Pre-Game Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 13
Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Koula is a one of the Great Talents and will be put under great pressure on Friday night
The Broncos will Bomb Manly more heavily than The Japs Bombed Pearl Harbour

If we can Sustain the Bronco Barrage
We Will be Successful and live up to our Legendary Clubs Great Resilient Winning Standards
1715739859437.png

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It will be interesting to compare the two fullbacks. Koala and Walsh are both lightening but I reckon our boy is a better defender and makes far fewer mistakes.
Agree, it was nice to see koula in space from fullback last season and look forward to it again. i havnt seen a lot of ball play from koula which most fullbacks provide now

not saying he hasnt, just curious if you or anyone has noticed much.

eagleron

Bencher
Yeah, once Lodge and Sips come on I have an anxiety attack. It's like all of Paseka and Aloia's good work has all been undone within a couple of sets.
It's unfortunate really because Sips showed so much promise last year, I really expected him to come on in leaps and bounds this season but he's been crap to put it kindly, I just don't get it

eagleron

Bencher
Koula is a one of the Great Talents and will be put under great pressure on Friday night
The Broncos will Bomb Manly more heavily than The Japs Bombed Pearl Harbour

If we can Sustain the Bronco Barrage
We Will be Successful and live up to our Legendary Clubs Great Resilient Winning Standards
View attachment 27031
Sadly Bozo those winning standards no longer seem to exist

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
It's unfortunate really because Sips showed so much promise last year, I really expected him to come on in leaps and bounds this season but he's been crap to put it kindly, I just don't get it
I think it's injury, mate. I don't think he's been quite right since coming back into the team. And Lodge hasn't been much better.

My big fear is that Payne Haas is better than our whole forward pack on his own. Unless we get big games from Paseka and the Big O, we will be in a world of trouble.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think it's injury, mate. I don't think he's been quite right since coming back into the team. And Lodge hasn't been much better.

My big fear is that Payne Haas is better than our whole forward pack on his own. Unless we get big games from Paseka and the Big O, we will be in a world of trouble.
I like our bench for this game, much better mobility.
By rights Lodge continues to improve with each outing.
And time for Gordie to show why the club has rated him so highly, and prove he's not just a cute novelty act. I'm backing him to play well.

eagleron

Bencher

That certainly makes sense with respect to Sips because he's been beyond terrible, you'd have thought the medical staff would have been aware and held him back, it's hardly a bonus for the team to select a player who's obviously struggling

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I dont think on field injuries were our down fall but only our on field attitude was mate

But speaking of Injuries
Some Manly Players like Watmough had the DNA capability to play above their pain threshold and their injury restrictions
Watmoughs Manly on field Heroic stories that I have heard were Phenomenal

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I don't know that I can watch I'm concerned it will get real ugly.
It is only going to get ugly if we Bend Over
If we dont Bend over we wont get screwed

Some one needs to get the players focused on the Integrity of their Character

Ryan

Journey Man
It is only going to get ugly if we Bend Over
If we dont Bend over we wont get screwed

Some one needs to get the players focused on the Integrity of their Character

Not only can we not even stop being bent over, The Broncos are going in dry. They are the polar opposite of us, and it'll show. Anyways, Siebold is a 40 odd percent winning quality coach, so this will put us right in his sweet spot - of mediocrity.

I detest quitting, but I honestly wish we could just forfeit this game to avoid injuries.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not only can we not even stop being bent over, The Broncos are going in dry. They are the polar opposite of us, and it'll show. Anyways, Siebold is a 40 odd percent winning quality coach, so this will put us right in his sweet spot - of mediocrity.
Bend Over Business Man GIF by CompanyCam

Eagle 1

First Grader
Yeah, I agree Ron , he came back from that injury he picked up early in the season, well, just missing his old self and hasn't been able to find that form that we all know him for. Needs to prove himself with BWS before 1st grade selection for mine.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
I like our bench for this game, much better mobility.
By rights Lodge continues to improve with each outing.
And time for Gordie to show why the club has rated him so highly, and prove he's not just a cute novelty act. I'm backing him to play well.
I thought Gordie made a huge difference when he came on last week. Totally different player to Croker and Karl Lawton. He got our middles rolling forward much faster and over the advantage line each time. He has a great knack of taking a quick 1-2 metre run from dummy half and not only putting the defence in two minds but also allowing our guys that extra time and metres to gain full pace before getting the ball. Not seen that from our dummy halves this year. Unfortunately he got injured after only 5 minutes and got carted off. Hopefully more game time this Friday. I think Gordie is a goodie for us!!!

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The frustrating thing about us is who knows what will happen. I am not saying we will win but have the potential to keep it far closer than expected but I have given up trying to work out which team of ours will turn out each week
The big concern is the huge gap in quality between the two backlines. We can only win this match if our forwards absolutely monster the Broncos forwards.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The big concern is the huge gap in quality between the two backlines. We can only win this match if our forwards absolutely monster the Broncos forwards.
Yes for the first time in a while our backline looks pretty average.

Veaga & Paulo, I’d expect tons of traffic their way.

Rafferty

Mug punter
I am looking forward to seeing him at 1 also.

Haumole should be back to 100% fitness, I reckon he was playing busted the last couple of games.

Maybe we are worth a red back $3.50. Nice way to make $50.
So the warriors didn’t deter you, pretty sure I won’t be taking the odds, however should you temp fate, I really want you to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14