Pre-Game Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 13
Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I prefer our bench over the last two weeks.

At their best Sips and Lodge would dominate.

Both back from injury and far from at their peak of late.

It's a more mobile bench. But to have real impact with those lighter forwards, Focus has to be all about a 10 x better line speed this week.
The best changes in our line up that we need from previous weeks is a change of Attitude

I hope Seibold can inspire and lift his troops to resiliently fight and win this Do or Die Bloodbath Battle Like Great war Leaders do

Take it away Winston ....
1715675890399.png

Cliffy's Jockstrap

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I have no pleasure saying this but I fair dinkum think We. Are. Doomed. Our two finest BWSE wingers, Talau pushed to centre - against the Brisbane backline? Lawton starting at hooker again? Another "Magic Round" ****circus.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I have no pleasure saying this but I fair dinkum think We. Are. Doomed. Our two finest BWSE wingers, Talau pushed to centre - against the Brisbane backline? Lawton starting at hooker again? Another "Magic Round" ****circus.
We definitely need better options at hooker.

It sucks that both Paulo and Vaega are needed but it's inevitable after losing Saab and Turbo

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
The best changes in our line up that we need from previous weeks is a change of Attitude

I hope Seibold can inspire and lift his troops to resiliently fight and win this Do or Die Bloodbath Battle Like Great war Leaders do

Take it away Winston ....
View attachment 27023
Ummm….yeah….he made no mention of ‘parking lots’ in that June 1940 speech.

Because you know, he was an Englishman and only half American, courtesy of his mother.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is the first game of year where I believe we are no chance and cannot see the point of even watching, other than to see how well we minimise the damage.

St George at WIN? Could not of thought in your wildest dreams we would has a hope in hell there, this year, next year, last year or ever.

This weeks is the worst 3/4 line I have seen since 2003

Scott Donald
Kevin McGuinnis
Ben MacDougall
Mitch Creary

Last edited:

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
St George at WIN? Could not of thought in your wildest dreams we would has a hope in hell there, this year, next year, last year or ever.

This weeks is the worst 3/4 line I have seen since 2003

Scott Donald
Kevin McGuinnis
Ben MacDougall
Mitch Creary
Ray Ray will get traffic his way with high balls, Garrick and Paulo defending next to each other will see plenty of Cobbo, Mann and Piakura running at them.

Hopefully the Donkeys have horrible hands and plenty of errors in their game.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Origin team picked Monday ?

Historically some of our players have pulled there game in to avoid injury for rep duties, which will make it extra hard to roll the donkeys

really big game for our season. Be interesting

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Carrying 3 middle men on the bench is difficult with the speed of the game, the Rorters have made the change also from last week where they had 3 middles on the bench.

The Sharks are the only team to have been successful this season with 3 middles on their bench each week.
That’s why I think Bully is valuable he can play SR as well but gives great mobility in the FR rotation Go Bully

manly al

First Grader
Got a notion that Manly could still shape up quite well in this one if the will and application is there and with good completions and that hard edged defence can make a return
Understandable to be a bit doubtful with the Manly outside backs but Talau has been quite reliable and showing some real ability on the wing and no reason why he can not transfer that good form level in the centres .
Garrick can hold his own if he can be on his game . Not as if Paulo and Ray Ray have not had some reasonable i st grade experience now , providing they can absorb a bit of pressure and their inside edge defence can aim up , should be O K .
Walsh is a handful for any opposition and will somehow have to restrict his effectiveness but Koula could trouble their defence as well if he can get some worthwhile opportunities . Not as if Turbo has been going that well or consistently so may even be a net gain having him at the back
Again , much will depend on how well D C E and Brooks can lift their input , Broncs missing Renolds though of course can not underestimate the ability of Mann .
Manly forward on paper at least compares quite favorably with the Broncs pack and if Hass "s involvement can also be restricted to some degree , might be able to keep Manly in the hunt .
Lawton can compete if he has his mind on the job , .Gordie should not be overawed .
Fair enough , obvious outsiders but maybe just maybe , the side can show a bit more fight for the entire game and seriously lift their overall game effort to give themselves some type of a decent shot

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Origin team picked Monday ?

Historically some of our players have pulled there game in to avoid injury for rep duties, which will make it extra hard to roll the donkeys

really big game for our season. Be interesting
No origin team gets picked next week after storm home game

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It will be interesting to compare the two fullbacks. Koala and Walsh are both lightening but I reckon our boy is a better defender and makes far fewer mistakes.

I am looking forward to seeing him at 1 also.

Haumole should be back to 100% fitness, I reckon he was playing busted the last couple of games.

Maybe we are worth a red back $3.50. Nice way to make $50.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Based on the odds it’s 54-8 Donkeys but I hope we at least have a crack.
All Great Performances defy all Odds feathered friend
We are in with a chance with a Great Fighting Performance
We will fight them from the sound of the whistle until the sound of the final siren and Prevail
Lets do this Seibold !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14