Pre-Game Manly v Panthers [Round 5, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
06 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Diddle Diddle
Its the Cat v the Eagle
A Manly win at Brookie
and we are all Over the Moon

Never say Never
All things are Possible
with The MANLY WAY !
1712021627859.png

4 losses in a row after the next 2 games. Will it be time to shift out of neutral then ??
If we were to lose the next 6 that’s 2024 done & dusted.

I just think we are better than that.

I’m hoping Saturday was an aberration, if it wasn’t , we are doomed.

I just think we are better than that.

I’m hoping Saturday was an aberration, if it wasn’t , we are doomed.
Yeah, I think the players had been reading their press and thought they were better than that, too. I'm hoping being flogged by the Dragons has brought them back to Earth. They need to be willing to fight and scrap on every single play, because if they aren't, other teams will be.

Yeah, I think the players had been reading their press and thought they were better than that, too. I'm hoping being flogged by the Dragons has brought them back to Earth. They need to be willing to fight and scrap on every single play, because if they aren't, other teams will be.
The only thing that brought me relief was the vision of the dressing shed post game.

It wasn’t the “ oh well we lost let’s have a beer “.

It was the look of abject disappointment & bewilderment at what had just transpired.

I’ve seen , and been in , dressing sheds after a loss , it’s not fun , but what I saw on Saturday night was next level.

And that was every player ( as they panned around ) they were shell shocked.

No talking , no laughing , no engagement with anyone else just absolute & utter shock.

And that’s given me hope.

Whilst I don’t think they’ll beat the Premiers ( even with players out ) I’d expect a really good display next Saturday at home, they’ll be keen for redemption , keen to show the fans that last weeks game was just “ one of those things “.

Well , at least I hope that’s what will happen.

The only thing that brought me relief was the vision of the dressing shed post game.

It wasn’t the “ oh well we lost let’s have a beer “.

It was the look of abject disappointment & bewilderment at what had just transpired.

I’ve seen , and been in , dressing sheds after a loss , it’s not fun , but what I saw on Saturday night was next level.

And that was every player ( as they panned around ) they were shell shocked.

No talking , no laughing , no engagement with anyone else just absolute & utter shock.

And that’s given me hope.

Whilst I don’t think they’ll beat the Premiers ( even with players out ) I’d expect a really good display next Saturday at home, they’ll be keen for redemption , keen to show the fans that last weeks game was just “ one of those things “.

Well , at least I hope that’s what will happen.
If they can't react after that pitiful performance then nothing will motivate them to get better. I agree that they will play better but that Penrith club is just a juggernaught.

I know Manly will be a far more determind and hungry team this Saturday, but this Penrith team even Clearyless, is the yardstick in this competition.
I'll cop 1000 optimistic Emoji posts, but I rate us a good chance to upset them.
Travelling down to watch this home game live and already set up in Manly for the weekend @:cool:

I know Manly will be a far more determind and hungry team this Saturday, but this Penrith team even Clearyless, is the yardstick in this competition.
I'll cop 1000 optimistic Emoji posts, but I rate us a good chance to upset them.
Travelling down to watch this home game live and already set up in Manly for the weekend @:cool:
And will happily give you a shoutout if they win
if the heavy rain which is predicted arrives for Saturday should make it an interesting game

1 Tom Trbojevic

2 Tommy Talau

3 Tolu Koula

4 Reuben Garrick

5 Jaxson Paulo

6 Luke Brooks

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (captain)

8 Taniela Paseka

9 Lachlan Croker

10 Josh Aloiai

11 Haumole Olakau’atu

12 Ben Trbojevic