Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 9, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
just too many penalties at crucial times in the first 20 mins.
Surely there's a more subtle way to slow the play the ball down than an obvious hand on the ball

We may have lost by 16 but I'm proud of the effort tonight. The execution was lacking, but they showed a hell of a lot of heart.

Remember we are missing Snake, Tommy, Jorge, Ferris, Api. Put that lot in and this game could well have been different.
Lol I'd trade them all for one Greg Hartley ;)

The Ringers are a good side, but gee they get a lot of wind blown up their collective arses by these Poxtel commentators.

No mention throughout the game about forward passes from the Adulterer, Mt Morgan and David (or is it Stephen?) Lowy.

Last edited:
First time post so be gentle.

Watching this from my sofa in London town with my head in my hands.

Supported this side for 30 years. Bugger me that makes me old. But what the hell.

The new coaching staff has come in and gone hey I can see you lot were one of the best attacking sides of the past 10 years but let's try something different.

This seems like the plan

Stand shallow. No big back line sweeping plays. Run around like headless chickens. Get injured if you touch ball. Kick off so opposition catch it on the 30m line. Blah blah blah.

I know we have huge injuries. I know we lost foran. I know there had to be changes but how much is enough.

The cows are probably the best in comp but we should do better than that at home.
First time post so be gentle.

Watching this from my sofa in London town with my head in my hands.

Supported this side for 30 years. Bugger me that makes me old. But what the hell.

The new coaching staff has come in and gone hey I can see you lot were one of the best attacking sides of the past 10 years but let's try something different.

This seems like the plan

Stand shallow. No big back line sweeping plays. Run around like headless chickens. Get injured if you touch ball. Kick off so opposition catch it on the 30m line. Blah blah blah.

I know we have huge injuries. I know we lost foran. I know there had to be changes but how much is enough.

The cows are probably the best in comp but we should do better than that at home.
Lovely jubly - do what my son - knock it on the head - terry sort him out.

Too many haters on this forum. Down on troops one 40min training session. Cummins killed us with soft penalties in that first half and only had 30% possession. There still needs lots of improvement but this years side under baz is definitely improving! ! Last years side would of lost by 50.

We will make the 8. I watch most games and the cows and Broncos are wayyy ahead of every other side but Manly will compete with any other side with a full strength side and more 7 day turn arounds.

I really hope jamie goes to 5/8 and walker to centre.

We're ordinary. Very ordinary. Attack structure is a shambles. Can't believe I fell for the pre-season hype from the Penn/ Zorba propaganda machine. We'll be lucky to jag 8th spot.

This team is still trying find consistency I don't thinkwe have put the same side on the paddock yet this year when we do that this team will win more games and that includes Walker at 5/8

Too many haters on this forum. Down on troops one 40min training session. Cummins killed us with soft penalties in that first half and only had 30% possession. There still needs lots of improvement but this years side under baz is definitely improving! ! Last years side would of lost by 50.

We will make the 8. I watch most games and the cows and Broncos are wayyy ahead of every other side but Manly will compete with any other side with a full strength side and more 7 day turn arounds.

I really hope jamie goes to 5/8 and walker to centre.
I'm getting sick of people saying-they put in,they showed ticker,they only had 1 training session,it's BS.My issue isn't the players,it's the person who signed them and chooses to leave better players on the sideline.Its a results driven business remember.If the club showed more ticker and told the truth about Tooves' sacking I suspect they'd get more support or at least be more understanding but this is rubbish.I understand that some blokes haven't played together before but you don't hold each other's hand when you have to tackle.NQ are a good side but other than 2 teams they beat every yr,they have shown nothing as a team.

I think Jorge is under increasing pressure. At least I don't think he is necessarily an automatic choice on the wing for much longer.

He will probably get his spot back, but I think his future might be as an impact player off the bench.

Game tonight reminded me of watching my kids' soccer match this morning: lots of great effort, but nobody really had any idea where they were supposed to be or what they were supposed to do. At least we jagged a win at soccer…

I'm getting sick of people saying-they put in,they showed ticker,they only had 1 training session,it's BS.My issue isn't the players,it's the person who signed them and chooses to leave better players on the sideline.Its a results driven business remember.If the club showed more ticker and told the truth about Tooves' sacking I suspect they'd get more support or at least be more understanding but this is rubbish.I understand that some blokes haven't played together before but you don't hold each other's hand when you have to tackle.NQ are a good side but other than 2 teams they beat every yr,they have shown nothing as a team.
Mate, get off the drugs. What are you expecting tonight after the week they have had to smack the cows by 30? For the most part it was an arm wrestle just couldn't land that needed try in the second half to bring it back to under 2 tries.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8