Manly showed Menzies the door

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We honoured the Beaver by naming a grandstand after him , this was purley a financial descision. Its was the nature of the salary cap beast.

the articles crap news, it's just the media trying to bash manly.

The Beaver is a club legend and always will be. After being a champion clubman, I'm glad that he has had the oppottunity to play and travel overseas and see Europe.

I'd like to see him back at Brookvale, possibly in the defensive coaching ranks.

Everyone would have loved to have Beaver Menzies playing for Manly the last two years, and his experience and level headedness would have been invaluable at many times.

But he got his legendary fairytale ending, not many players do

Better to go at the peak of your powers than when they're on the wane....the coach is usually the best judge of that rather than the player, and who knows if Steve Menzies could have played at his 07-08 level for 2009/10/11 if he stayed at Manly???

We'll never know and thats the best way for it to be now its history.

Go the mighty Beaver!! Yes would love to have him back in the coaching ranks

Brookvale said:
the articles crap news, it's just the media trying to bash manly.

The Beaver is a club legend and always will be. After being a champion clubman, I'm glad that he has had the oppottunity to play and travel overseas and see Europe.

I'd like to see him back at Brookvale, possibly in the defensive coaching ranks.

Are you serious? Article illustrates the media trying to bash Manly?

I think Beaver should have played for us as long as he wanted to. Whilst I don't think our 09 season was as bad as some do, we still did manage to squeeze plenty of minutes into Chris Bailey. We could have also used Beaver to spearhead us from a marketing perspective into the fairdinkum membership era. One more season, heck, I think he could have even squeezed in 2. Lockyer wouldn't have come close to him and it would have been an immense source of pride for us as a club to have him and still use to sell the club. You could wheel him out to every corporate function, every fan day, every player induction with words to the effect of "ladies & gentlemen, I'd like to introduce to you the record holder for the most games played yadda yadda yadda". Exactly like the Broncos will be doing with Lockyer.

As for his on field performances in 08. He missed some time early in the season through injury, but he was excellent when he got back on the field. He was playing centres, backrow and even some time in the halves and never missed a beat.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6