Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just for this game, I'd be tempted to play Matai on the wing, to cover the loss of Jorge's first up hit ups off our line and play Williame at centre, where he has bounced back with heaps of tries in recent weeks.

I'll tip 42-10...
Manly 42 (Korosiau, Symonds, Walker 2, Trbojevic 2, Parker tries/Lyon 6/6 goals)
er...7 tries and 6 goals doesn't add up to 42!
And anyhow, why wouldn't Lyon try to convert the last try if he's kicked the first 6 straight??!
giphy.gif

... But, can Matai catch a bomb?

No lol. I'm sorry but even Jorge is better. At least Jorge holds onto the ball if he decides to keep his feet and not jump for it (when he jumps he never gets anywhere near the damn thing). I honestly can't remember the last time Skivy actually attempted to catch a bomb without dropping it.

He's not the absolute quickest by a long shot but Wiliame is no slouch and besides it all, Skivy is no winger.

Very concerned about our wing defence, in particular Wiliame...!! (Please Brayden try and tackle the opposition player with the ball when they are near you....please....!!)

Also just checked my trusty ref stats and it looks like Badger is on the Knights payroll. Newcastle have a win percentage of 67.74% when he is officiating. :wondering:
Link below for anyone interested - http://afltables.com/rl/misc/Gavin_Badger.html

This is not a given at all and the Knights gave the Purple scum a bit of a scare at AAMI in round 5 and then beat the Tigpies in round 6. We need to put in 110% right from the kick off.

Yep, hope he wasn't watching TTurbo run in time and time again and stays on his man.

That is assuming Matai doesn't rush in and stays on his man

Yep, hope he wasn't watching TTurbo run in time and time again and stays on his man.

That is assuming Lyon doesn't rush in and stays on his man - huge assumption there

Whenever there is a miss on the inside, or overlap the winger is made to look a fool. Goes in he gets bagged, stays out and gets bagged.

Get used to it, there is not a winger in the comp that this doesn't happen to every week.

Here is the latest Sea Eagles injury update, proudly brought to you by Elastoplast.

Daly Cherry-Evans: High ankle sprain. Expected back Rd 9

Jamie Buhrer: Broken thumb. Expected back Rd 10

Tim Moltzen: Knee, Indefinite

Jayden Hodges: Knee, season

Isaac John: Pec, 10 weeks.

Jorge Taufua: Broken Collarbone. Expected back Rd 15

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10