Manly V Cowboys teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker link said:
I cannot understand why there is such a clamour for someone who is a hooker to play 5/8. (I could be wrong and often am - but it reeks of madness!!)
Much better to put a 2nd rower there instead.

As Dan said he has plenty to offer with the ball in hand and his defence is sound.

With Bell out and a centre pairing of Lyon & Matai why not give it a try, Beaver might even be able to run off him. 

Choc's Origin bid

Jason Avedissian

17 May 2008
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/05/17/10211_sports.html

INJURED Manly second- rower Anthony Watmough could be a shock late starter in the Sea Eagles' team tonight, reigniting his hopes of playing in this year's State of Origin series.

Watmough travelled with his mates to Gosford yesterday afternoon ahead of tonight's round-10 NRL clash with the Cowboys at Bluetongue Stadium.

The former Origin backrower has not played since Manly's round-five loss to Melbourne, when he injured ligaments in his ankle.

Watmough has been itching for his return in a bid to make a late charge for games two and three of this year's Origin series.

Manly officials were giving nothing away last night, but The Manly Daily understands Watmough could be a late inclusion.

The Sea Eagles wound up preparations for tonight's clash against the seriously weakened Cowboys with a successful open day for supporters in Gosford yesterday afternoon.

Manly veteran Steve Menzies will shift to five-eighth with Jamie Lyon starting in his preferred centre position in the absence of Steven Bell (elbow).

Meanwhile, Blues fullback Brett Stewart has conceded he has "a point to prove" when he aims to get one over Queensland counterpart Billy Slater in Wednesday night's Origin opener in Sydney.

Slater's irresistible form with the Storm this year saw him dislodge Stewart for the Australian No. 1 jumper this month. The Manly flyer is mindful of that as he prepares to play his third Origin match against the Maroons at ANZ Stadium.

"I guess there is a point to prove," Stewart said yesterday. "Obviously he's taken my Test jersey and I want to go out and play over my opposite number."

Sensational, always enjoy watching Watmough and Matai working over the left side of the field, tough night for their defenders out there

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6