Manly v Des.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regardless of where we came in season 2022, he was still contracted for 2023. The extension clause was for 2024 only & only if we made the top 6 (I believe?).

So being sacked before his contract for 2023 means he was not paid for the final year of his contract.

The club has tried to settle, offering him 6 months worth of the 12 months he was entitled to.

The club has tried to settle cheaply.

They should have just paid out his entire 2023 contract that he was entitled to.

LOL..Yep we know what will happen. A good year or two from the Titans then things will fall apart, Des sacked, court case incoming. Rinse and repeat.
Yeah and the titans will moan that their salary cap is screwed for years and Des will say, 'it's your own fault for sacking me because I had a plan and it would have all worked out fine!'

If it's a battle of Des v Penn for a place in my heart then it's no contest.
Agreed… there would be no club if it was not for Penn whereas Des has always been me, me, me…

Penn ain’t perfect (far from) but he puts his hand in his pocket for this club whereas this will be the second time Des has tried to blow Manly up as he left… f*ck Des…

Yes but.. but ... those claims make the club look worse!

As for Des, he'll stand on his record in the game and none of this stuff will have much impact on him, or how he is regarded in league or even the wider community, he's earned respect over the years. Penn hasn't. Just seems stupid for the club to think there is any benefit in agitating this crap in the media.

Oh well, maybe Penn has his influencer consultants or something, who know better than I. But it's certainly not what I want to read in a story about Manly.
Personally I want to know that the germ who is suing our club was not the white knight he portrayed but actually largely responsible for the sh*tshow that was the roosters game and that led to the the fractured playing group which lost our last 7 games on the trot…
Bring out all of Dessie’s dirty laundry imo…

This is why I believe all contracts should be on a yearly basis To prevent all this.
I like the idea but imagine the disruption to teams that were unable to hold onto their coach year-on-year…

Eg. the eels acquire Webster this year because Warriors can’t compete on salary and all-of-a-sudden everything achieved in 2023 is undone…

Clubs just need to be more clever about signing players/coaches and structure contracts more favourably… Des should not have been re-signed for Des 2.0 and then extended - you don’t invite a 🐊 to dinner…

I like the idea but imagine the disruption to teams that were unable to hold onto their coach year-on-year…

Eg. the eels acquire Webster this year because Warriors can’t compete on salary and all-of-a-sudden everything achieved in 2023 is undone…

Clubs just need to be more clever about signing players/coaches and structure contracts more favourably… Des should not have been re-signed for Des 2.0 and then extended - you don’t invite a 🐊 to dinner…
Apart from that, is there anything about Hasler that you don’t like?

Apart from that, is there anything about Hasler that you don’t like?
I hated how he left the first time and reckon there was more than enough evidence in the interim to support not bringing him back into the fold…

To me Des is like a first girlfriend that cheated on you and ended up with your best mate… personally I am not one for getting burned twice because people’s nature rarely changes…

Des strikes me as the kind of person who likes to be in control and doesn't suffer fools lightly. I can't help but wonder if maybe Penn had never bought into the club whether he would have stayed happy.

If he had, we would have been a very good chance of picking up more premierships in 2012-2014.

Des strikes me as the kind of person who likes to be in control and doesn't suffer fools lightly. I can't help but wonder if maybe Penn had never bought into the club whether he would have stayed happy.

If he had, we would have been a very good chance of picking up more premierships in 2012-2014.
If Penn was on a performance based contract he would have been sacked many years ago...

If Penn was on a performance based contract he would have been sacked many years ago...
But Jen, he and his dad poured so much of their own money into the club, after buying the LC for a song and then selling it to Chinese developers for a massive profit, a few years later.

Why are people so unkind?

There is one common denominator in all of this club's woes in the last decade or so. And it ain't Des.
1000005837.jpg

Alternatively, it can be seen as one of the potential hazards of doing business with Penn.

Look sideways at Bic or his dad Silent P and this is what you can expect.

Sport Confidential: Hasler’s multimillion-dollar Sea Eagles contract revealed​

Des Hasler’s acrimonious split with the Sea Eagles is set to be laid bare as the case is argued in the Supreme Court starting this Friday.
Brent Read and Michael Carayannis

Des Hasler’s multimillion-dollar contract with the Sea Eagles can be revealed for the first time as the ugly court battle with his former club threatens to lift the veil on how one of the most influential coaches of the modern era conducted his business.
Sport Confidential can reveal Hasler stood to receive a base salary of $720,000 in 2023 and the same amount in 2024, as well as ambassador fee and bonuses contingent on team performance.
It is understood the ambassador role was worth about $200,000 a season, with the money paid into a business that was co-owned by Hasler and his wife.
In Hasler’s first season back at the club in 2021 his base salary was $680,000 after the Sea Eagles hired the premiership winning mentor following a messy exit from Canterbury.
Elite coaches generally earn at least $1 million a season – Melbourne’s Craig Bellamy is believed to be on $1.5 million – which means Hasler’s base salary was at the lower end of the scale.
While his base salary was low, documents filed with the Supreme Court as part of his legal case against Manly reveal that an undisclosed ambassador fee was to be paid into a company he shared with his wife prior to his axing by the club.
This masthead understands that the fee was up to $200,000 a season. The two parties start their legal battle on Friday in what could reveal further intimate details of the inner-workings of Hasler and the Sea Eagles.
Manly have threatened to subpoena phone records, email and text messages from Hasler and other key stakeholders.

Des Hasler’s court case against Manly begins in the Supreme Court on Friday. Picture: James Gourley-Pool/Getty Images

Des Hasler’s court case against Manly begins in the Supreme Court on Friday. Picture: James Gourley-Pool/Getty Images

Hasler was sacked before he had the chance to begin the 2023 season after the club missed the finals.
He was entitled to a lump-sum payment of half his base pay plus ambassador fee as part of his termination but he is claiming he missed the chance to earn an extension because the club’s season fell apart after the rainbow jersey debacle.
Hasler has since landed on his feet by securing a job at the Gold Coast but he hasn’t forgotten the way things ended at Manly as his case begins in the Supreme Court on Friday.
He is expected to earn more than $1 million a season at the Titans. In documents lodged with the Supreme Court, Manly dismissed claims the rainbow jersey debacle cost Hasler the chance to lead the club to the finals, pointing out there were other issues at play.
In their response to Hasler’s claims, they say that the team was already in ninth position heading into the game against the Sydney Roosters when players sat out in protest over the jersey.

They added that the team had to win most of their games – some against teams they had lost to previously that year – to have a finals shot, had access to the seven Rainbow players for the rest of the season, and were without their star player Tom Trbojevic.
They also outline that Hasler was given the option in the days prior to the clash against the Roosters to revert back to the club’s traditional home jersey. They will claim that Hasler insisted they stick with the rainbow kit.
Manly also suggested Hasler repudiated his own contract on October 17 via a letter from his solicitor Daniel McGirr to the club.
Manly claim that as a result of that letter, they accepted his resignation and terminated the coaching contract with a letter of their own three days later.
The documents also state that Manly included five strict parameters to enable Hasler to coach in 2023.
While those details were not revealed it is understood they included the club adopting a succession plan and Hasler not controlling recruitment decisions.

Sport Confidential: Hasler’s multimillion-dollar Sea Eagles contract revealed​

Des Hasler’s acrimonious split with the Sea Eagles is set to be laid bare as the case is argued in the Supreme Court starting this Friday.
Brent Read and Michael Carayannis

Des Hasler’s multimillion-dollar contract with the Sea Eagles can be revealed for the first time as the ugly court battle with his former club threatens to lift the veil on how one of the most influential coaches of the modern era conducted his business.
Sport Confidential can reveal Hasler stood to receive a base salary of $720,000 in 2023 and the same amount in 2024, as well as ambassador fee and bonuses contingent on team performance.
It is understood the ambassador role was worth about $200,000 a season, with the money paid into a business that was co-owned by Hasler and his wife.
In Hasler’s first season back at the club in 2021 his base salary was $680,000 after the Sea Eagles hired the premiership winning mentor following a messy exit from Canterbury.
Elite coaches generally earn at least $1 million a season – Melbourne’s Craig Bellamy is believed to be on $1.5 million – which means Hasler’s base salary was at the lower end of the scale.
While his base salary was low, documents filed with the Supreme Court as part of his legal case against Manly reveal that an undisclosed ambassador fee was to be paid into a company he shared with his wife prior to his axing by the club.
This masthead understands that the fee was up to $200,000 a season. The two parties start their legal battle on Friday in what could reveal further intimate details of the inner-workings of Hasler and the Sea Eagles.
Manly have threatened to subpoena phone records, email and text messages from Hasler and other key stakeholders.

Hasler was sacked before he had the chance to begin the 2023 season after the club missed the finals.
He was entitled to a lump-sum payment of half his base pay plus ambassador fee as part of his termination but he is claiming he missed the chance to earn an extension because the club’s season fell apart after the rainbow jersey debacle.
Hasler has since landed on his feet by securing a job at the Gold Coast but he hasn’t forgotten the way things ended at Manly as his case begins in the Supreme Court on Friday.
He is expected to earn more than $1 million a season at the Titans. In documents lodged with the Supreme Court, Manly dismissed claims the rainbow jersey debacle cost Hasler the chance to lead the club to the finals, pointing out there were other issues at play.
In their response to Hasler’s claims, they say that the team was already in ninth position heading into the game against the Sydney Roosters when players sat out in protest over the jersey.

They added that the team had to win most of their games – some against teams they had lost to previously that year – to have a finals shot, had access to the seven Rainbow players for the rest of the season, and were without their star player Tom Trbojevic.
They also outline that Hasler was given the option in the days prior to the clash against the Roosters to revert back to the club’s traditional home jersey. They will claim that Hasler insisted they stick with the rainbow kit.
Manly also suggested Hasler repudiated his own contract on October 17 via a letter from his solicitor Daniel McGirr to the club.
Manly claim that as a result of that letter, they accepted his resignation and terminated the coaching contract with a letter of their own three days later.
The documents also state that Manly included five strict parameters to enable Hasler to coach in 2023.
While those details were not revealed it is understood they included the club adopting a succession plan and Hasler not controlling recruitment decisions.
Thanks for posting @DUFFMAN
The moral of the story is that Des and Mr Penn both wanted to do it their way
and they both left our Legendary club into a big Mess

Revive our God Father from retirement
Make him an offer that he cant refuse
This sht never happed under Arko
1697689980008.png

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10