Manly Sign Lawton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
His brother played for Man. Might as well as been his twin brother. Good player but never cracked the top grade.

Just like older bro he is quick. Which for new rules help. But he has seemed injured more often then not.

I'm going to stick my head out and say I don't like it. I see Cust as a very important player for MAN moving forward.

Based on what I saw yesterday I'm convinced that we're in for one of our worst seasons in the almost seventy years of my supportership, (if that's a word) all I saw was a continuation of the same pathetic attack and defence we were confronted with last year, based on this sadly I believe our 75th anniversary will bring us our first wooden spoon, we have become a bigger embarrassment than the Northern Eagles, no heart at all :=(

Please add Crocker, Boyle and Jorge as well (I thank him and respect him, but it is time).
you mean croker. I wish his name was Crocker cause he is just a Crock of #@%#

Why?

Now we have Manase Fainu maybe going to jail and not playing at least to mid year
and Karl Lawton who won't play all year with a ruptured achilles - SO DUMB

Our recruitment has been AWFUL ! Are they TRYING to piss all our salary cap up the wall?
add tom to that list

I think JetSki is a mullum boy so it might be a death stare and at 100 yards.

I was looking at Jack's bio and it says he was born in mur-bah but junior club was mullum...

So in his youth, he'd have to give himself an uppercut.

(and then take on those Lismore types)

His brother played for Man. Might as well as been his twin brother. Good player but never cracked the top grade.

Just like older bro he is quick. Which for new rules help. But he has seemed injured more often then not.

I'm going to stick my head out and say I don't like it. I see Cust as a very important player for MAN moving forward.

BUT, is Con really being looked at in the future as a half??

I like this, it gives Cust 1/2 season to see if he can hook up, err perform consistently at hooker and show his wares if so we snared a back up cheap, if not later half and next year we have either a recognised hooker or a back up for Fainu.

I like this, it gives Cust 1/2 season to see if he can hook up, err perform consistently at hooker and show his wares if so we snared a back up cheap, if not later half and next year we have either a recognised hooker or a back up for Fainu.

Yes , I couldn’t get the angst when it was announced.

Oh sure if he’d been fit and could have played now it would have been better but if that was the case he may not have been released with them paying for the rest of the year.

Smart recruiting IMO.

Oh come on. Kelly was awfully inconsistent and still is.can do amazing killer like things and then bookends it with the dumbest ****e.
I was a huge backer of the kid but he just never really produced. I doubt we would have done so well in 2019 had he stayed.

Look we all know you don't like Des but the continual moaning about the coach is getting old. Yes we know its not going well. Yes we know things are frustrating but can't some on here just take a funking chill pill. I'm sure you hated TB just as much if not more. Was Toovey on the end of your anger as well? Are we seeing a pattern here? Just asking......

There were a few of us on this site that actually backed Barrett, I was one of them (as others have alluded to). That's a concoction you've clearly made up. I didn't like the way The Penns handled him.

As for Toovey, I liked his coaching, I loved his passion, I loved him as a player. I did speak of one actual event between he, and Shane Dunley (which I won't repeat now) I was unhappy about, but that's a second concoction, you've clearly just made up.

Is the pattern we are seeing, is you are looking for someone to rip, and you decided it's me? Just asking? Yes, our present results are diabolical. We aren't talking one day, we are talking half a season, and historically bad, so I deserve the right to be gutted. P.S. there are also 5 million other people around Australia talking about Des, so wrack off.

Brian Kelly is one of the Titans best players. He is the reigning Paul Broughton medalist (their best and fairest medal), after just missing out on the finals. You "doubt" he would have done well under Des if he stayed? Great insight, Nostradamus

I won't be replying to you again, nor reading a response.

Last edited:
I can't understand if Manly had some Cap space that they didn't use it to sign Tenterfield for the next two season, rather than keeping him on a Development contract where he is likely to be poached by a club more willing to give young players a chance in First Grade.
Couldn't the club have signed Lawton on a 'train and trial' contract or a Development contract?

I can't understand if Manly had some Cap space that they didn't use it to sign Tenterfield for the next two season, rather than keeping him on a Development contract where he is likely to be poached by a club more willing to give young players a chance in First Grade.
Couldn't the club have signed Lawton on a 'train and trial' contract or a Development contract?
I believe development contracts are capped (quite low), so Lawton would never have come over for those dollars. I guess this way we get Lawton and can use Saddler from round 12.

Very
There were a few of us on this site that actually backed Barrett, I was one of them (as others have alluded to). That's a concoction you've clearly made up. I didn't like the way The Penns handled him.

As for Toovey, I liked his coaching, I loved his passion, I loved him as a player. I did speak of one actual event between he, and Shane Dunley (which I won't repeat now) I was unhappy about, but that's a second concoction, you've clearly just made up.

Is the pattern we are seeing, is you are looking for someone to rip, and you decided it's me? Just asking? Yes, our present results are diabolical. We aren't talking one day, we are talking half a season, and historically bad, so I deserve the right to be gutted. P.S. there are also 5 million other people around Australia talking about Des, so wrack off.

Brian Kelly is one of the Titans best players. He is the reigning Paul Broughton medalist (their best and fairest medal), after just missing out on the finals. You "doubt" he would have done well under Des if he stayed? Great insight, Nostradamus

I won't be replying to you again, nor reading a response.
Very Funny Ryan. If my post is the worst you will have recieved on here then good luck and good speed....

I'm happy yo be corrected on the TB point. I on the other hand looked at the car crash of the TB experiment with sadness. He did OK in 2017 when Bozo was backing him but as soon as he got full control it was a **** show.

Let's be honest you are very negative in many of your posts. It's not just you but a small band of brothers that run the same line. If that floats your boat then great. I've called out a few on here recently for their negative moaning demeanor. Please don't think your a special case.

Peace out.

I would imagine we picked up Lawton's existing contract and the Warriors paying a good chunk of his freight for THIS year for possibly less money than a Devel contract upgrade for anyone. There needed to be SOME incentive for Lawton to join us and offering him a Devel contract would probably not provide that.

I recall that reading that Devel contracted players allowed to play FG at any time this year without the previous limitations. ?? If so, Saddler is allowed to get his shot at FG if the powers that be deem him worthy. I also doubt he is not being encouraged on his pathway to FG.

I would imagine we picked up Lawton's existing contract and the Warriors paying a good chunk of his freight for THIS year for possibly less money than a Devel contract upgrade for anyone. There needed to be SOME incentive for Lawton to join us and offering him a Devel contract would probably not provide that.

I recall that reading that Devel contracted players allowed to play FG at any time this year without the previous limitations. ?? If so, Saddler is allowed to get his shot at FG if the powers that be deem him worthy. I also doubt he is not being encouraged on his pathway to FG.

FWIW, the daily telescrap said that Lawton was almost free this year and heavily discounted the next and a reluctant 'let go' as the warriors needed cap space.

FWIW, the daily telescrap said that Lawton was almost free this year and heavily discounted the next and a reluctant 'let go' as the warriors needed cap space.
How does giving a player away for "free" help your cap space ? If you are paying a player on a contract even if he is at another club it still comes off your cap does it not ?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10