Pre-Game Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should be a little cautious when talking about our win/loss so far. After 7 games last year, we were also 4 wins and 1 draw. It's still way too early to be giving ourselves a pat on the back. Our defence is horrible. In fact, we are letting in more tries per game than last year, and are ranked lower when comparing to the other sides. We are seriously kidding ourselves if there isn't a massive improvement
Although you make some valid points I would argue that last year we would have lost both of those games against warriors and Titians. Our middles were completely missing last night due to suspension and injury but we got the 2 points. We have had 3 games where defence was lacking (parra, dragons and titians) I would say only one of those were due to attitude and lack of intent. Parra got reffed back into it and we couldn’t handle the momentum turn and last night we struggle for depth in our pack. Garrick is the only real defensive issue I’m worried about.

Parra players are dehydrated and stuffed after playing in Darwin, gutho on one leg, needs a couple of weeks off but will be forced to play.

Manly needs to recover from two draining away games. Hopefully seibold tapers them this week, freshen up the players a bit.

Parra players are dehydrated and stuffed after playing in Darwin, gutho on one leg, needs a couple of weeks off but will be forced to play.

Manly needs to recover from two draining away games. Hopefully seibold tapers them this week, freshen up the players a bit.
Having Brown and Aloiai coming in fresh will be helpful.

Parra losing Asi means they'll probably play Blaize Talagi at 5/8 Guac could have a field day.

No way Gutho would miss this game even on one leg. He'll probably play 5/8 and Talagi goes in his preferred fullback position.

You can guarantee the nrl and nein will not allow the golden slime to get flogged live on Friday night. This will be heavily ref /bunker clown managed in their favour. What should be a 30 point flogging to us will be down to 4 -8 points either way.

You can guarantee the nrl and nein will not allow the golden slime to get flogged live on Friday night. This will be heavily ref /bunker clown managed in their favour. What should be a 30 point flogging to us will be down to 4 -8 points either way.
Yep , you watch them “ game manage “ the result, you just know the bunker 🤡 won’t let them get another flogging.

It ****s me when we have ex manly players against us. Even if they are terrible all year they always get tries or perform well against us.

Gutho, simonsson, lane, Harper, lussick, tuilagi this coming week.

Foran, Des, Kelly, verrils last week.

I couldn’t remember verrils’ name and searched for Gold Coast hooker on google. I don’t recommend anyone makes the same mistake.

One thing I'll say, is put pressure on their kickers. I've noticed we've been giving space and time to opposition kickers this season. Actually, CAN you put pressure on the kickers anymore? Bleh, I don't even know anymore.

One thing I'll say, is put pressure on their kickers. I've noticed we've been giving space and time to opposition kickers this season. Actually, CAN you put pressure on the kickers anymore? Bleh, I don't even know anymore.
Not unless you want to give away a penalty & be suspended for a week , although I guess you can rush up and act like a clown waving your arms around and as long as you don’t touch you should be fine.

I get the whole “ protect the kickers after they’ve kicked deal” but bugger me the NRL make it hard these days with all these new rules.

On the flip side can DCE take the extra meters then kick the ball when theirs no pressure.
Most games this happens when he won’t take advantage of the extra 5-7m in front of him to kick the ball down town.
You see players like Jerome Hughes do it most weeks and gain 10m with the kick chase.

On the flip side can DCE take the extra meters then kick the ball when theirs no pressure.
Most games this happens when he won’t take advantage of the extra 5-7m in front of him to kick the ball down town.
You see players like Jerome Hughes do it most weeks and gain 10m with the kick chase.
Yes he can effectively , run towards the line , and then kick , and as long he’s kicking before the line he should be safe but that’s a timing thing & easy to get wrong too.

There is always a way to prevail and win over any rule

Getting quick players (Not Woods or Parker ) to sprint up and put the pressure on and put the kicker off by distracting them and going for the ball charge down . There have been many successful charge downs .

With the charge down the kicker is safe and your team is saved from the field goal loss

The moral of the story
Losers look for excuses
Winners find Solutions
1713750513460.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14