Manly struggling to match Souths support

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
What never ceases to amaze me is (and yes it IS a different day / time) but we can get 50,000 Manly fans turn up on the 5th of October when we play in a GF, but struggle to get 10K there when its a game TO GET to the GF.

I know a lot (like me) come from afar, or the country for the biggest of games but I would expect a bigger contingent from the "fair weather fans" group to swell the numbers.

Yes. Couldn't agree more. 2008 there were price tags still hanging off merchandise on the 'wagon brigade'. Hopefully they might give there new gear a test run tonight before the GF.

Mark from Brisbane said:
What never ceases to amaze me is (and yes it IS a different day / time) but we can get 50,000 Manly fans turn up on the 5th of October when we play in a GF, but struggle to get 10K there when its a game TO GET to the GF.

I know a lot (like me) come from afar, or the country for the biggest of games but I would expect a bigger contingent from the "fair weather fans" group to swell the numbers.

If Toddy puts the GF on a Friday night in Sydney SFS or ANZ without the Olympic bus and train operation in full mode the GF wouldn't get 50K Manly fans.

The NRL robbed Brookie of the semi so it would be played at a "centralised stadium" but aside from a dozen express buses from the Leagues Club what have they done to get Manly fans and Souths fans from all over Sydney and nearby parts to the game? Nada. Not a zip. Swans do it better every fortnight 12 times a year.

should have a good crowd for rabbits tonight

I have just heard that they have closed centre link, welfare agencies and the corrective services and the redfern homeless chapel to allow the fans to attend the game.

Anyone with an address of under a rail wagon car at central gets in free

Standing room only in the gutters tonight

Now thats a promotion

By the way- I have arrived and sitting at airport taxi rank with three other champions in Maroon and White

GO MANLY

Brissie Kid said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

If Toddy puts the GF on a Friday night in Sydney SFS or ANZ without the Olympic bus and train operation in full mode the GF wouldn't get 50K Manly fans.

The NRL robbed Brookie of the semi so it would be played at a "centralised stadium" but aside from a dozen express buses from the Leagues Club what have they done to get Manly fans and Souths fans from all over Sydney and nearby parts to the game? Nada. Not a zip. Swans do it better every fortnight 12 times a year.

Exactly Brissie Kid.

When games are at ANZ, FREE transport from anywhere - obviously ANZ foot the bill.
The other venue in Sydney is a $h!tfight to get to, especially on a Friday night.
To get to the ground from Central is either an overpriced/overcrowded bus that is stationary more often than it moves or walk through Surry Hills which isn't exactly the nicest of places to walk your kids at night.

The media is making a big deal of the buses from the Leagues club. What 30 buses? 1500 people max, whoppty f%$king doo.

A Friday night doesn't make it an enjoyable experience - rush from work, rush to game, rush to get out alive.

It will be interesting to see how many they get tomorrow night at the Chooks v Penrith game with a 6.00pm kickoff on a Saturday. They should get at least 10k more but the finger will be pointed at us for not travelling.

conanu said:
Why didnt we play it at Bluetongue? Surely that is up to standard for semi's and drag those Rabbit supporters to Central Coast after work on Fri night. The NRL is either trying to f@&k us or they are completely stupid. Every year no one turns up on a friday night for our first semi and every year they put it on friday. Who is the bigger idiot. NRL just dont care about us and push the agenda at every angle. We have got a disadvantage for coming 2nd. No wonder we threw the game last week resting players.

I tend to agree with the Gosford option if Brookie is deemed unsuitable. The surface there is good and its an all-seater which can hold just over 20,000. I know Brookie can hold 23,000 officially, but I'd be surprised if they could (safely) fit more than 21k in there. And surely Bluetongue has a few corporate boxes that can be used.

But that would disadvantage the Vermin wouldn't it, not to mention Nein.

Teflon Toad Greenturd is going to have a field day in the media tomorrow gloating about tonight's crowd and how it 'vindicates' the league's policy .....while conveniently forgetting to mention that it should have been played at Brookie (or Gosford).

Haven't seen this many vermin since I moved my fridge and disturbed a cockroach nest. Morttein Manly will sort that out hopefully.

The problem is not only the stadium but the fact that they always put it in a friday. We dont get bad crowds on sunday or sat at sfs. Just fri nights. They are too awkward

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4