Pre-Game Manly v Dolphins [Round 15, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

58 18
4 Pines Park
09 Jun 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I'm not the one hoping for a half baked Dolphins side to bring them back to the field for us? They are the merchant's, not me. Anyways, is what it is.
I get what you're sayin, but in this crazy 2023 season you take any advantage you can to win games. As Shiekheagle, Waz and Manly Tragic say, there're not sympathetic about our injuries and outs, so why should we.

Awesome news if true, if they deemed Toms category as a 2 why did they say it was a cat 1 10min after he left the field. wow, talk about miscommunication.
Unfortunately the independent doctor (based in Sydney), makes the call on what category the signs and symptoms are as opposed to the team doctor.

So whilst the team doctor may have viewed the symptoms as Category 2, the Independent doctor deemed them Category 1 and their decision is what it is based off.

Unfortunately the independent doctor (based in Sydney), makes the call on what category the signs and symptoms are as opposed to the team doctor.

So whilst the team doctor may have viewed the symptoms as Category 2, the Independent doctor deemed them Category 1 and their decision is what it is based off.
Correct. And whilst I think (in my totally unprofessional and non-medical opinion) that he didn't look like Cat 1 at all, it'll make a mockery of the system if the decision is reversed. That said, I hope it is. We need Turbo on board for as many games as we can.

The thing with the Dolphins is, they were never near as bad as people thought pre season and they are currently not quite as good as some are making out.

They are a very solid football team, they work hard for each other and wont beat themselves. They are consistent.

Basically the opposite to ourselves.

Our best beats their best, we can win and win well. Problem is we are more than capable of beating ourselves. So if we come out at anything less than 100% the Dolphins will grind us out and get the win.

Interesting game coming up.

You would have to think a decision will be made soon on Tom playing this Friday night, being team list Tuesday tomorrow.

The system needs reworking. Firstly the initial assessment should only be in respect of whether the player can return to the match in which the injury occurred. Then there needs to be a further assessment that includes a doctor examining the patient to determine whether its a 11 day lay off or not.

The thing with the Dolphins is, they were never near as bad as people thought pre season and they are currently not quite as good as some are making out.

They are a very solid football team, they work hard for each other and wont beat themselves. They are consistent.

Our best beats their best, we can win and win well. Problem is we are more than capable of beating ourselves. So if we come out at anything less than 100% the Dolphins will grind us out and get the win.

Very well put @Disco

I must admit I completely underestimated the Fins at the start of the year. I do see them fading in the later part of the season tho.

Very well put @Disco

I must admit I completely underestimated the Fins at the start of the year. I do see them fading in the later part of the season tho.
As did I, I had them as a 14-17 team but now I probably seem them as 8-15th.

I do agree they'll fade a bit so I may end up right on both counts

You make some valid points there feathered friend

The majority of the media tipsters predicted that the new Dolphins team that failed to land an established marquee player would finish last but they are over achieving currently on 8th spot

They started round one with a defining unexpected win over the roosters 28 to 18 and over achieved

In round two they resiliently beat the favoured Raiders 20 to 18 and again they over achieved

In round three they became just one of the very few teams to win three games in a row by beating the Knights 36 to 20 and over achieved

Round 4 they narrowly lost to the Brocos 18 to 12 in a gutsy display that had them in the game till the end

Round 5 was their biggest loss in the season to the dragons 38 to 12 . A loss that many predicted would be one of many big losses for the new team in its maiden year but that was not to be

Round 6 the Dolphins bounced back as all competent teams do and won against the Cowboys 32 to 22

Round 7 the Dolphins faced the red hot rabbits and were out played by 36 to 14

Round 8 They recovered and beat the Gold coast 28 to 16

Round 9 They went down to the Raiders by one point 31 to 30

Round 10 Bounced back once again with a great win over the Sharks by 36 to 16

Round 11 They were beaten by the storm in a hard fought game 24 to 16

Round 12 They bounced back once again to beat the dragons by 26 to 12

Round 13 they lost to the warriors by 30 points to 8

Conclusion
The Dolphins have had their fair share of injuries and suspension and lost a few players during the season But that is part of the game and Great character is part of the Dolphins new culture as they are over achieving and are proudly in the top 8

The NRL have a review system for dealing with the concussion category initially diagnosed. Manly is apparently now exercising that review option, as per the NRL rules they are fully entitled to do. This isn't Manly trying to cheat the system. The NRL having a review process is recognition that the concussion category initially diagnosed may not be the appropriate one.

Tom is a huge in , Phins have 5 out, Gilbert, Kaufusie, Wallace, Milf and Lee, although with Lee shame he isn't playing Kaula would run rings around him. We need to ram home the advantage this Friday night at Brookie. Go Manly..

Tom is a huge in , Phins have 5 out, Gilbert, Kaufusie, Wallace, Milf and Lee, although with Lee shame he isn't playing Kaula would run rings around him. We need to ram home the advantage this Friday night at Brookie. Go Manly..
Great news our match winner Tom is Back
Strike players like Tom light up the field excite crowds and fill stadiums
Invest in quality players and they will give you a good return

Great news also that the Dolphins have not 5 but 6 players out including their main half back Penrith talented recruit Sean Sullivan who has been out for over a month and will be back round 17

Conclusion ...
On Paper this should be a big win at home sweet home for us
but as we all know
Paper soldiers dont win games
Resilient ones do

1686015941115.png

We should win this match and handily, with all the outs the Dolphins have. If we can't win this week we may as well start planning for 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7