MANLY v BULLDOGS Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Jethro said:
There has been an official complaint lodged as some idiot in the crowd supposedly lobbed full cans of beer at the referees when they were about to enter the tunnel when walking off the field

Didn't know MickQLD was at the game!

Now that was a total joke........clearly Reynolds jumped........!

I am totally disgusted......! NRL have reached a new low and we were robbed as a result.

That should never have been a penalty.

I am ropable.........!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Jethro said:
There has been an official complaint lodged as some idiot in the crowd supposedly lobbed full cans of beer at the referees when they were about to enter the tunnel when walking off the field

hopefully it connected to knock them out of their stupidity

winnyason said:
The impact down foz edge stood out when Tom symonds was on.
Idiot should had hit merkin in the head.

How good were we going with Tom before Gift came back?

Wow

At the time I didn't think too much wrong with the call, but have just watched it again twice

Glenn has done nothing more than lift the leg off the ground, like you see every tackle when they put a man on the ground, Reynolds has then leaned into Ballin and jumped off his right leg, no force at all from Stewart or Ballin, they are just holding him

Foran should not have run in, but at the time te whistle blew for backchat, all he has said was "He jumped, that's the" then as the ref blows the whistle he says worst.

In fairness to the refs, naked eye live time I can understand how they made the tackle call, but surely with the different rules in GP 4 words shouldn't cost the vital 10m

COMMANDER said:
Jethro said:

Didn't know MickQLD was at the game!

LMAO No but there has been an official complaint in my household about the level of swearing at the TV. Ohh and i did throw a can of beer at the tv as well. :rolleyes:

voicefromthehill said:
driftout said:
Absolutely mind boggling action by Glenn Stewart to give Reynolds a chance to dive. Insane decision to give Reynolds a try as the ball was still short of the line when picked up by Manly after rolling forward. Video refs will be sacked after that decision. Tom Symonds should have had a lot more game time.

Oh FFS Glenn did nothing wrong, he did not lift - Reynolds did a ducking triple backflip with a pike all on his own - Cirque du Solei are on the phone to his manager as we speak

I am still dumbfounded that he got away with it...I don't blame foran for back chatting one bit, that call was worse than the short of the line try.
Josh Reynold's you are scum.:mad:

anyone who doesn't think Reynolds jump needs their eyes checked. Fair dinkum, Gift had his leg, fine, but he didn't lift and would never had expected in his wildest dream that Reynolds would put that performance on. At least Inglis had one leg lifted and threw the other up in the air, Reynolds just blatantly jumped.

As for manly shouldn't have won because of the first 20 minutes, well Dogs shouldn't have won for their last 20 minutes. It has always been an 80 minute game as far as i can remember.

COMMANDER said:
winnyason said:
The impact down foz edge stood out when Tom symonds was on.
Idiot should had hit merkin in the head.

How good were we going with Tom before Gift came back?

Gifty should prove his form in NSW Cup. His clogging up of the attack, his lack of discipline is not NRL 2013 standard.
He's supposed to be very experienced. He always has these brain snaps at crucial times. We just cant afford him.

Faoso will be back soon, the team selected to play at the beginning of the year should be reinstated.

But it isn't just his fault, they all looked tired and distinterested in the first half.

mickqld said:
Eagleheart said:
We did not lose that game we were robbed....!

We lost it at 18- nil.

I agree with that. But I do not agree with the first penalty against Glenn for not being square - if you are pulled out of position by the opposition it is wrong to then be penalised. The rot set in from there

Mal Cochrane said:
anyone who doesn't think Reynolds jump needs their eyes checked. Fair dinkum, Gift had his leg, fine, but he didn't lift and would never had expected in his wildest dream that Reynolds would put that performance on. At least Inglis had one leg lifted and threw the other up in the air, Reynolds just blatantly jumped.

As for manly shouldn't have won because of the first 20 minutes, well Dogs shouldn't have won for their last 20 minutes. It has always been an 80 minute game as far as i can remember.
We came up well short in the first half. That's why we lost. Dodgy calls and penalties aside they happen all the time. You don't put in you don't take out. Toovey needs to motivate these guys a bit more from the start. Playing hell for leather at the death when you are behind doesn't cut it.

Moops said:
When are you guys gonna stop whining about the refs and start pointing fingers at the team's actual performances? Seriously, the ref blame game is getting boring! There are none so blind...

Tell me the last time a referee blew a penalty in golden point. Go back and tell us what game it was and when. So why did it happen tonight?
You are just as bad you are whinging about whinging

I know they played crap in the early stages of the first half but I was very impressed with the way they fought back and NEVER gave up in the game.This is a very competitive team.I am very disappointed in the way the game finished and they did not deserve to lose like that. Go Manly.

mickqld said:
Eagleheart said:
We did not lose that game we were robbed....!

We lost it at 18- nil.

Sorry I do not agree with you mickqld, the game did not stop at 18-nil...!

At full time the score was 30-30.

And an utterly disgusting ref call in extra time, gave two competition points on a silver platter to the dog poohs......! :mad:

Moops said:
When are you guys gonna stop whining about the refs and start pointing fingers at the team's actual performances? Seriously, the ref blame game is getting boring! There are none so blind...

I agree, the game was lost at the 24 min mark. And we did get our fair share of dodgy calls.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10