Manly team during Origin Period

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

stoodamire

Bencher
With Origin around the corner. We'll have a few players selected and be affected for game one and two. We face the Cowboys and Dragons during that time.

Definite:

Tom
Jake

Maybe:

Api

Unlikely:

DCE
Walker

With our already depleted roster, we might struggle during this period.

I'll have a go with at an Origin YART. This is assuming ony the brothers get picked we might be ok, but worse case scenario then we might be in trouble.

1) M Wright
2) Taufua
3) Walker (Suli)
4) Kelly
5) Uate
6) Hodkinson (Walker, T Wright)
7) DCE (Hodkinson)
8) AFB (Paseka, Denver test)
9) Koroisau (Brown)
10) Taupau (Lane, Denver test)
11) Thompson
12) Gosiewski
13) Lane (Winterstein)

14) Brown (T Wright, Sipley)
15) Paseka (Suli)
16) Winterstein (Sipley)
17) Perrett

Last edited:
Yes I don
Something to also throw into the mix is Taupau and AFB possibly heading off to Denver to play a test match and if they back up from that
If that is while Jake and maybe Tom and DCE or others are away it will be a loss weekend for us.
(Unless we are playing the Dragons??)

Something to also throw into the mix is Taupau and AFB possibly heading off to Denver to play a test match and if they back up from that

Oh damn, that too. It's the same time as Origin II.

Props are where we are the lightest as well.

8) Paseka
10) Perrett

14) Sipley
15) (we don't have another prop)

Maybe Suli to prop! He's big enough haha

Last edited:
To lose the Tbros and DCE would be bloody hard to overcome especially depending on who we play.

To lose the Tbros and DCE would be bloody hard to overcome especially depending on who we play.
giphy.gif

Jake is a definite pick. There are calls for him to be future captain.

Tom is a mabye cause Teddy is in front of him for FB at the moment (so he might play centre). Toms form of late (prior to donkeys) has given teddy the edge for game 1.

Cook and McInnes are ahead of Api. It's unlikely he will be picked.

Munster and Hunt for the QLD halves. DCE might be the utility. Taylor is too small to be utility and morgan has been out of form.

Even though I reckon no Manly player will be selected for SOO, it's a stand alone weekend of football anyway, Yes, Kapow will play for NZ so really think he will be the only question mark week after because of jet lag.

JT will be on bench for NSW, not main team so he will that not be tied from the experience. Frizell is in front of him for lock. I personal think its BS but, everyone hates Manly anyway.

At end of day does anyone here really want anyone selected for tests or SOO?

My two bobs....
Fittler will pick both Turbo’s, Tom will be wing or centre. Teddy, Fergo, Latrell, Addo-Carr
Jake will be lock, he offers more than Frizell and DeBelin plus can handle frontrow if needed. It wouldn’t surprise me if he made Jake captain either.

Maloney should be there and Wade Graham too but I’ve got no idea who halfback and the rest of the forwards will be.

I don't see an issue. We have a couple of blokes on our injured list who are right to play this weekend if needed. Touch wood. But we might have a much better list over the Origin period then many a side.

Jake will be NSW lock, Tom will be NSW wing. Daly is an outside chance of a spot, especially now with Smith gone and Morgan out of form. Walkz is unlikely as is Api.

The talk up here for Qld is Hunt and Munster, with Morgan on the bench. I hope so, cause I reckon the Blues will roll em and I don't want DCE getting blamed for the loss again. I can hear Tallis now. I reckon Cherry for the 3rd one when NSW has won the series, and he'll have a blinder to stick it up the Qld old boys.

With Origin around the corner. We'll have a few players selected and be affected for game one and two. We face the Cowboys and Dragons during that time.

Definite:

Tom
Jake

Maybe:

Api

Unlikely:

DCE
Walker

With our already depleted roster, we might struggle during this period.

I'll have a go with at an Origin YART. This is assuming ony the brothers get picked we might be ok, but worse case scenario then we might be in trouble.

1) M Wright
2) Taufua
3) Walker (Suli)
4) Kelly
5) Uate
6) Hodkinson (Walker, T Wright)
7) DCE (Hodkinson)
8) AFB (Paseka, Denver test)
9) Koroisau (Brown)
10) Taupau (Lane, Denver test)
11) Thompson
12) Gosiewski
13) Lane (Winterstein)

14) Brown (T Wright, Sipley)
15) Paseka (Suli)
16) Winterstein (Sipley)
17) Perrett
Forfeit

The Dragons and Cowboys are close to the most ideal teams to play during Origin. The Dragons will be without Tyson Frizell, and maybe Jack De Bellin and Paul Vaughan, so they're probably having the same concerns as us on their supporters page. The Cowboys will be without Coen Hess and Michael Morgan and maybe Gavin Cooper.

Jake will play 99.99%
Tom likely to be picked but has stiff competition and is making far too many errors right now so dropping in odds each week.
Walker a maybe but would need a coupe of great games back at centre.

That's it I think

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8