MANLY v BULLDOGS Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We had 4 big name players out and with a bit of luck we could have beaten the full strength dog side .

2 wins in our last 7 games. Says a lot to me to be honest. That's almost NRL's worst record in the past two months.

So what will Daniel Anderson do about it.....nothing. Trott out the same bull**** lines defending the indefensible.

lsz said:
I stand corrected

A question - if the ball is partially on the line is it considered in or out ?

ANY part of the sideline is out, ANY part of the goal line is in goal, ANY part of the dead ball line is out/dead.

So, ball touches ANY line, it's basically no longer in the "field". It's either in goal, or out of play.

I get that people are upset. I'm gutted too. We got some absolutely dud calls go against us.

But we need to take a long hard look at OURSELVES. That's the only thing we have control over.

You can paint in anyway you like but we weren't the better side. And that's what worries me more than the pinkies. Even with 60% possession, we couldn't win.

I hope for our sakes Tooves isn't going on about the refs privately. He should be trying to correct what's in his control.

Hopefully Snake is back for the Rorters game.

Ryan said:
2 wins in our last 7 games. Says a lot to me to be honest. That's almost NRL's worst record in the past two months.

I agree, I don't know how we've been in the top four for so long.
That's about to change the Dog's will overtake us in a few weeks as they haven't had a bye yet. Maybe the Titans too.

voicefromthehill said:
driftout said:
Absolutely mind boggling action by Glenn Stewart to give Reynolds a chance to dive. Insane decision to give Reynolds a try as the ball was still short of the line when picked up by Manly after rolling forward. Video refs will be sacked after that decision. Tom Symonds should have had a lot more game time.

Oh FFS Glenn did nothing wrong, he did not lift - Reynolds did a ducking triple backflip with a pike all on his own - Cirque du Solei are on the phone to his manager as we speak

I disagree...he gave Hayne the chance to decide the match by grabbing a player's leg (whose momentum had already been stopped by Ballin) then lifting it unnecessarily . This was a total lack of discipline from a senior player who should know better .

I will put it out there has Glenn hit his peak?
Is he honestly holding back creativity and not the same play over and over again gifty to Lyon or vice versa it like watching no disrespect but Clyde and sticky at the bulldogs past there best.
Our most potent side is foz edge to toovey read this start symonds on foz side it is not rocket science, I am getting sick watching the slow motion of gifty **** the penalty his attack is a shambles get him off.

winnyason said:
I will put it out there has Glenn hit his peak?
Is he honestly holding back creativity and not the same play over and over again gifty to Lyon or vice versa it like watching no disrespect but Clyde and sticky at the bulldogs past there best.
Our most potent side is foz edge to toovey read this start symonds on foz side it is not rocket science, I am getting sick watching the slow motion of gifty f**k the penalty his attack is a shambles get him off.

Harsh call - coming back from injury and getting better every game. Not back to peek performance but give him some time and games under his belt.

He played tighter and more direct today than in any appearance this year but when he drifted wide unfortunately he appeared cumbersome. Manly looked much better earlier in the year with Symonds running off short passes on the right edge and Horo positioned on the left. Apart from Buhrer's offload ,the attack close to the line was slow and predictable and the short kicking game was atrocious. If you can't win with 62 per cent possesssion then you've got some problems with your attack .

driftout said:
I disagree...he gave Hayne the chance to decide the match by grabbing a player's leg (whose momentum had already been stopped by Ballin) then lifting it unnecessarily . This was a total lack of discipline from a senior player who should know better .

I disagree...Gift was obliged to complete the tackle. As is every defender whilst the ball carrier has the oportunity to promote their teams position. In this particular case the tackle had not been completed and Gift assisted in doing so. Unless Hayne had called held (which I cannot hear in the transmission & IMO would have been too quick at that time anyway) then it wasnt a case of ill discipline at all.

I have to agree that the loss can't be blamed on the refs. We let in some soft tries, our attack in the first half was dismal and our discipline in key moments of the game is not at 1st grade standard. Sure we may have been able to win if those calls went our way but do you really think we would have deserved the win?? Now comes the part that people will not like, Gift needs to go back to reserve grade to gain some confidence and Symonds needs to start, we also need Snake back ASAP.

BOZO said:
We had 4 big name players out and with a bit of luck we could have beaten the full strength dog side .

With all due respect, I think that Brett Stewart only can be considered a 'big name' loss. Why not throw Chee KAm in there and day 5!

Moops said:
BOZO said:

With all due respect, I think that Brett Stewart only can be considered a 'big name' loss. Why not throw Chee KAm in there and day 5!

King has played Origin and Galuvao internationals and won a Dally M for 2nd Rower so probably fair to say they are biggish names, not star level like Stewart though. Fa'aoso plenty of experience too

The bigger thing is losing them from the same position really

Moops said:
BOZO said:

Mate . King, Galuvao and Fa'aoso are all rep Players with grand final match experience .

Ryan said:

Don't forget a draw as well. Probably also worth noting that unlike every other NRL side, we have played the other top 4 sides during that time and three significantly improving form sides (2 of who are top 8). Could probably add that two losses were by just 2 points.

Just trying to get a bit of balance, hate for anyone to think you had an agenda.

Our form hasn't been great though, will admit that. No coincidence that our attack dropped off when we lost 3 quality front rowers. Tough to compete and have a slick attack when you are struggling to win the battle uo the middle. It's errors and ill discipline that is putting scoreboard pressure on us too. There's enough ability in this side at full strength to win this thing.

It was a game played between 2 average teams who aren't in the class of the top 3 teams AT THIS POINT in the season. In saying that we've seen teams over the years who have been virtually down and out at the bottom of the table come through the second half of the season and play in grand finals. I'm only prepared to write off Parra at this stage of the season.
Disclaimer:
Anything I post during Manly games on here should be ignored on the grounds of massive emotional,psychological and alcohol related decisions in the heat of battle. :p

Just diverging. I noticed that the U20s team came within a whisker of defeating the powerful Dogs U20 team. Looks like Gutherson and Trbojevic had their usual top games but looks also like young Jamil Hopoate decided to show his talent for the first time this year. Also the centre...cant recall his name... starts with S, did some good work. Most encouraging even if they lost. A big improvement.

We need changes to get out of our slump. c'mon 2v, pull yer finger out.

I'M STILL ANGRY!

And if you're not...then you're not a 'true' supporter!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8