Post-Game Discussion Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
32 4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

We're 3rd on the ladder, have beaten the premiers, and we haven't had a bye yet... We're doing well, but I'm still not sure about this team.

Next up we have Raiders, Dolphins, Broncos, Storm then a bye... if we win 2 of those games and have two close losses I'd say we are still doing okay. Three wins I'd be confident we can finish top 4. One win and I'd say we could miss the finals.
What would you say if we won all four ??

I don't care that we won ugly.

We won.

We have plenty of room for improvement.

But we are putting ourselves in the right positon on the ladder to give us time to make those improvements.

I love that we are showing grit.

We aren't giving up.

And we only allowed 4 points in, in the second half.

We need to sort out our edge defence. Badly.

I'm so impressed with our forward pack this year. Much improved.

Brown, so tough again.

Brooks, he's still finding his feet in our team but I love the way he plays. He is so tough too. Absolutely a great signing for our team.

Garrick....he doesn't give up either. Give him time, he'll get to where the team needs him to be.

Go Manly :)

Last edited:
WHERE IS TURBO??? Seriously, his running meter stats hide some issues in defence and stepping up when the game is in the balance.
He’s clearly not 100%.

We have all seen him at his best and this current form feels like 45%.

It must be a weird injury like lower back or ribs because he fails to commit quite often which is not in his makeup.

Hey @Mark from Brisbane have I convinced you that our 2024 team is better than the last few years yet?

Is 3rd place on the ladder enough for you to be confident backing us to the hilt pre-match?

We are building and not losing for 4 matches in a row.

Lots of improvement still to come hopefully in defence!
Yes BUT as I said they’d throw everything at us , and they did.

It was all the talk of putting a cricket score on that I disagreed with.

Average first half , pretty good second half , and 2 points !!

Yeeeee Haaaaa

He’s clearly not 100%.

We have all seen him at his best and this current form feels like 45%.

It must be a weird injury like lower back or ribs because he fails to commit quite often which is not in his makeup.
If he’s that injured I would argue it’s better to put Garrick or Koula back instead.

And let Turbo heal… but I doubt it is physical only

That 2nd Parramatta try was brilliant. Well thought out. I know, I know, Parramatta are sh*t but it is a great move .

Saab was a big positive for me, his hit up of the ball coming out of trouble has improved ten fold.

The line break from the hit up was fantastic too see how far he is growing his game.
You saw how good Saab has become when he wasn’t playing. So far ahead of the other wingers in reserve grade.

How good was siebs calling out "It seems like every time we go the ball they were on top of us"

I.e. they were offside as **** and we knew the ref's weren't doing anything about it
And how many offside pens in the 1st half ? Their D took off before we even played the ball

Gee Ennis on fox didnt have alot of positives to say about Manly tbh he looked unimpressed Manly won and are travelling well in 24.
Quote- Oh yeh their playing well but still areas to improve on....
Fck u ya grub!!

And how many offside pens in the 1st half ? Their D took off before we even played the ball
Yup even my roosters loving wife was calling it. Short 10 and leaving early.

If you watch closely Sutton was running or walking forward and the players were just staying with him. Before the ball was played he was shortening every set by 2 - 3m and letting parra start with momentum was ludicrous

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10