Manly to Surprise at Auckland Nines!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Danly Manly

Reserve Grader
The more i look at our squad for the Auckland 9's the more i believe that we really have a chance to go deep into the finals or even win the tournament.

We have three players in the squad with Rugby 7's experience - 'Tom Wright', 'Frank Winterstein' and 'Peter Schuster'. This will surely give us an edge one would think.

We have some speed to burn with the likes of 'Schuster', 'Kelly' and 'Walker'. 'Schuster' is the fastest player on our roster "with a club-quickest 4.9 seconds over 40 metres".

Then we have our destructive hard running wingers 'Taufua' and 'Uate', our tried and true Big Boys in 'Lawrence', 'Taupau' and 'Fonua-Blake', and 6 or 7 other new recruits who will be pumped up and eager to impress and make their mark for the upcoming NRL season.

'Godinet' should be a handy player as well and will also be keen to impress.

I know that we have been handed a tough draw with the likes of Parra and the Warriors, but i wouldn't count us out by any means.

Hope you are right mate! Traditionally we haven't performed too well in this format... but you make some valid/interesting points!

It would be nice but think you have maroon coloured glasses on.
The bookies rarely get it so wrong and have us at zero chance.
My mate was telling my yesterday why the Panthers should be the favourites, they are paying almost as much as us to win.

There are very few if any similarities between rugby 7's and League 9's.

7 V 9 is a bigger difference than you imagine.

Play the ball V ruck will give you different play timing and concentration of defenders.

Multiple player tackles and slowing down play V ruck.

Limited tackle and Kick V continious play.

Defenders having to retire 10m (?) V up level with ruck.

I think the first 2 years teams thought it would be like the 7's and thought all they needed was fit and fast players, (I did) but last year the more successful teams were those that played a more tradition league attack of 3/4 hit ups from the big guys before going wide.

Having said that, players like Radrararara will carve up regardless of how you play.

Bump ... right about now I wish we had an Auckland nines comp to look forward to ..

With all our newbies the naming of the squad and watching Jetski, Kelepi Sipley Paseka etc would be very exciting .....

... Also reading the stupid idea, injuries boo boo posts are so entertaining and original ..

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10