Pre-Game Manly v Cowboys [Round 20, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

8 19
4 Pines Park
15 Jul 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Screenshot_20230711-200810.png

I reckon we need double the effort we put in vs the rosters!!! That was lacklustre at best and we were pretty lucky that they weren't skilful enough to execute and win. Don't think the cowgirls in their current form, will be as accommodating. If we can step it up I reckon we're a good chance.
On paper though, you would have to agree that the Rosters have a better rooster than Manly’s.

On paper though, you would have to agree that the Rosters have a better rooster than Manly’s.
Yep, on paper I’d agree. But they’re not playing to their potential and certainly didn’t on that occasion. Don’t get me wrong, it was a good win by us but I just think we’ll need to go to a new level of enthusiasm and commitment to match the cows. I hope we can. I’ll be there cheering them on. 👍🏻

The Cows are in a purple patch atm. Kyle Feldt played in QCup for the first time in 8 years last week coming back from injury , such is the quality of their current wingers he can’t get a gig.
I was hopping for a heap of injuries to the Cows players in the "No one cares Origin". (Nothing serious, but at least a week off) but no, bloody nothing.
Unfortunately I can’t see us winning this one. I want to of course, but Drinkwater is killing it. And in turn, that backline is lethal.

The Cows are in a purple patch atm. Kyle Feldt played in QCup for the first time in 8 years last week coming back from injury , such is the quality of their current wingers he can’t get a gig.
I was hopping for a heap of injuries to the Cows players in the "No one cares Origin". (Nothing serious, but at least a week off) but no, bloody nothing.
Unfortunately I can’t see us winning this one. I want to of course, but Drinkwater is killing it. And in turn, that backline is lethal.
Have a bit of faith Wombat, thought the Roosters game was a bit of a turning point for lots of players. Our backline fired in attack and apart from missing Manu a few times, which Manu habitually does, the defence held up well. In front of a healthy Brookie crowd on a chilly Sat evening, think we'll go alright tbh.

Really can not allow the Cows to get a roll on , line speed and very well organized and adaptable defence for Manly critical. Showed last season against them how to contain their general style of attack until the last 10 mins or so , could not cope with their spread then
Beter signs against the Roosters but line speed could have been better at times and general cover and Manly did have majority possession .
Really need a good kicking game from D C E and even Schuster to gain some field advantage
Just a bit concerned if the Manly forwards can keep the intensity up for the whole game , Bully and Matterson are lively types , Woods , along with Alioia and to a lesser extent Sipley and Tuilage , not so sure .
Just hope that from 1 to 17 for Manly , totally motivated to go for the win , wasted some opportunities previously this season to be in a better position , Obviously can not afford any more lost opportunities in a realistically winnable game .

The big thing for Manly is improving their yardage sets. Our defence against the Roosters was resilient but the Cowboys have more strike. For this reason, we cannot afford to give away field position in the same vein as our last hit out. Rucking it out for 25-30m and kicking from inside our own 40m all afternoon, is not going to cut it. Croker's inability to create, means opposition defences are compressing their line and belting our forwards (who are sitting ducks). We need to move the ball around out of yardage to mitigate the Cowboys energy and line speed.

Sadly I’m with you , and think we’ll get reamed ( which will be bloody sad ) the only hope we have is their SOO players are more tired than our SOO players and with it being away they let their guard down a little.

Slim chance though , I’m expecting it be something like 36-12

The big thing for Manly is improving their yardage sets. Our defence against the Roosters was resilient but the Cowboys have more strike. For this reason, we cannot afford to give away field position in the same vein as our last hit out. Rucking it out for 25-30m and kicking from inside our own 40m all afternoon, is not going to cut it. Croker's inability to create, means opposition defences are compressing their line and belting our forwards (who are sitting ducks). We need to move the ball around out of yardage to mitigate the Cowboys energy and line speed.
Croker played arguably his best game in the NRL against the Cowboys at Brookvale last year, only for the team to implode in the last 10 minutes and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. But yes, his service from dummy half - a lobbed up pass left or right to a one-out runner - generally kills us. Be interesting to compare his game to Reece Robson's for the Cows. Robson is an excellent dummy half, as well as being great defensively.

IF we play like we did last year for 80 mins (not 70) then we have a chance. Cold night, home game + hopefully a massive crowd.

Croker played arguably his best game in the NRL against the Cowboys at Brookvale last year, only for the team to implode in the last 10 minutes and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. But yes, his service from dummy half - a lobbed up pass left or right to a one-out runner - generally kills us. Be interesting to compare his game to Reece Robson's for the Cows. Robson is an excellent dummy half, as well as being great defensively.
Even comparing Jake Turpin's game to Croker's last week was chalk and cheese. I actually think Turpin's injury was a huge reason we got home in the end. He was killing us for half an hour and then went off HIA and the Chooks finished the game with Hutchinson at 9 lol!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10