Post-Game Discussion Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
12 Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
So this will get blow back from plenty, but the thing is, we aren't far away from being quite a good side.

Our issue is not that we are 'soft', 'pathetic' or sh*t' it is that we lack concentration/intensity to compete for the full 80 and our footy IQ is pretty poor to be honest.

Garrick kicking on the second tackle after a break, the team not sprinting to the scrum with 3-4 min left, going effectively 3 hitups in the last 30 seconds....we just arent savvy.

This is a mentality problem....which is ironic considering all the Manly Mentality propaganda.

Season is not over, we will at worst be 1 point out of the 8 after this week but we need a hardened edge to this team, our current mental state is not getting it done.

It is all just incredibly frustrating.
Those issues you described can be summed up in three words; soft, pathetic and (you guessed it) sh1t!

madmax

Bencher
One player made the difference Cobbo. Take him out of this game and we won comfortably.

But frustrating. Koula looked gassed and nowhere near involved enough around the ruck, but I dare say his shoulder is screwed.

It was better than I expected, but not good enough. We miss Saab. His speed and height. Paulo offers zero.

Ray had a good game. Surely he gets first nod over Paulo.

Again though, we can't beat a depleted team .
And we weren’t depleted?

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
The sucky thing is that if Garrick had passed to DCE, Koula hadn't dropped the ball cold, or Koula has kept his footing when he won the first bomb catch on attack, we'd all be celebrating a gutsy win right now.
Yeah and if we were a good team we’d have won the last 3 very winnable games and be sittting pretty in the top 4. But…we’re not…and we didn’t and we’re out of the 8.

Hotspur2014

Reserve Grader
Burbo and Paulo not first grade material.
We defended better, but DCE didn’t grab that game and with the amount of ball we had in the second half could have won it.
Add the 2 points for bye soon and we may get back into top 8 🤣🤣 ! ( Even though I hate this fkcn NRL administration of the ladder 😡)

Hertera

Reserve Grader
Season is not over, we will at worst be 1 point out of the 8 after this week but we need a hardened edge to this team, our current mental state is not getting it done.

1 point out of the 8 but be real we have been missing a hard edge for a decade to delude ourselves that this squad is going to turn it around is unrealistic.

We are an average soft footy team with some high profile players who rarely deliver for us on the nig stage or are injured.

Sure we could make the 8 but let's be real it was a slight improvement tonight but the broncs were in cruise control.

I have zero faith in the squad, the captain, the coach and most importantly the owner.

Sad times to be a fan as I see very little hope in the near future.

Take the raiders they are blooding young players we have loaded our team with I consider list cloggers from other clubs why would we sign Brooks, Paulo, Talau, Lodge, Brown we have to look to the future as this squad is not taking us anywhere.

Continually signing discarded players from other clubs instead of young players on the way up is the way to go.

Raid other clubs for young players on the way up rather than old duds on the way down or even worse old players that have never been any good.

Ryan

Journey Man
We are sh$t and tonight proves that again.

You and I come from a place where the club had standards and pride in performance mate. As we slide into our standard 12th-13th place after this weekend, not even being able to win just half our games, we just have to come to expect and understand people will praise & celebrate anything now.

How anyone can say that was anything but deplorable, lazy, shambolic effort against literally a QLD Cup side, is beyond me. I give up.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
One rule for them I guess but after the Aloia debacle I can understand our blokes being a bit gunshy
Yeah, like every knee-jerk NRL "crackdown", the whole "You can't touch the kicker's legs" thing seems to have come to an end now.

But really, what was Cherry doing trying to kick a field goal from there? We were probably buggered regardless, but there had to be a better option than that.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15