Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 32
Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no. The big, mobile Brisbane pack will have him back peddling which will result in him holding on for too long in a tackle. There really is no excuse for him or Harper to play if the 17 players above are all fit.
My gut feeling says Woods will be picked. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Fox sports saying that Jakes out, didn't give a reason. Please, praying this is not so with Froggy playing busted, our defence is looking shaky as it is, but losing Jake is something we wont recover from.

With a rested Payne and Ezra
This is going to be very ugly.

If the Broncos click and we don't turn up this will easily be 40 + win to them.

I fear Friday night what it will be.
Dont think i can bring myself to even watch this game , ill cop heaps from home so might miss this one

Gee there’s not much love for me to stick around is there.

Ok , here’s the drum.

Leave next Wednesday , return the middle of July.

Best I can do 😂😂😢
I keep reading about how when you go travelling Mark, we seem to win more often. You wouldn't like to move your trip forward and go THIS Wednesday instead of next, would you?? @:D

Safe travels, Mark!

Bit of an understatement but going to have to be some serious selection deliberations for this side "s make up . Probably would stick with Alioia as the 13 , start with Keppie and Tent as props , Be even inclined to give Weekes another crack at 6 , unlikely but if Cooper Johns only possible benefit is some short kicking options , may as well revert to Weekes , at least he is capable of making something happen . Don 't think that Sam Fainu has played much as a prop but just might have to adjust , Bully the other prop sub , Lawton [ and to cover or come on at 9 or 13 ] and either Johns or Weekes on the bench also , . Really hope that Koula is right to go

It’s a very scary prospect. Serious defensive deficiencies out wide and Jake out.
Yep, it's a perfect storm reality coming for us this Friday night. Sipley suspended for the next 3wks, also looking like Jakes out with a calf complaint also. Froggy needs a break also. Lawton will get lots of game time you would think, his defence will be needed around the ruck area. Need to conjure up the recent Storm game for us to have any real chance.

Bit of an understatement but going to have to be some serious selection deliberations for this side "s make up . Probably would stick with Alioia as the 13 , start with Keppie and Tent as props , Be even inclined to give Weekes another crack at 6 , unlikely but if Cooper Johns only possible benefit is some short kicking options , may as well revert to Weekes , at least he is capable of making something happen . Don 't think that Sam Fainu has played much as a prop but just might have to adjust , Bully the other prop sub , Lawton [ and to cover or come on at 9 or 13 ] and either Johns or Weekes on the bench also , . Really hope that Koula is right to go
I'm with you on Weeks playing 5/8, think he might add a bit more than Johns tbh.

Yep, it's a perfect storm reality coming for us this Friday night. Sipley suspended for the next 3wks, also looking like Jakes out with a calf complaint also. Froggy needs a break also. Lawton will get lots of game time you would think, his defence will be needed around the ruck area. Need to conjure up the recent Storm game for us to have any real chance.
Yep, I reckon Lawton will be given the job to tackle tackle tackle in the absence of Jake.

1682986250191.jpeg

The previous meetings shown on the NRL website preview. This Friday to decide the series

Yep, I reckon Lawton will be given the job to tackle tackle tackle in the absence of Jake.
Really need all of the forwards to pick up the slack in Jake 's absence . Don "t think that Karl is the one for that for any extended time however . Most likely need some bigger bodies more into the mix to counter the Broncs big pack . Not to say that Lawton will not have a dig when he is on and if he is not in the run on side which is still an option of course .

I keep reading about how when you go travelling Mark, we seem to win more often. You wouldn't like to move your trip forward and go THIS Wednesday instead of next, would you?? @:D

Safe travels, Mark!
Yes it’s tomorrow!!!

Doesn’t always work but as regulars on here know for some strange reason , I go bush and we seem to start winning more than losing , and it’s been happening for the 8 years I’ve been caravanning.

It’s really really strange , but it’s a regular occurrence.

If Jake is in fact out, we are absolutely no chance.

Wonder if anyone has done analysis for our win % when he doesn't play. Reckon it's way worse (can't remember actually winning a game without him) than when Tom doesn't play.

Our middle third will crumble Fri night, and with already weak edges, Broncos will put up a cricket score.

Yes it’s tomorrow!!!

Doesn’t always work but as regulars on here know for some strange reason , I go bush and we seem to start winning more than losing , and it’s been happening for the 8 years I’ve been caravanning.

It’s really really strange , but it’s a regular occurrence.
Mark, will miss you're inciteful comments on here....mmm sorry, I meant..insightful comments..lol. Have a nice trip, hope you can message us here and there every now and then.

If Jake is in fact out, we are absolutely no chance.

Wonder if anyone has done analysis for our win % when he doesn't play. Reckon it's way worse (can't remember actually winning a game without him) than when Tom doesn't play.

Our middle third will crumble Fri night, and with already weak edges, Broncos will put up a cricket score.
yeah, they are coming of a bad loss and they'll be wanting to atone for this in front of a sell out crowd. We need to bring our Storm game and then some, first 15min will tell the tale.

yeah, they are coming of a bad loss and they'll be wanting to atone for this in front of a sell out crowd. We need to bring our Storm game and then some, first 15min will tell the tale.
The only issue is that like the Storm game, the very rare occasions our team played tough and high intensity, Jake was always leading the way. Tbh, I don't think our forwards are even capable of reaching this level without Jake's presence, not to mention the actual workload that needs to be compensated for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8