Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Also expect M Wright too be on fire for our first 2-3 games. It was injury hold him back later in the year but his body might be shot after 3 really good. games again

Hopefully Walker comes back sooner rather than later. Same as Lussick. If the cap issue is over and we get a 5/8, we'd have a total kick-ass side (assume Ben Barba for example):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Ben Barba
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Kelepi Tanginoa

There are 1040 man minutes in every game of Rugby League ....

If Brown plays for 10 mins ... that represents less than 1% of the total contribution .. good or bad .... of the whole team ...

We will not win or lose this game based on who our utility cover is ....
It's now how minutes he does play that matters, it's how many minutes someone else doesn't play that is the issue.

Okay all your formula measures is the player's match time on the field as a percentage over the whole playing group. Nothing more.. The whole team could be laying on the ground with flowers sticking out of their arses reading Harry Potter for the entire time and the ‰ won't change..

So if Lewis Browns 10 minutes of playing time equates to <1%, then what does that even mean? How is that fact even relevant to a player's value and what he brings on match day and their impact whether positive or negative.

Surely there are other mathematical statistics that offer more perspective such as missed tackles, tackles, metres run etc..

It is also an incontestable fact that 80mins by one player (such as DCE) equate to less than 7.7% of the total contribution time available. Wow.

So what does that fact even prove? What is your actual point?

You thought I had a point?

Not really, I didn't anticipate that this would go on so long ... it is just that so much hysterical nonsense and energy has been spent in lamenting the fact that Brown is our #14 .... and yet, the fact that we are going into the game with only 2 props is largely ignored ..... I just thought it was time to get on board the big issues ...

I’m no Lewie fan either BUT I get where Baz comes from. At best he’s likely to get 10 minutes , and possibly even none BUT he’s a fair reserve for Hooker, a fair reserve for the back row , and a just adequate fill in for centre.

I wish to that we’d see a Fainu or a Hastings given a shot but the fact still exists neither of them can adequately fill in for 3 areas of the field.

So as I say I get what TBaz does , even though I disagree!

I’m no Lewie fan either BUT I get where Baz comes from. At best he’s likely to get 10 minutes , and possibly even none BUT he’s a fair reserve for Hooker, a fair reserve for the back row , and a just adequate fill in for centre.

I wish to that we’d see a Fainu or a Hastings given a shot but the fact still exists neither of them can adequately fill in for 3 areas of the field.

And another interesting point that has been ignored, in the great rush to be outraged by Brown's selection, is the fact that Baz has shown a lot of faith in the young bloke Lachie.

I had thought Hastings may have gotten the nod, as a cover in case Lachie gets stage fright, but we are going in with no halves cover on the bench ........

Talk about showing great faith in youth ... oh that's right Baz doesn't do that according to some ...

Sironen can play halves , centre and hooker for those 10 minutes Brown is on and be more affective than Brown and we can have another player like Perrett on the bench as well as many other promising players with potential .
But Baz cant think outside the Brown square and he has no faith in his young talent sadly

You thought I had a point?

Not really, I didn't anticipate that this would go on so long ... it is just that so much hysterical nonsense and energy has been spent in lamenting the fact that Brown is our #14 .... and yet, the fact that we are going into the game with only 2 props is largely ignored ..... I just thought it was time to get on board the big issues ...
I also didn't anticipate for this 'mathsdebate' to go on for so long either and agree that was a waste of energy.. I'm feeling a tad ashamed of myself.

Ok back to bigger issues. Would you replace Brown with another prop then?

I think Browns utility spot is to cover an injury to DCE, Croker, or Api... If DCE or Croker go down, Api moves to the halves, and Brown into hooker. Personally, I'd rather have Hastings for this cover, but as we all know, Brown is Trents love child.

Sironen can play halves , centre and hooker for those 10 minutes Brown is on and be more affective than Brown and we can have another player like Perrett on the bench as well as many other promising players with potential .
But Baz cant think outside the Brown square and he has no faith in his young talent sadly

The team isn't finalised yet.

And this young talent that Barrett has no faith in - I assume Brian Kelly would be classed as young talent he has faith in? How about Lachlan Croker?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10