Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

0 38
Suncorp Stadium
13 May 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why’s that Mark?
You wouldn’t think Des would bother to name him if it was his calf…?
Yeah possibly but I think he’s named him just in case he can get better by Friday ( or Thursday when he needs to move to the 19).

Let’s see , I vote he won’t play , just a gut feeling.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Guess that i am more inclined to the glass half full outlook as opposed to half empty but that 2 nd half effort against the Sharks seemed to have plenty of merit . Just though it worth mentioning again that wet conditions haven 't seemed that adverse to Manly this season as opposed to numerous other seasons . Still always prefer a dry track in general for Manly sides however .
Fair call , i was genuinely applauding your positive call in the sharkies game . The variable for mine was the first half was wet also ,and overall it was uninspiring but you are dead right about our history in the wet and your POINT is solid, even though i missed it a bit

I think we have the tools , just dont always use them . In the examples i used i didnt see wet weather footy, more like dry footy on a wet night and i worry its low percentage

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Anyone know if the Manly supporters bay on Friday night out of the rain? Or has the NRL decided we need to be pissed on (again)?

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Hope we are out of the rain, I'm in a group of 8 Sea Eagle supporters in Manly supporters bay behind the goal posts.
Couldn’t make it this year due to a work commitment. Glad I’ll be watching this one from the couch tbh. On a positive Tge forecast has basically been rain since last Friday here and we’ve no had near what was forecast.

Rafferty

Mug punter
The general consensus is the Donkeys backline is their strength, particularly their centre pairing, which is pretty obvious, however I think their pack, (especially Carrigan) has been really good and the reason their going ok.

Reynolds has helped big time, but their pack is mobile and looks fitter than they have in a good while, it will be a good test for our boys, it’s pretty simple, win the middle, which is bog obvious, do that and we should come away with the W.

Strangely enough I think their edges can be exposed, even though South’s lost, they caught Brisbane out wide several times particularly their left edge, but we need to win the middle first, then theres the wet track that will probably keep the game tight anyway.

Thinking it should be a good game, if Chez kicks well, the boys match their energy and we control the ball, I say we win.

Be very handy to come away with the 2 points, especially given our assignment over the next couple of weeks, really can‘t see why we can’t win it, actually, pretty confident we can. Saturday just seems so bloody far away.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
the dogs towelled themselves up against us in the pouring rain. we played really poor that night despite the win and our kicking wasnt reserve grade standard.
5 kicks in the first half, 4 of them by fowards, davey , tapau and frog did 80 % of the kicking that half from memory
next week DCE started kicking well also from memory after i presume Des got into his ear. saw the first and quite possibly last torpedo bombs the following week added to the repertoire

you are a good man, al to credit manly with a comeback against the sharks. sharkies all but rolled out the mercy rule IMO. Ref felt sympathy for us as well, or the sharkies at 13 plus was gonna cost someone big time
Surprise, surprise another DCE not good enough post.

It still amazes me that the Austrian coach, the QLD coach, Manlys coach a two time premiership winning coach and two time winner as a player and a half back, the press, the dally M points scorers, the Manly management, the players around him, his mum (of course) all seem to think he is a good player. Except taccording to old @jbb/james he is the 7-th to 8th best halfback going around.

It’s getting tired old mate, and maybe you should just follow another team until he retires.

You only have 2 years to wait, then you can come back and support us again. Until that is you find another player to death ride and just have little digs at him over and over again.

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
Surprise, surprise another DCE not good enough post.

It still amazes me that the Austrian coach, the QLD coach, Manlys coach a two time premiership winning coach and two time winner as a player and a half back, the press, the dally M points scorers, the Manly management, the players around him, his mum (of course) all seem to think he is a good player. Except taccording to old @jbb/james he is the 7-th to 8th best halfback going around.
The Austrian coach thinks DCE is a winner? Which one? Was it Ernst Happel.........or maybe Hans Krankl? :)

Eagle 1

First Grader
Couldn’t make it this year due to a work commitment. Glad I’ll be watching this one from the couch tbh. On a positive Tge forecast has basically been rain since last Friday here and we’ve no had near what was forecast.
Yeah Waz, the Bris forecast has Friday being not as bad as Wed or Thursday at this stage, but it could all change in a couple of days. We'll take what comes, as long as it's a Manly win that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 81 16
13 7 6 47 16