Manly to Surprise at Auckland Nines!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

double hoops

First Grader
I loved the 7's. Loved the 9's. It is a great way to have the league season kick off. That a bunch of fringe, second graders and juniors got to show their wares is also a great thing. It was prob a bit stale in NZ. If they moved it to Perth or Melbourne to try and promote the game rather than shelve it for the time being, I would be surprised if plenty of league fans didn't travel, and make it a success crowd wise.

Holmsey

Bencher
Fine then (Heres my squad if it was going ahead but I dont understand the positions so they are just numbered)

1 J Trbojevic (c) (Yeah I know coming off injury but its my understanding you must send at least some big name players so Id send Jake, bit of leadership practice for him and get him back into the swing of things)
2 Koroisau
3 Taufua (Lets him finally play some footy again)
4 Uate
5 Taupau (Chuck him on the edge and let him cause some destruction)

Theres the 5 big names

6 Croker
7 Hastings

Both get another chance to impress for the 6 spot

8 Lane
9 Fainu
10 M Wright (Would let him play a number of positions e.g. fullback, halves or centre/wing
11 Perrett
12 T Wright (Would have him on the field as much as possible just to let him play, no pressure just lets this young eagle soar)
13 Paseka
14 Gosiewski (Let him play a bit of outside backs as well)
15 Funa
16 Tanginoa
17 Kelly
18 Parker (Play a bit of backrow)

Thatd be my squad

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Fine then (Heres my squad if it was going ahead but I dont understand the positions so they are just numbered)

1 J Trbojevic (c) (Yeah I know coming off injury but its my understanding you must send at least some big name players so Id send Jake, bit of leadership practice for him and get him back into the swing of things)
2 Koroisau
3 Taufua (Lets him finally play some footy again)
4 Uate
5 Taupau (Chuck him on the edge and let him cause some destruction)

Theres the 5 big names

6 Croker
7 Hastings

Both get another chance to impress for the 6 spot

8 Lane
9 Fainu
10 M Wright (Would let him play a number of positions e.g. fullback, halves or centre/wing
11 Perrett
12 T Wright (Would have him on the field as much as possible just to let him play, no pressure just lets this young eagle soar)
13 Paseka
14 Gosiewski (Let him play a bit of outside backs as well)
15 Funa
16 Tanginoa
17 Kelly
18 Parker (Play a bit of backrow)

Thatd be my squad

How good would that be ... so much interest in watching the young'uns.

With Fainu, Hastings, and croker able to play dummy half I would probably give Api a rest and play another .... maybe H'olemole or whatever his name is or Lussick jnr.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Imagine throwing together an all time Manly nines side

I've only been watching since the mid 90s so won't delve into players before that, but a squad with both Stewart's, Lyons, Menzies, Lyon, Trbojevic, Gardner, Watmough, Kosef, Wolfman, Taupau, Walker, Uate etc would be hard to beat

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Imagine throwing together an all time Manly nines side

I've only been watching since the mid 90s so won't delve into players before that, but a squad with both Stewart's, Lyons, Menzies, Lyon, Trbojevic, Gardner, Watmough, Kosef, Wolfman, Taupau, Walker, Uate etc would be hard to beat

Michael O'Conner, Shearer, Fulton, Ken Irvine, Beaustead .... and the bloke that would really carve 'em to pieces would be Freddy Jones.

brad

First Grader
Oj Cunningham running off cliffys right hip into a yawning gap , ill never forget the 7s . Rip. Star studded manly sides.

• 👍
Reactions: R3

R3

Bird gang affiliate
If the nines was on this year, would Many be allowed to send players from Blacktown workers like John Folau? I don’t recall his form for Parra the last few nines comps, but he’s so well built for 9 a side

Shoe1

Journey Man
If the nines was on this year, would Many be allowed to send players from Blacktown workers like John Folau? I don’t recall his form for Parra the last few nines comps, but he’s so well built for 9 a side
For sure, if it was on, he would definitely be allowed to be selected.

• 📚
Reactions: R3

LittleSnake

Super Sub
Might be a great way to promote Footy in the islander nations eg: Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and png. I imagine they'd get behind the tournament with some passion:party:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12