Game Day: Manly v Easts [Round 22, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really bad errors from Tom T and Cherry leading to tries is the difference in this one.

Why Cherry didn't go to ground instead of getting up, running again and getting the ball stripped is beyond me. Tom's first tackle turnover was a disaster.
He did go to ground. He got clobbered on the skull too by the first attempted tackle and fell. He was picked up from the ground then fended off so he wasn't dragged back in to our in goal and then Mitchell stripped him. Silly ruling imo, there was more than 1 attempt to tackle him so therefore not a 1 on 1 strip.

well, heres everyones chance to see parker in his preferred position.. plenty on here have been calling for him to get a go in the centres, very interested to see if he lives up to the hype ive read about the last 2 years...

A go is more than 1 game.

I'll say this.

We are definitely missing Sirro out on the right and Jorge's runs from the back. Its no small coincidence that we've gone backwards since their injuries.
Ive been trying to figure out how things went so wrong for us and you are probably right. Sirro was in some really great form before he was injured.

Our forwards have to step it up in the physical stakes for mine. As a team no errors. Did Winterstein finish that half playing centre ? im really liking the look of Steve Menzies aka Brad Parker in the centres today. Getting on the outside of his man is effortless. Latrel Mitchell has been the difference. I actually think we played pretty well.

On reflection (and seeing the replay), I'll take back DCE butchering that. He really had no support to speak of (where was Walker or Uate on his outside??), but to be fair his attempted pass wasn't great.

Not could miss, will miss! No doubt.
no chance we will win our next 4 games that's 8 points. we are miles better than tigers panthers dogs and warriors and you know this maaaaaaaaaaaan! If we sure up our right side d we can get them.. we need to kick early when they rush up on walker I don't know why dce isn't and hasn't been doing this lately it's the best tactic. put then in 2 minds make them 2nd guess themselves..
great run by Frank he's definitely been more involved as he should be

The way I see it, we need to shut down mitchell and it will force their play down the less effective right side.

We need to put in 40 mins here otherwise the chooks will steam roll us.

Our lack of depth in the forwards is showing.

This is what I saw in that half.

• When we have the ball our attack is still going ok (not great, but ok).
  • Our right edge defence has collapsed in recent weeks.
  • Lloyd Perrett is the only forward consistently bending the line.

I think we're well in this game.

As @Harry Smith points out, our completions are letting us down. When we have dominated, our completion rate has been the key. We are an opportunist flamboyant attacking side by nature which opens us up to risk. We just have to settle it down a bit and control possession (easy to say).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8