Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parra have dropped their appeal against the NRL sanctions.

Fine reduced to 750k so long as they stay clean for 2 yeats

Clean for 2 Newburyport's?

Or the Yes/No (we have no chance with Yeah/Nah Baz)

Google Yeat

No man, even though he be Shakespeare, can write perfectly when his web is woven of threads that have been spun in many lands.

WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS,Ideas of Good and Evil

Yeats not Yeat - great new name for Zoolander:giggle:

Co_OwM-VIAA1Z-7.jpg

+2 mates Fiz and BoChoc

Brad Arthur looks like a derro !

I think with the weather this evens up the contest

Very nervous about this game
Think we will win but only by a very small margin.

Manly by 8

Very worried about this game too - the boys have to start well and cannot let Parra get on a early roll. Will be devastated if we drop this game . Go Manly

Any word if Killer could be a late inclusion tonight?

I've noticed over the past month of good form our first half completion rates have been almost perfect, if we can continue that and convert that into a similar second half performance we'll be very hard to beat.

Parra have dropped their appeal against the NRL sanctions.

Fine reduced to 750k so long as they stay clean for 2 yeats

Boo! Unbelievable how lightly these tosspots have been treated.

I bet the efforts to see if they are compliant will be almost non existent.

I'm a bit nervous about tonight. Parra will attempt to steal our siege mentality tonight. The have some big players who must be contained.
Bodies must be on the line tonight and no stupid penalties.
Wet track so precautionary strapping for Cherry and Tommy's ankles please.
Fight hard Manly men.

Any word if Killer could be a late inclusion tonight?

I've noticed over the past month of good form our first half completion rates have been almost perfect, if we can continue that and convert that into a similar second half performance we'll be very hard to beat.
Wet track so I think they will rest Killer.
A wet track also slows down Parra's backs which helps with brown note at centre.

Last edited:
No mention of Lyon in the Late Mail

Eels: There are no late changes expected for the Eels, but they will welcome back Michael Jennings (hamstring) who replaces John Folau, while Beau Scott (ankle) and Manu Ma’u (suspension) return to the second row, pushing Kenny Edwards and Peni Terepo back to the bench.

Sea Eagles: Matt Parcell (hamstring) could be a late inclusion, but Nate Myles is touch and go as he continues to struggle with a knee injury.

also, the Eels will be resigning Brad Arthur.

No mention of Lyon in the Late Mail

Eels: There are no late changes expected for the Eels, but they will welcome back Michael Jennings (hamstring) who replaces John Folau, while Beau Scott (ankle) and Manu Ma’u (suspension) return to the second row, pushing Kenny Edwards and Peni Terepo back to the bench.

Sea Eagles: Matt Parcell (hamstring) could be a late inclusion, but Nate Myles is touch and go as he continues to struggle with a knee injury.

also, the Eels will be resigning Brad Arthur.

Jamie Buhrer named co captain with Jake, so no Myles along with no Lyon

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6