Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 6, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well I always had that Souffs performance in the back of my mind but I thought we'd cleaned that from their system. Obviously not. No commitment, no enthusiasm, everyone back to playing as individuals. Line speed in defense was non existant. We just stood there waiting for them. Missed tackles diabolical. Attack was like a bunch of school kids thrown together. We weren't up for this game in any dept. The coaching staff has a lot to answer for this inept display. Put on another performance next week like that and it's sayonara season. 1 from 6 home games after next exr week will be unacceptable.

Cheer loudly mate and hope its a great afternoon out there. Post some insights if u get a chance too ;)
Thanks for your kind words mate, it was a beautiful sunny afternoon and I had some of my family come down from Newcastle to be there. All was looking good and then I saw Uate trying to run before the game and he looked in bad shape and I just knew he would not be playing, so I started getting even more nervous, to what I already was. And then the game started and well it went down hill big time.

It was a very different Manly feel from the dogs game, that is for sure. They were very flat, disjointed and just did not seem to be playing as a team for some reason. And their camaraderie shown in previous weeks almost non existent.

I yelled so much through out the entire game and even asked Badger how much he was getting paid, not sure if he liked my honesty or not. The officiating was dead set biased, we got pinged for things they didn't. It was extremely frustrating to watch. We did not play great by any means and beat ourselves in way, but gee wiz, the NRL has got problems with officials.

The drags first alleged try, was a complete farce. Chez was taken out, it was clear as day, could not believe it was even taken up to the bunker to be looked at the ref was right there and then for it to be awarded, just horrendous.

I could not believe the AFB decision, it was clearly called a strip by the bunker and then after the phone call from Greenburg, I assume it was, then the decision was mysteriously changed. Just diabolical....!

We bombed quite a few opportunities to get four pointers, but that was our own doing.

Chez was trying his ass off, one of his kicks was especially a shocker, but no one is perfect and honestly, I can not fault his effort. I am amazed at his composure with the officials, I would not have been so if it was me. Anyway, Walker and AFB were also trying very hard and I could at least get a sense of their determination from where I was sitting.

Tommy, Myles, Winterstein, Kelly, Wright, BJ, Tapau and Jake were all well below par today. (Wright understandable), but goodness me what a change from the last few weeks.

It felt like the Manly from the Vermin game and that is not great at all. And it just really highlighted yet again, that we are not really top eight material if we capitulate like that unfortunately. Our recruitment was really laid bare today, too many oldies and reserve graders. We did well the last few weeks, but we are a long way off being consistently competitive. So it was a very disappointing afternoon and I felt like giving a few people (players/officials) a kick up the you know what. But it was nice to see some of my family at least.

Last edited:
Few things from the game

Dragons forwards were rarely put on their back and we were the opposite I thought the Dragons pack was very impressive

API definitely needs a rotation (Hastings)

Lewis Brown must go (anyone)

Sironen needs to protect DCE more

Tom needs to stop believing his own hype

Unlucky decision straight up which didn't help our cause but some guys heads didn't seem in the game

With 3 tough games against some competition heavyweights and then the Storm next week I think this was the game that the staff would of penciled in for a lull

Looking forward to getting down to Brookie next week against the Scum and expecting a really good effort from the boys

Also, I watched the game from my telly, I could hear dragons fans chanting all night and couldnt hear any manly chants except for that occasional guy. That was embarrassing, manly have no chants besides manly where as other team have got heaps

There too much difference between our best and worst game.
Very insightful, pretty well nails it.

I think in sport, once at the top level, it is not so much about making your best better but more so about making your worst less bad.

For example the average 12 handicap golfer can still hit a booming 300 metre occassionally but his bad ones are way worse, a pro golfers bad drive might still go 260 meters and still be on the fairway.

The drags first alleged try, was a complete farce. Chez was taken out, it was clear as day, could not believe it was even taken up to the bunker to be looked at the ref was right there and then for it to be awarded, just horrendous.

I could not believe the AFB decision, it was clearly called a strip by the bunker and then after the phone call from Greenburg, I assume it was, then the decision was mysteriously changed. Just diabolical....!
Yep, first one shouldn't have gone anywhere near the bunker
and thanks for clearing the second one up as well because I thought I was hallucinating.....I clearly heard the bunker guys call it a strip the first time they viewed it.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10