MANLY v BULLDOGS Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, I'm still gutted too by the result, but not by the players' efforts.
We have been very unlucky in all our five losses, and draw, this season. I just have the feeling that karma may come our way come finals time, and we get the lucky penalties/decisions/bounces.
We have the team to win this comp. The Dogs were full strength last night; they won't improve. We have players returning.

Seriously , Henry Perenara and Ashley Klein must have been watching grainy black and white replays of the Reynolds 'try' on a 25 year old TV with a cracked screen wearing non prescription glasses found in the lost property bin at the back of the grandstand, the lenses of which had been painted black . Henry and Ashley Magoo. Can we organize a Braille version of the red and green video buttons ?

globaleagle said:
I'M STILL ANGRY!
Me too. Had to refrain myself from unleashing my inner Matai at the shops.

driftout said:
Can we organize a Braille version of the red and green video buttons ?
What about a seeing eye dog to push the buttons. Then we can all whinge about paw decisions.:D

It's not a good look to see Henry Perenara discussing his Dream Team selections on his twitter account. Just google Henry Perenara twitter.

Im over it. But I generally move on quickly too mich other stuff to be worried about

driftout said:
It's not a good look to see Henry Perenara discussing his Dream Team selections on his twitter account. Just google Henry Perenara twitter.

Does he have Josh Reynolds in his SC team ?

Dan said:
Im over it. But I generally move on quickly too mich other stuff to be worried about

If you focus, you too can be outraged to the equal or better than your average Silvertails poster. Apply yourself.

^ Agreed. New day for me and I'm still angry. Unbelievable theft of two points by reynolds and hayne. He should be barred from reffing our games and be in reserves next week. But nooooooooooooooo.

Jatz Crackers said:
Dan said:

If you focus, you too can be outraged to the equal or better than your average Silvertails poster. Apply yourself.
Lol.^ Being a sensible, well-balanced human being is overrated when it comes to Manly supporting. Maintain the rage! Mine goes back to 1997 when MacDougall stepped on Toovey's head. He is not forgiven. And as for you Mick Crocker, you and I have serious business to attend to regarding Brett Stewart in the '07 Grand Final.
Matt Cecchin, 2009, titans game. Not happy pink boy!
Go Manly!:p

now that i have calmed down , i do not want to watch the game again .

first try came from the drop ball on our 2nd tackle

but i just cant remember how scumdogs reached our red zone for tries 2 & 3.

was it penalties , because i dont remember them making any long distance breaks ???

i may be too biased , but the 2nd try it looked to me that Barba may have pushed foran in the air and that was enough to make him drop the ball...

( saying that , arsey try )....

do you think they won the forwards battle in the 1st half ????

scumdog supporters have come alive again , i hope they fail miserably , losing the GF last year was great....

Barba did indeed push Foran when he was contesting the bomb...when they were showing the replay I thought it would be disallowed. The only trouble was that Matai collided with Foran at the same time so there was an excuse for the video referees to rule a try.

On another note Jorge Taufua put a shoulder charge on a Bulldog player in the lead up to Barba's 2nd try. I predict that this will be totally ignored by the Match Review Committee solely due to the fact that Manly has already been right royally screwed by the officiating in this match.

driftout said:
Barba did indeed push Foran when he was contesting the bomb...when they were showing the replay I thought it would be disallowed. The only trouble was that Matai collided with Foran at the same time so there was an excuse for the video referees to rule a try.

On another note Jorge Taufua put a shoulder charge on a Bulldog player in the lead up to Barba's 2nd try. I predict that this will be totally ignored by the Match Review Committee solely due to the fact that Manly has already been right royally screwed by the officiating in this match.

thanks mate , i was so annoyed at the time i wasnt paying attention to the lead up play...

do u remember how they got in our red zone for their 3rd ??

In the lead up to the Pritchard try Lawrence got penalised for allegedly bringing his forearm into contact with Jackson's head when Jackson was lying on the ground. It was on the blind side of the camera , but it looked like he was just leaning on his head.

Manly also got penalised for inside the 10 metres in the lead up to Barba's 1st try , but Lyon was rightly upset because Ennis had pulled Glenn Stewart off the tackled player to get a quicker play the ball and therefore had interfered with the ruck. The referee replied that he had already adjudicated on that.

On another note Inu should be cited for a grapple tackle on Horo around the 15 minute as well (he was penalised for it, then feigned injury in the tackle to take attention away from the grapple).

driftout said:
In the lead up to the Pritchard try Lawrence got penalised for allegedly bringing his forearm into contact with Jackson's head when Jackson was lying on the ground. It was on the blind side of the camera , but it looked like he was just leaning on his head.

Manly also got penalised for inside the 10 metres in the lead up to Barba's 1st try , but Lyon was rightly upset because Ennis had pulled Glenn Stewart off the tackled player to get a quicker play the ball and therefore had interfered with the ruck. The referee replied that he had already adjudicated on that.

On another note Inu should be cited for a grapple tackle on Horo around the 15 minute as well (he was penalised for it, then feigned injury in the tackle to take attention away from the grapple).
thanks mate

so tries 2 & 3 came from the help of penalties to get into striking distance....

these penalties are really doing a number on us

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7