Manly v Knights … Sunday at Brookie! … chat and teams thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously i was that pissed off what they did to us a few weeks back i hope we put a big score on the ****ers.We played them into form, let's play them out off form.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Seriously i was that pissed off what they did to us a few weeks back i hope we put a big score on the F*******.We played them into form, let's play them out off form.

I'm fully with you Pontian- as long as we don't have a flu through the team like the previous meeting, we should give them a spanking.

I just hope their supporter bus breaks down. Seriously, the team just didn't turn up last time. If half the team turns up this week, we'll win. Full strength, we'll put a score on them.

DSM5 said:
I just hope their supporter bus breaks down. Seriously, the team just didn't turn up last time. If half the team turns up this week, we'll win. Full strength, we'll put a score on them.

Half the team had the flu that week. I wouldn't read too much into their performance that night. Manly will return the favour and win 13+ this week.

It is a while since I went to Brookie ..in fact 37 years .. at the time I lived in a boarding house in North Sydney and was so poor I walked from their to the ground and back to save money. I have been to many matches since but this Sunday will be first back to the Fortress. Looking forward to it. Assume it is in same location (haha)?

Are we being too confident?

This year it seems the games we are expected to win and win comfortably...we lose and lose well...

I'm a glass half empty sort of guy....

Us full strength
2nd last game at Brookvale
Fine and sunny day
Huge crowd "baying for blood"

Eagles by plenty!!

southsideeagle said:
It is a while since I went to Brookie ..in fact 37 years .. I have been to many matches since but this Sunday will be first back to the Fortress. Looking forward to it. Assume it is in same location (haha)?

Yeah, but it is no longer a "Brookvale Oval" - it is more of a rectangle.
They changed it over in 1970. I to was a bit befuddled that day . . . "Is this the same ground ?"

stoodamire said:
Are we being too confident?

This year it seems the games we are expected to win and win comfortably...we lose and lose well...

I'm a glass half empty sort of guy....

The glass is always full.

Bottom half water (or alcohol)
Top half air.

Hence be happy and trust the guys are focused on the job!

woot!

Brett Stewart has rightfully been identified as being crucial to our success in any game. Kieran Foran fully fit and firing is just as important. He adds so much to our attack with his running at the defensive line creating opportunities front left and centre. He is getting better with every game and is showing why his signature was of paramount importance to our club. Expecting a BIG game from our left edge against the Knights, particularly as Matai and Williams will be lethal running off him in the Knights defensive 20m.

Brookie4eva said:
Thehill said:
Weather looks good, should be bumper crowd!

With 3 rounds to go the bandwagon jumpers will be starting to hop on-board now.

All aboard I say! I have been inviting my mates to join the Manly train for a few weeks. There should be some late train membership packs to sign these people up to. Cash in on the success this year, before we win the championship

Yeah stoodamire, I feel more comfortable being a tad negative about their prospects rather than chest thumpingly upbeat. Its worked well for me - 2 premierships in 5 years.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7