Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 24, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where is the intensity and passion? No kick pressure. No support play. Lethargic play the balls. Deplorable defense. Wright / Kelly being targeted in defense.

I thought our boys were going to come out with a point to prove.

The club needs to settle this Trent Barrett situation and resign him already. It was when he was linked to The Dogs 7 weeks ago we went to water. Let the players know where the club stands.

I'm really at a loss. Right when I needed wins for my own health, we keep getting belted.

Can't SOMETHING go right for me? Please God.

I think what we're looking at is a rookie coach who's never found himself in this position before. Last year he had all the excuses in the world: five day turnarounds, new cattle, injuries galore.
This year he had the team humming so it's not player ability.
Around about the time I heard him say in an interview that he'll 'come up with any reason each week to get them up because it's such a long competition', our form began to drop.
Then, what do we hear Tapau say this week? It's a long competition and hard to get up every week.
You will NEVER hear this out of the Melbourne Storm or Broncos or even Parra Bloody Matter.
To me, this is the problem: a coach who is more of a friend and struggles with motivation.

We all know Wright and Kelly won't be in the first string side next year.

I bloody hope not.

I'm not saying they've been terrible all year. But their not grand final winning players.

Would love to see Dylan walker play a structured game instead of running all over the ground going nowhere.Only cliffy could do that convincingly.Would love to see our second rowers running the ball up harder.

Amazes me how rarely DCE gets criticised here. Has anyone sited him? Has he taken on the line once? Has he done anything other than his standard inside pass to a lumbering forward. Some sets he hasn't touched the ball. His attitude is 100 percent flat. The guy ain't a leader. Two really average teams

Doesn't look good but wind behind Manly in the second half , 4-1 down in the penalties so hopefully we can get some penalties. Don't give up yet.

The players are either playing with no passion and talk not moving up in defense or just coached really bad as they are all doing the same on both sides of the field, just ball watching and sliding and letting the opposition move the ball past them with ease

Where is the intensity and passion? No kick pressure. No support play. Lethargic play the balls. Deplorable defense. Wright / Kelly being targeted in defense.

I thought our boys were going to come out with a point to prove.

The club needs to settle this Trent Barrett situation and resign him already. It was when he was linked to The Dogs 7 weeks ago we went to water. Let the players know where the club stands.

I'm really at a loss. Right when I needed wins for my own health, we keep getting belted.

Can't SOMETHING go right for me? Please God.

I'm the same mate. This is the only thing I look forward to all week and we are a shamble.

Well I'm kind of in shock. I know this game's not over but there is no teamwork. No defence. They need to wake up to turn this around.
Shocking.

We all know Wright and Kelly won't be in the first string side next year.

I bloody hope not.
Walkers D has been abysmal all year and today his cross field runs are back as well.:cool:

What's happened to Green? He totally stifled the play as he over played his hand and died with the ball :banghead:

This is hard to watch, but it ain't over yet :wait:

Have Manly forgotten that if we win this then we play in the finals . Come out flat with no intensity . Sliding backwards in defence . We are making Canterbury look like Parramatta at the moment .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8