Manly v Cowboys [Round 26 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
We have nothing to play for - the players are not allowed to be given a spit of the minor premiership as a bonus unless it is in the salary cap and we finish top 2 no matter what

But $100,000 would get you a hell of a good party.
Frankly, $100,000 is an insult. It's been this figure for years. It should be $500,000, with half going to players on a per-game basis, and this should not be counted in the salary cap.

The Cows were poor last night but still won (remind you of another team?) They'll definitely be up for this game so we'll have to match them. I think we will, and then some:)

1 Michael Morgan, 2. Kyle Feldt, 3. Tautau Moga, 4. Kane Linnett, 5. Antonio Winterstein, 6 Robert Lui, 7. Johnathan Thurston (c), 8. Matt Scott , 9 Rory Kostjasyn , 10 Ashton Sims, 11. Gavin Cooper, 12. Tariq Sims, 13 Jason Taumalolo, 14. Ray Thompson, 15. Scott Bolton, 16. Glenn Hall, 17. James Tamou

1. Brett Stewart, 2. Jorge Taufua, 3. Jamie Lyon, 4. Steve Matai, 5. Peta Hiku, 6. Kieran Foran, 7. Daly Cherry-Evans, 8. Josh Starling, 9. Matt Ballin, 10. Brenton Lawrence, 11. Anthony Watmough, 12. Justin Horo, 13. Tom Symonds, 14. Jesse Sene-Lefao, 15. Dunamis Lui, 16. James Hasson, 17. Jason King

ManlyVsCowboys.jpg

This game is a massive opportunity to firstly make a statement of intent before the finals and beat a quality team who are thirsting for revenge for some controversial moments in the recent history.

Manly need to do what the fishies did last night and play an up tempo game which had the cows in trouble.

Their go forward is their strength, we must match that. Thurston is their strength and also their weakness, he can dominate but he easily gets frustrated too. so he needs to be paid close attention.

Anyone notice how our last minute win against a top four team has been portrayed as lucky, and that we played poorly / got out of gaol?

Yet the cowboys' last second win against reserve graders from a club trying to avoid the spoon is portrayed as slick and a master class by JT?

Shoe1 said:
Anyone notice how our last minute win against a top four team has been portrayed as lucky, and that we played poorly / got out of gaol?

Yet the cowboys' last second win against reserve graders from a club trying to avoid the spoon is portrayed as slick and a master class by JT?

yup, but it happens so often I feel teflon coated towards it.

water off an eagles back.

The Who said:
Fluffy said:
We have nothing to play for - the players are not allowed to be given a spit of the minor premiership as a bonus unless it is in the salary cap and we finish top 2 no matter what

But $100,000 would get you a hell of a good party.
Frankly, $100,000 is an insult. It's been this figure for years. It should be $500,000, with half going to players on a per-game basis, and this should not be counted in the salary cap.

Couldn't agree more. When you see what someone like Wayne Rooney makes and his body doesn't cop 1% of the battering an NRL player's does.

A first round loser at Wimbledon makes $50,000. WTF.

The Wheel said:
I will be there, Cowboys Leagues Club at 5 pm I believe - look for Maroon and White

Correct Wheel, thanks.

There are quite a few people that have been in contact from various parts of the country who will be making their way to FNQ and are keen to meet others.

Friday evening - For those is town then head to the "Brewery" for happy hours (5-7) and half priced pizza.

There will be some of the advance party to be found there early evening.

Pre-game Saturday we're meeting at the Cowboys Leagues Club (just look for the group wearing Eagles gear) from 5pm.

There is a shuttle bus to and from the game that you can book from reception.

See here for details

http://www.sunbus.com.au/documents/nrl/2014-09-06%20Cowboys%20V%20Eagles.pdf

We also have a few seats left on a bus that has been chartered for a Sea Eagles travel group - cost is $20 pp return but spaces are limited and you must pre-book - email me at [email protected] for details.

The away bay at 1300 Smiles is pretty average so people are scattered around the ground (they are apparently expecting a big crowd)

The group that I've got tickets for will be based in and around Eastern Bays 312-316.

Post game we'll be heading back in to town (to celebrate a Minor Premiership hopefully!!) - probably start at the Cowboys Leagues as a meeting point and then working a plan from there.

Brissie Kid said:
How is Kane Linnett still playing after that spear tackle he put on last night?

He's been charged with carrying out a 'Grade One Dangerous Throw' which carries a penalty of 125 points (one match suspension plus 25 carryover points) if he fights it or 93 points if he takes the early guilty plea and would be free to play as he currently has no carryover points.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NewsVideo/Judiciary/tabid/10246/Default.aspx

Jethro said:
Brissie Kid said:
How is Kane Linnett still playing after that spear tackle he put on last night?

He's been charged with carrying out a 'Grade One Dangerous Throw' which carries a penalty of 125 points (one match suspension plus 25 carryover points) if he fights it or 93 points if he takes the early guilty plea and would be free to play as he currently has no carryover points.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NewsVideo/Judiciary/tabid/10246/Default.aspx
Thanks for the info Jethro. We need to play against a solid line up so we can play our selves into to good form heading into the finals

This just a whole lot more important

Now with Ballin out I feel we need to come 1st to stay clear of Easts and souths week 1 of the finals. Ballin is a huge loss and probably we can't cover for him but with the likes of Stewart, Lyon,DCE, Foran,Choc and co you can't write us yet.

I feel if we make it to the GF this year we will win it but the hardest thing this year for us is going to be getting there.

Win the next 2 weeks and we are one game away from a GF.

Our finals campaign starts on Saturday night

Even without Ballin that's a very good team we've named, am starting to like our bench, with the possible exception of Hassan.

We can go a long way with this team.

With Matty and Ferris out, I expect all teams are now going to focus on coming through our middle, especially late in each half if we have someone there who is not accustomed to the pace of NRL. Defence in the forwards is going to be key for us, and holding the ball will be more important than ever.

Pretty much the team I thought Tooves would select. With JamieB out he's gone for Horo to the 2nd Row and moved T-Red back to lock. And Kingdog back to the bench with BJ coming into the front row.

Both sides have a lot to play for on Saturday night. Tooves might have said publicly that winning the minor premiership isn't the goal of this team, but you can bet he and the boys would still love to win that particular title.

The Cows are no pushovers, particularly in FNQ. We're going to have to play like we did in the last 20 against the Riff to win this one. We can do it, we've proven it so often in the past.

Just on James Hasson.....I don't think he did that badly on Sunday after he came on. Sure he was lucky enough to score within 30 seconds of taking the field, but along with Lui and JSL, he helped straighten our attack and his defence wasn't bad either. He's a strange one though. Sometimes he shows enough to warrant his place in the side, and sometimes he plays like he should be in NSW Cup. Of course it doesn't help that he doesn't get a lot of minutes, but I'm not about to second guess Tooves because he knows more about it than I do I can assure you.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6