Manly v Des.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Des and acrimonious exits are now the norm. Has left a disaster in his wake everywhere. If he really did ok the rainbow jersey farce at the July board meeting then he has lost all respect that he had earned for all those years from 2004-2011.

Gees we got Des cheap when compared to Keppie salary both 600k

That ambassador component looks really dodgy though.

Gees we got Des cheap when compared to Keppie salary both 600k

That ambassador component looks really dodgy though.
Agreed. I guess the 'Ambassador" money, paid into a separate company with his wife as a director, would help reduce tax.
This court case should be illuminating, if it does reach the courts.

Manly paid approx $900K to run 11th.
The team could have coached themselves to run 11th.
I have not been a big Des fan since 2011. He not only abandoned our club but he left behind an almighty mess and debacle with our cap. So I am terribly biased but I do hope he gets his just desserts with this court case.

I find it fascinating that it’s alleged Des ok d the rainbow jersey or knew of its existence , when he kind of inferred he didn’t ,from memory
If true he did know about it then that puts a whole different spin on what’s happened since , and changes my current view on the whole thing that it was kind of a constructed dismissal by the club of Des , where by they constructed the conditions(rainbow jerseys, no control over said jerseys, impossible kpi’s etc )to make it impossible for him to succeed
Interesting if it all goes to court and his knowledge of the jersey is proven he comes out as a liar or at least economic with the truth

Still seem to recall ] pretty sure ] it was Foz , Ruben [ Garrick ] and Froggy , displaying those pride jerseys at some promotional format or certainly for public awareness and certainly before the actual fixture match .
Just again find it incomprehensible or would certainly seem that way , that Des was not clearly aware or had some general knowledge of the intention or likelihood of them being worn for that specified Roosters game .
Even around the contention that he was not given some opportunity to object to the proposal , again not sure how that may have been out of his control .
Well to at least make it more of a public objection on his part .
Maybe also did not help with the spirited best finish to the season for the side but a heap of injuries and a few players out of form surely the main contributing factors for the eventual poor finish
If that reported contract figure of close to 700 k plus that ambassador payment of 200 k , some pretty serious money for Des "s final contract year .
And even if half of that amount for some 6 months termination agreement or arrangement . again pretty good coin for contributing zero or no more services to the club for the next or remaining year .

They also outline that Hasler was given the option in the days prior to the clash against the Roosters to revert back to the club’s traditional home jersey. They will claim that Hasler insisted they stick with the rainbow kit.
Talk about a rudderless ship. Putting it back on the coach as to whether to abandon the rainbow jersey? That is not even weak management, it is complete abandonment of management.

And interesting to see some posters now speculating that Des was lying about his lack of advance knowledge! Nothing I've seen supports that at all (but if I've missed it please post a link)

I find it fascinating that it’s alleged Des ok d the rainbow jersey or knew of its existence , when he kind of inferred he didn’t ,from memory
If true he did know about it then that puts a whole different spin on what’s happened since , and changes my current view on the whole thing that it was kind of a constructed dismissal by the club of Des , where by they constructed the conditions(rainbow jerseys, no control over said jerseys, impossible kpi’s etc )to make it impossible for him to succeed
Interesting if it all goes to court and his knowledge of the jersey is proven he comes out as a liar or at least economic with the truth
Penn released a statement before the game saying the club had botched the rainbow jersey by not communicating with staff and players,Des said the same after the game

The whole thing is just so so stupid and shows how idiotic human beings can be.

The most common sense approach that even a six year old would understand is on the Monday or the Tuesday as soon as it was obvious there was an issue with the rainbow jersey and it was dividing players and they were going to stand down was to defer the decision to play in it until further discussions. So simple.

Why des and the board could not come to this basic decision in under five mins is just insane.

The most common sense approach that even a six year old would understand is on the Monday or the Tuesday as soon as it was obvious there was an issue with the rainbow jersey and it was dividing players and they were going to stand down was to defer the decision to play in it until further discussions. So simple.

Why des and the board could not come to this basic decision in under five mins is just insane.
100% Jen ,as many have said when this sad chapter first broke as a story.
The old saying of not being able to "organise a root in a brothel with $1000 in your hand comes to mind"
I actually thought Penn made a proclamation from his NY apartment that the rainbow jersey was going ahead regardless of the issues swirling around at the time .So it will be intriguing if it gets to court and all the facts come out

I think it’s a bit more complicated than that.

Once it had been announced, it would have been a bad look for the club to back down. What sort of a message would it send to gay kids who may be struggling with depression? That’s a bigger issue than a footy season. The club had to go through with it in my view.

From what I have read the clubs story and Des’ story are consistent.

1. The club announced the rainbow jersey without consulting Des

2. The players threatened the boycott

3. The club told Des they would abandon it if he wanted them to

4. Des said no, probably because he was concerned about the message that would send (as per my point above).

Point 4 doesn’t absolve the club of responsibility. The club is entirely responsible for the rainbow jersey fiasco. I thought Des handled it remarkably well, but obviously the powers that be don’t like having the finger pointed at them - so that’s why we are where we are….

I think the club was definitely incompetent in regards to the rainbow saga and it did put some unnecessary pressure on the coach. Was it the cause of our poor season? Definitely not imo and thus Des’s alleged claim that it was why we missed the finals seems farcical and unreasonable to me. It just appears to be a money grabbing opportunity…

I think it’s a bit more complicated than that.

Once it had been announced, it would have been a bad look for the club to back down. What sort of a message would it send to gay kids who may be struggling with depression? That’s a bigger issue than a footy season. The club had to go through with it in my view.

From what I have read the clubs story and Des’ story are consistent.

1. The club announced the rainbow jersey without consulting Des

2. The players threatened the boycott

3. The club told Des they would abandon it if he wanted them to

4. Des said no, probably because he was concerned about the message that would send (as per my point above).

Point 4 doesn’t absolve the club of responsibility. The club is entirely responsible for the rainbow jersey fiasco. I thought Des handled it remarkably well, but obviously the powers that be don’t like having the finger pointed at them - so that’s why we are where we are….
You make some excellent points and agree with you it could be seen to send the wrong message however I still think a very respectful well handled press release and response on the Mon and Tue and beyond along the lines of we absolutely support all communities and people etc etc however at this time due to internal complications we need to postpone the wearing of the jersey until further notice.

It would create headlines however we created enough drama wearing the jersey that no club will ever wear something like this again.

Just my opinion though of course.

Do you remember your namesake? He left Manly under Arko's watch.
Yes I remember feathered friend
The Incomparable Immortal will never ever be forgotten
Because he left the Greatest Winning Manly Legacy

The Manly v Des game will be played in the courtrooms

The game that will be played on the footy fields is the one between Seibold V Des

The road to the top 8 is narrow and there is NO room for excuses
1697968879773.png

Last edited:
Can't believe Des wants to take it to court. Des will be wanting an out of court settlement, but time on this is running out now. One thing we know about Des, he likes taking the $'s rather than handing it out to Lawyers.

Seibs Vs Des will be interesting. Brooks vs Fainu will almost certainly decide Seibs fate going forward.
Seibs V Des will add more fuel to very much anticipated fiery match

Mestrov and Mr Penn the Results driven business man will both be looking with interest
The New Manly Era is on the line and so are careers and reputations

To All Manly People of Concern ....
The Legendary Manly club was not made to just purely exist
The legendary Manly club was made to Excel and win premierships
Live up to our legendary clubs great standards or Leave the club and take your mediocre standards some place else like the West Tigers

Lower our legendary clubs Great premiership winning standards
and we stand for nothing Great
1698004170481.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10