Manly Team Picked - Only One Surprise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like Willo is there strictly as a defensive forward and not to cover Monas. I think a 5/8 - hooker rotation of Monas, Dunley and Burns will have Canberra on their heels throughout with no respite - it's an attacking ploy basically.

Premier League (by default):-

01. Mark Lennon
02. Willie Bishop
03. Sean Meaney
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Michael Robertson
06. Michael Witt
07. Clint Halden
08. George Rose
09. Matt Ballin
10. Kane Cleal
11. Adam Cuthbertson
12. Jason Wells
13. Glenn Stewart

14. J P Cherry
15. Nathan Tutt
16. Sione Fienefeakai
17. Phil Moorwood / Jim Curtis / Kyle Arnold / Jeff Robson / Mark Toshak / Conrad? /

Not even close
Lennon
Robertson
Dalton
Tillot
Meaney
Witt
Halden
Rose
Ballin
Moorwood
Tutt
Stewart
Cherry

Robson
Cleal
Curtis
Wells
Styles
Cuthbertson

[quote author=byso]
Which Matai will play????
HOW MANY ARE THERE ?
[/quote]

2 there's the one who plays without his head screwed on. (like the game against the Roosters)

The other one plays strong and keeps out of trouble (like last week)

Monas should never have been re-signed.

Look at the problems he is causing already. We bought talent with a view that he wouldnt be here this year and now it looks like we have to shuffle around just to fit him in because of the money he is on!

[quote author=robbiea]
[quote author=byso]
Which Matai will play????
HOW MANY ARE THERE ?
[/quote]

2 there's the one who plays without his head screwed on. (like the game against the Roosters)

The other one plays strong and keeps out of trouble (like last week)

[/quote]
OW ,Now i get you ,just like the monaghan triplets !

I have to admit...Burns played very well at 5/8 for us against The Roosters...very damaging in defence too. I think this shows Crushers hand on who he plans to retain going forward.

If Monaghan has to be at 5/8 as the herd is clamouring for then Des has got the rest right. Burns needs to be given a chance.Williamson can cover if there are problems at 5/8 and second row.

If you pick Monaghan at hooker and give Burns a proper go at establishing a halves combination the side has a much better balance.Also gives a good young player a reason to stay.

anyway,i think picking burns is a lot better than throwing in a bloke to cover our strongest area where we have workaholic playersi.e. backrow.

Lets hope Monas leaves all the kicking to Orford.I got sick of him kicking it dead in goal at the end of every 6 last year.

[quote author=Ryan]

01. Mark Lennon
02. Willie Bishop
03. Sean Meaney
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Michael Robertson
06. Michael Witt
07. Clint Halden
08. George Rose
09. Matt Ballin
10. Kane Cleal
11. Adam Cuthbertson
12. Jason Wells
13. Glenn Stewart

14. J P Cherry
15. Nathan Tutt
16. Sione Fienefeakai
17. Phil Moorwood / Jim Curtis / Kyle Arnold / Jeff Robson / Mark Toshak / Conrad? /

Not even close
Lennon
Robertson
Dalton
Tillot
Meaney
Witt
Halden
Rose
Ballin
Moorwood
Tutt
Stewart
Cherry

Robson
Cleal
Curtis
Wells
Styles
Cuthbertson
[/quote]

Cleal on the bench for PL :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

Monas should never have been re-signed.

Look at the problems he is causing already. We bought talent with a view that he wouldnt be here this year and now it looks like we have to shuffle around just to fit him in because of the money he is on!

Delmege bought him ,so he should find a spot for him !, by round 5 ,max,s current receptionist may be looking for a new job -poor girl..

Move dunley to bench, burns back to PL and start with ballin and it's the same side i picked!!

Yes, we need willo..

Isnt Witt still serving a suspension from last year? When he gets back surely he would go straight back into first grade,we have lost too many games over the last few years due to poor goalkicking.

One concern is the lack of impact off the bench.

At least this year we will have quite a few players pressing for a first grade spot in Ballin, Cuthbo, Rose, Robertson, Rose, Alberts, Glen Stewart etc.

Witty's suspension ended with the Tigers trial.

Thus he's considered to be the third ranked 5/8th in the club, behind a one game NRL veteran.

No - Witt's suspension is over - it was two weeks. His form has been poor from all reports in PL and he will have to earn his spot.

Kicking form was pretty average too I believe.

[quote author=Biscuits]
[quote author=Ryan]

01. Mark Lennon
02. Willie Bishop
03. Sean Meaney
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Michael Robertson
06. Michael Witt
07. Clint Halden
08. George Rose
09. Matt Ballin
10. Kane Cleal
11. Adam Cuthbertson
12. Jason Wells
13. Glenn Stewart

14. J P Cherry
15. Nathan Tutt
16. Sione Fienefeakai

Not even close
Lennon
Robertson
Dalton
Tillot
Meaney
Witt
Halden
Rose
Ballin
Moorwood
Tutt
Stewart
Cherry

Robson
Cleal
Curtis
Wells
Styles
Cuthbertson
[/quote]

Cleal on the bench for PL :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:
[/quote]

So is the great white hope, Cuthbertson

Being on the bench is no big issue now. In some teams the bench players get more game time than the named players. No big deal and too early to read very much into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8