Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
6 Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I’m not watching another game this weekend.
You should, there is some good footy being played without the stress of watching our boys drop the ball all night or turbo play with half a body or mind. I've watched all the games and so far we are by the far the worst team. It is daylight second. Sharks might give us a run so far

Not too surprised at the result, disappointed - yep, but surprised - no!
Manly is still a team that, if Toms not great, the teams not great.
Hoping that the opposition team has an off day, is not a great strategy for a Manly to keep relying upon.

Soebolds comments are a worry, after a shot performance he is talking them up saying it was a good second half again.as a leader you better dish out discipline or they will give you the same rubbish every week
Did Seibold actually say we had a good second half ?

Is he setting that second rate second half losing Performance as a Benchmark for the team ?

That performance by us last night was not acceptable by any great Manly Benchmark standards

So far that Seibold Good second half effort by our team was the most underwhelming by any team in the Magic round . Sadly there was absolutely nothing Magic about the Seibold coached Manly team last night

And now phins are beating sharks 24-0
So we played titans coming off biggest NRL comeback defeat

Broncos off south's flogging now sharks next week off big magic round defeat.

And next weekend will be a mothers day disaster at home.

Last edited:
I noticed that and I'm very surprised to hear that. If the Sharks don't claw their way back into this game expect next week against Manly for them to rebound.
Yer prefer they win, they just scored 2 silky tries down their left, their back in it, their attacking structure and depth especially on their left is beautiful to watch.

And now phins are beating sharks 24-0
So we played titans coming off biggest NRL comeback defeat

Broncos off south's flogging now sharks next week off big magic round defeat.

And next weekend will be a mothers day disaster at home.
Yeah, it's a crazy comp. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we put the cleaners through the Sharks, we are their boggy side especially at Brookie.

Apparently a large number of manly players were affected by flu/cold through the week. I may be clutching at straws for hope, but this may have been a contributing factor to the awful team performance.

Apparently a large number of manly players were affected by flu/cold through the week. I may be clutching at straws for hope, but this may have been a contributing factor to the awful team performance.

Wasn't that the Broncos that were affected by a flu spread through the squad?

Wasn't that the Broncos that were affected by a flu spread through the squad?
A friend reckons he heard it through a reliable Manly source. Could well be BS but not unfathomable as cold/flu is rampantly spreading at the moment.

Did Seibold actually say we had a good second half ?

Is he setting that second rate second half losing Performance as a Benchmark for the team ?

That performance by us last night was not acceptable by any great Manly Benchmark standards

So far that Seibold Good second half effort by our team was the most underwhelming by any team in the Magic round . Sadly there was absolutely nothing Magic about the Seibold coached Manly team last night
Pretty sure he said words like “we competed better in the second half”.

That’s just a poor excuse for getting humbled in the 1st half when the game was basically over.

Yeah it was an atrocious first half of footy for us, littered with errors and countless mistakes! Even the refs decisions went against us and the game was done at half time. Doubt whether we will play as bad as that again and it wasn’t a monstering in the second half. My observations as follows:
1) Now we know what Jake is all about, would have mopped up the middle.
2) Froggy looked weary and appears to be carrying an injury, can’t knock his efforts. Needs a rest.
3) Tommy Turbo needs time, and there were some positives. A couple of tries and better service will boost his confidence. Just not going his way at the moment but his skill and reading of the game will return.
4) Need to rethink the half back roles, DCE worked hard and was excellent in defence which affected his ability to take the team forward, just watched Walker pull the strings against the Storm. The Shu is still a work in progress
5) Still adjusting to life after Foran.

On a positive note, think the physical fitness/conditioning of the fellas is still up there and much improved from last season, just not clicking particularly in attack.

Keep the faith, the coaches need to earn their corn now. We have a decent squad and I’m convinced we will bounce back the Manly way. Just keep playing back the hits we had against Storm on auto play and speed up the ball movement within the backs and we can get back on track where we belong.

C,mon Manly!!

Walking off the mark has been a blight on the game for a number of years and yet is rarely discussed and plainly not even seen by the NRL as a problem. It is designed to unfairly disadvantage the defending side. Many sides deliberately and systematically use it to gain an unfair advantage.

There are some teams (coaches) who have worked out that when speedy play the ball or milking markers doesn't matter, then play the ball with your foot and don't walk off the mark.

Then, when you need a super fast the play the ball, or you see a chance to milk a marker penalty or make a break thru the middle, then that's when you do a super quick roll ball or walk off the mark. The referee in those cases will do nothing.

If like Manly you do the whole thing at snail's pace and do it all the time, the referee will ping you.

Manly needs a Money Ball type nerd who can watch over and over video of all the past few seasons NRL games and do the stats and effects on referees and decisions and what rules are applied etc and when. Then implement those into the team training and game plan.

Last edited:
nothing to see here, play on …

C2D56400-FE99-4AB2-9F97-E633B3E04D27.jpeg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4