Manly v Dogs [Round Finals Week 2 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/09/18/jamie_lyon_on_finals_footy_.html#ooid=Q2NTFocDrdtxXCG7Fxa99CPOn6afMKxE

Jamie Lyon's love for finals footy - Beau Knows

Good news, Gaz has tipped the Dogs, so Manly can win easy :D

BJ on Sterlo tonight - he looks huuuuge. Must have been beefing up for the Dogs. :angel: He is staying at Manly for two more years and is very happy :)

Spud tips Manly because his Wife coaches the Cheergirls and 'the Girls want to keep dancing' :D

Sea Eagles: Friday is D-Day for Manly, who have three players facing fitness tests. Matt Ballin (broken fibula) did some light running early in the week, but is yet to train with the team and is unlikely to be a late inclusion.

Jayden Hodges (neck) and James Hasson (thigh) missed some training early in the week but have since joined the main squad on the paddock and are firming to play.

Jorge Taufua is under pressure to hold his wing spot, with Clint Gutherson gunning to be a late inclusion.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-late-mail-for-finals-week-two-dday-looms-for-sea-eagles-who-have-three-players-facing-tests/story-fnp0lyn6-1227062889317

He is at the telethon tonight with jake t and jack little john - read into that what you like

the mauler said:
What Manly should do is grab a copy of the game against the Rorters in 2011 and give it to Foz.
Manly we're massive underdogs and had a lot of players missing. He singlehandedly carried the team to victory. We need a similar performance from him on Saturday night for us to have any chance.

That match saw Foran go from a kid who wasn't sure he belonged....to stamping his authority on the team and realizing he was a valuable part of the team.

I remember that game as I was going to go to it with my father in law (Roosters fan). But it smashed down raining up here in the Hunter all day and we decided not to (the coverage showed zero rain). But with the injuries we'd had, plus the Rooster having made the GF the year before, I really thought we would struggle.

It was funny I'm sure we scored first, and then the Roosters did.....and as only Gus can he wrote us off and basically said 'the flood waters are about to come'. But the boys just hung tough and dug deep, and Foran was the man. Giving Mitchell Pearce a lovely bit of hair fluffing too.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
My boss sits alongside me at work. He's a rabbid Dogs supporter -almost as long as ive been an Eagle man. We talk footy most days. He won the tipping comp, i came third. Hes laughing at me saying that Manly 'disappeared' on Friday, they're crap, too old, too slow, its gonna be 40 nil, etc etc. Trex to play halfback in the 2nd half etc, I have to just swallow it. We've got no answer to their big pack.

Please, please please, let it not happen. I NEED it to be a Manly victory. Even by 1 point. Is this too much to ask ?

Drawing pins on his seat

I'd go with

1 Brett Stewart
2 Clint Gutherson over Hiku, just ....
3 Jamie Lyon ©
4 Steve Matai
5 Cheyse Blair
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jason King
9 Jack Littlejohn
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Tom Symonds
12 Justin Horo
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
Jesse Sene-Lefao
Ligi São
Josh Starling
Jorge Taufua or Hiku

Who is referee? As with last week if Hayne or Cummins will be a one sided blow out for sure. Hopefully Manly's way this time.

Lets see if Manly's first tackle is penalised again like last week for a Souths player diving back to the ground in front of the Manly marker just standing there.

Referees – Gerard Sutton & Ben Cummins; Touch Judges – Steve Carrall & Brett Suttor; Video Referees – Ashley Klein & Luke Phillips.

Game Day is finally here,time for Manly to Be Manly :)

Winning tonight will be just reward for our Team, whose equal first finish has been missed by the Media :dodgy:

May they all stay healthy and MRC free :angel:

Sid MOM
Manly 13+

#GoManly

Tonight will be an effort similar to the 1991 Many vs Canberra semi final. Hopefully the result will be different. Go Manly.

ManlyBacker said:
Has Kingdog got three more big games in him? That is the challenge and we need you to do a JWH tonight.

I'd take 1 good game atm. Even if we don't go on to win the comp I'd love to knock out the Des's Dogs.
Losing to them will hurt a lot more because of the opponents.

With all the injuries and dramas going on at the club i don't give us much chance tonight, ive given the team the benefit of the doubt the last 3-4 weeks and they have not turned it around. A win would be amazing, especially for us supporters, or at very least a really good effort.

Really excited for tonight's game. I believe we are a chance however I will be happy for anything that isn't a complete capitulation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6