Post-Game Discussion Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
12 Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Take the raiders they are blooding young players we have loaded our team with I consider list cloggers from other clubs why would we sign Brooks, Paulo, Talau, Lodge, Brown we have to look to the future as this squad is not taking us anywhere.

This I can agree with.

Over the last few years I've been banging on about chasing the Deine Mariners, Kayal Iro, Peter Manazoulosn Nafau Wyhte's etc etc

Invest in talent on the rise, not talent on the wane

Ryan

Journey Man
You can be unhappy with us without insulting them.

Mam is an exceptional talent, if not for a certain N Cleary he'dhave won a Clive Churchill last year. Cobbo is a SOO regular and Madden is certainly first grade material.

Smoothey sure I'll give you that but Walters is hardly some big out.

I spoke about the team, I haven't and didn't insult one player or coach. You're nit picking to put a positive spin on a 40 something percent winning team who will end the round 12th - 13th. A team who came out sluggish. A team who gave literally zero effort and commitment. A team who's coach said they were proud of them. A team who's players were mostly all laughing with the opposition post game.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
How anyone can say that was anything but deplorable, lazy, shambolic effort against literally a QLD Cup side, is beyond me. I give up.
I share your disappointment, mate, but that was not "literally a QLD Cup side". Cobbo is a State of Origin and Australian rep. Ditto Haas and Carrigan. And Staggs. Corey Oates has played Origin. Mam, Mariner and Nikki are rising stars. Yes, they had some outs, but so did we.

Damien2812

Bencher
You and I come from a place where the club had standards and pride in performance mate. As we slide into our standard 12th-13th place after this weekend, not even being able to win just half our games, we just have to come to expect and understand people will praise & celebrate anything now.

How anyone can say that was anything but deplorable, lazy, shambolic effort against literally a QLD Cup side, is beyond me. I give up.
The club did have pride and standards 10 years ago and since that time it's been pathetic. Tonight was diabolical like you said "a QLD cup side". But does this loss surprise you? We did manage to lose against the Raiders at home..🤭

Ryan

Journey Man
Great so we don’t have to listen to your moaning until next year!
Have you seen our signings tracker? This **** ain't getting any better. We don't have light at the end of the tunnel. You'll be both hearing it, and it will also be warranted.

Surely you don't expect praise and celebration?

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Great so we don’t have to listen to your moaning until next year!
Actually I was hoping that goodbye was for you. But sadly for you, you will need to hear me moaning - so long as we put in piss poor performances like that.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Had Paseka not been offside and given 10 we would have won that Ryan
Thought the ponies absolutely murdered the ruck today and carrot top let it go, especially when defending their own end. Someone else said that game at brookie we win. Plenty of misery guts here but this comp is really close. Anybody can win on the day. I like Koula at fb has the acceleration and explosiveness to create opportunities that let’s be honest Tom hadn’t been. Talia’s space and dominance over Staggs was evidence of that. Not pretty and from here we now need to start winning these close ones.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I spoke about the team, I haven't and didn't insult one player or coach. You're nit picking to put a positive spin on a 40 something percent winning team who will end the round 12th - 13th. A team who came out sluggish. A team who gave literally zero effort and commitment. A team who's coach said they were proud of them. A team who's players were mostly all laughing with the opposition post game.
Your literally said

Well played Clydesdale's. Really showed us up. Way more effort and energy. Literal no name halves.

Calling the Broncos team the Clysdales and Mam and Madden "literal no names" sure seems insulting to me.

In terms of positive spin, I'm talking Broncos here, not Manly

The Who

Journey Man
Tonight's effort was praiseworthy so we all should be proud of the effort. We were the better team. It was unfortunate that the ref, who had a good match, gave the Broncos an undeserved penalty that gifted them field position for the winning field goal.
I'm much more upbeat about our team after tonight. I think Koala should retain the fullback position and Turbo comes back as a centre. Brown's energy will also help.
If we can remain mid-table by the time Turbo returns we'll be worthy participants in the finals series.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Everyone had been saying how rubbish Turbo was, I presumed he wasn't considered a loss
TBF, Koula showed more promise at FB tonight than Turbo has this season. He played with 100% commitment and intensity, which Turbo hasn’t. Yes, Turbo has certain skill sets that are elite, but we all know he has been playing well within himself. That sort of nursing doesn’t inspire teams. Opposition teams still mark him up which produces opportunities elsewhere. Koula doesn’t have that sort of rep yet. I see future opportunity with Koula at the back. Much like Jake, I see Turbo on a downward trajectory.

madmax

Bencher
Actually I was hoping that goodbye was for you. But sadly for you, you will need to hear me moaning - so long as we put in piss poor performances like that.
Yeah sadly we will have to put up with your girlish attitude mate! Go to bed sweetie & we’ll hear from you soon!

Ryan

Journey Man
Your literally said

Calling the Broncos team the Clysdales and Mam and Madden "literal no names" sure seems insulting to me.

In terms of positive spin, I'm talking Broncos here, not Manly

Oh, insulting to THEM, not them (as in US). Sorry, my misunderstanding.

But separate to that - **** em, they are The Broncos, bunch of posers. I have been vehemently against them since the Hunt / Boyd / Thaiday crap. Violence against women in any fashion is an unforgivable situation to me, and that's a fair whack of their players at the time.

Ryan

Journey Man
Tonight's effort was praiseworthy so we all should be proud of the effort. We were the better team. It was unfortunate that the ref, who had a good match, gave the Broncos an undeserved penalty that gifted them field position for the winning field goal.
I'm much more upbeat about our team after tonight. I think Koala should retain the fullback position and Turbo comes back as a centre. Brown's energy will also help.
If we can remain mid-table by the time Turbo returns we'll be worthy participants in the finals series.

Mate, I totally respect your opinion, and mindset here. As others who've stated the similar type of thing.

I just disagree. After getting pumped for consecutive weeks (i.e. rolled over in the latter stages of matches), I expected explosion and intensity. The type guys like Kite, Ballin, Lyon, Gift, Snake could bring when their were getting their pants pulled down in concurrent weeks.

I'm not sure how many times the commentators stated we needed to make much more effort, and that we weren't up for it. I guess I just saw the same thing as them.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
@Disco

Who's their starting halfback ? You tell me? Who's their starting hooker ? Who's their starting fullback?

If you honestly polish this turd performance, I can't tell you what that honestly says about our standards as a fanbase.

I love that modern times have created the term, "toxic positivity" because that suits so many when it comes to Manly.

We played slow, lazy, uncommitted, overweight, sluggish football.
Thought the middle wasn’t the issue. Our game management and inability to attack there more was. Just bloody sideways all night like touch footy. Clearly the better team tonight. Lack smarts and polish to get the W. Oh well on to Melb at brookie next week. Thank f$&@ that’s the last hone game we sell to Brisbane, and I bloody love here!

The Indian

Bencher
The milking is out of control, a few times in that Raiders/Dogs game I was pulling my hair out
Absolutely. If Daly stays down after that field goal n the dying seconds it's probably a penalty where the ball lands ( 10m from the posts).

Hats off to Dean Mariner who milked it expertly... same as Elliott Whitehead for the Raiders tonight...and Sean Johnson for the Warrriors against us.... and Tom last week against the Dolphins

That's the NRL these days....no use complaining about it. Start doing it.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
You can be unhappy with us without insulting them.

Mam is an exceptional talent, if not for a certain N Cleary he'dhave won a Clive Churchill last year. Cobbo is a SOO regular and Madden is certainly first grade material.

Smoothey sure I'll give you that but Walters is hardly some big out.
Plenty of sound judges up here feel Smoothey is clearly the better 9 mate. #coachesson

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15