Manly Sign Lawton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Very

Very Funny Ryan. If my post is the worst you will have recieved on here then good luck and good speed....

I'm happy yo be corrected on the TB point. I on the other hand looked at the car crash of the TB experiment with sadness. He did OK in 2017 when Bozo was backing him but as soon as he got full control it was a **** show.

Let's be honest you are very negative in many of your posts. It's not just you but a small band of brothers that run the same line. If that floats your boat then great. I've called out a few on here recently for their negative moaning demeanor. Please don't think your a special case.

Peace out.
Ryan's one of the best people on here. Thoughtful and passionate. A real asset to the site.

So what would we rather? Go buy Peats who can't get a gig anywhere OR we go sign a young gun Lawton that has a long future ahead of him and has plenty of speed and attack in him. I know what I'd rather even if we have to wait another 10 weeks to see him. Its a much better long term investment! With the re-signing of Olakau-atu and Schuster to be announced soon we are starting to build a much better looking side for next year especially if Turbo is fit and Fainu is cleared.

How does giving a player away for "free" help your cap space ? If you are paying a player on a contract even if he is at another club it still comes off your cap does it not ?

It's the vibe.

(I dunno... assuming it's not totally free and maybe 2022 they save 100k and that's what they need cap space wise? I know even in the nhl and their 80million+ cap teams are within thousands of the limit).

Are you drunk? I just said he was a good guy.
I'm sure he is a good guy. I would never question the good guy rating of someone I've never met..
there are so many others here as well. However over the last 6 months the moan level directed at the coach and players has gone the the roof and is becoming painful. Perhaps Ryan was just the last in a long line of posts that pushed my button....
Look at the Gauc situation.... he was all but packed and signed elsewhere by so many who were crying blue murder at Des. But hey presto he's re-signed so his time will come... WHEN HES READY...

Schuster will also get a run when ready.

I don’t get why so many think he’s a bad signing.

To me it’s brilliant.

A noted hooker , cheap as buggery ( if not free) for 2021 and he will either be the bench hooker under Stabby McStabby ( sorry I had to use that just once but won’t again ) or if Manase is found guilty he’ll be our first choice 9 later in the season and in 2022.

We’ve made some stuff ups in recruitment in recent years but this isn’t one of them !!

And???? I'm not permitted to question the perceived continual negativity of the blessed few? I will be sure to remember my place in future....

Blessed few? Come on mate.

There are a few positives to hang onto right now (Guaca re-signing), Jason Saab (and his potential), potential of Manase and Karl getting healthy / found not guilty), Tom getting healthy in 3-4 more games, etc, etc, etc, and people have praised those things.

It's about balance. I've seen 99.9% of the people on this site praise the good things when they occur (including me). It's only fair that when we are historically poor, these same people are allowed to vent, empathise and discuss these topics with others here - isn't that what the forum is about?

You attacked me about Barrett / Toovey to prove a point, but were way off. I'd have either back here in a heartbeat. Des, the first time around I gushed for. When he left I was devastated.

We've just suffered our worst ever first round defeat in 75 years. We've just had our worst defensive run in our clubs history over 11 games (yeah, including a trial). We are releasing players left, right and centre. Let people be real about that, maybe?

Not sure "what" you expect people to say after these games, and when things like the Karl Lawton signing happens? I won't throw up examples, because it would likely sound antagonistic.

Now, I'm heading to @Dan 's tonight for drinks, so will miss the game (knowing him, he'll have it blearing on his big screen). Enjoy the spectacle. We may put in a better effort, but I think we all know the result. And that's a very, very sad thing.

I don’t get why so many think he’s a bad signing.

To me it’s brilliant.

A noted hooker , cheap as buggery ( if not free) for 2021 and he will either be the bench hooker under Stabby McStabby ( sorry I had to use that just once but won’t again ) or if Manase is found guilty he’ll be our first choice 9 later in the season and in 2022.

We’ve made some stuff ups in recruitment in recent years but this isn’t one of them !!

I think it's because we are in desperate need of able bodied players mate. Players that can take the field.

Blessed few? Come on mate.

There are a few positives to hang onto right now (Guaca re-signing), Jason Saab (and his potential), potential of Manase and Karl getting healthy / found not guilty), Tom getting healthy in 3-4 more games, etc, etc, etc, and people have praised those things.

It's about balance. I've seen 99.9% of the people on this site praise the good things when they occur (including me). It's only fair that when we are historically poor, these same people are allowed to vent, empathise and discuss these topics with others here - isn't that what the forum is about?

You attacked me about Barrett / Toovey to prove a point, but were way off. I'd have either back here in a heartbeat. Des, the first time around I gushed for. When he left I was devastated.

We've just suffered our worst ever first round defeat in 75 years. We've just had our worst defensive run in our clubs history over 11 games (yeah, including a trial). We are releasing players left, right and centre. Let people be real about that, maybe?

Not sure "what" you expect people to say after these games, and when things like the Karl Lawton signing happens? I won't throw up examples, because it would likely sound antagonistic.

Now, I'm heading to @Dan 's tonight for drinks, so will miss the game (knowing him, he'll have it blearing on his big screen). Enjoy the spectacle. We may put in a better effort, but I think we all know the result. And that's a very, very sad thing.
Make sure you're here by 5 mate catering starts then mate

I think it's because we are in desperate need of able bodied players mate. Players that can take the field.

Yes I get that too BUT do you sign Peats ( who is bog average ) because he can play immediately OR do you look to the future and pick up a decent player , for almost zero dollars that’s actually got some talent !!

I see your side too but this isn’t a short term fix it’s a long term gain and we have been guilty of quick fixes that haven’t worked in the past and need to move away from that.

Yes I get that too BUT do you sign Peats ( who is bog average ) because he can play immediately OR do you look to the future and pick up a decent player , for almost zero dollars that’s actually got some talent !!

I see your side too but this isn’t a short term fix it’s a long term gain and we have been guilty of quick fixes that haven’t worked in the past and need to move away from that.

Why is it "or Peats"?

For the record, Peats has represented both NSW and City (and indigenous all stars), but I don't know him as a player that well, mainly because I detest Parramatta.

I don't understand the notion that we are getting Lawson for free (or "peanuts")....
The Worriers are releasing him to free up cap space!

Try this: say he’s on 200. They pay 150 and we pay 50 for this year. Next year they pay 100 and we pay 100.

warriors save 150 over 2 years. We get a 200 a year player for 150 over 2 years.

That may not play any matches by the time he is uninjured.

Great deal for the Warriors

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10