Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 14, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
After such a promising start, that turned into a very ordinary half. Yeah, we copped it a bit from the refs, but our discipline and poor mental application was more concerning.

Manly look like they're at a training run.

Somebody kick them in the head and wake them up that it's still theirs to win

giphy.gif

I knew as soon as those Fox Sports idiots had us winning by 18 that we'd lose by 8!!

One thing I can't believe is the so-called 10. Newcastle aren't being penalised for their line moving well before the ball has been played, yet at times Klein and Stone have had us back around 12 or 15 metres.

And that's before we get in to the other crap the refs are dishing up.

Underestimated the amount rain changes a game. We are still by far far far the better Duden although we can't keep giving away stupid penalties, ball security as well.

Great defence, without penalties would be leading by more, poor discipline

Refs are ****ing **** tonight, writing the scripts

I think the refs have decided this is one of the two Newcastle wins for 2017.
mate I think your right. I'm a strong believer of refs rigging games or favoring one team. After the 2013 gf my eyes were completely opened. see souths the year they won lol the refs penalized the other teams out of the games and then after the game is lost they give the other team even up penalties.

We were all over them in first 15min so of course the solution is 6 penalties in a row to Knights. Wonder why fans are pissed off with this game watching this garbage being presented as a professionally run and officiated game.

I never understand how professional players can not understand the refereeing style of a match official.:wasntme:

They are just another aspect of a game, like the weather that you can not change, but you can minimize their effect by adjusting your game.:nod:

AFB needs to be taken out the back by Spud and have the stupid penalties knocked out of his game @:mad:

Only way to beat the refs tonight is to lift the intensity...then the result will be good regardless of this obvious favouratism

Underestimated the amount rain changes a game. We are still by far far far the better Duden although we can't keep giving away stupid penalties, ball security as well.

Great defence, without penalties would be leading by more, poor discipline

We're not 'giving away' penalties, and it's not 'discipline' - the fix is clearly on. Manly are not playing the game any differently to the way Newcastle are, yet the penalties are ludicrously skewed in their favour.

Watch this next half for the ****ty, useless penalties given to Manly on the first tackle, probably in their 20 where all it does is interrupt the flow of play for the attacking side, so that the stats are roughly even by the end of the game. Happens every week, but the stats don't tell the story of where and when the penalties were given to deliberately swing momentum.

What ****s me more is the lazy eagle defenders where if one tackler gets to the marker position, the other just stands or lays in the ruck instead of making an effort to get back....happened last week too with Green for Ropana's try.

7 errors but let's blame the refs because Knights have 2 more penalties.

Errors are hurting us , for sure....

Lets not forget though that 1 of our penalties was for a double movement, and 1 in the last 30 secs of the half.

Penalties = momentum.....it's all about game timing and field position when you get them.

Manly look like they're at a training run.

Somebody kick them in the head and wake them up that it's still theirs to win

giphy.gif
This is where a coach should carry a megaphone into the dressing room - to yell directly into the ear of selected dolts.

Will be interesting to see what impact all that defending will have on them in the second half.

Even Billy harrigan is bagging the ref.
Reckons he's bogging the game down.
" Doing time with Ashley Klein " he says.
Rare.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10