Pre-Game Manly v Panthers [Round 5, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
06 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better remember Phil Lowe on Saturday.

league-at-penrith-manly-vs-penrith-phil-lowe.jpg

1976-artile.jpg

Didnt the Tigers beat the Panthers in the rain in Bathurst last year?

Not being smart, asking, I feel like it was raining but I forget
They did,but Manly in DCE’s later era,haven’t performed too well in the wet either,aside from the odd GP victory

I can't see Manly being as bad as last week, but I still am not confident that we'll even get within 1-12 at full time. Still, with Cleary out and our side being at close to full strength this is our best shot this season of grabbing a win against the 'rif. Go Manly!

The Panthers are not defined by a one off game in the rain
They are defined by their three straight Premiership wins
We will be defined by how we aim up against them

The rain definitely brings us back into the contest. I would much rather play them in the driving rain apposed to a lovely dry day.
It becomes a lottery in the wet and that’s our only chance against this team

The rain definitely brings us back into the contest. I would much rather play them in the driving rain apposed to a lovely dry day.
It becomes a lottery in the wet and that’s our only chance against this team
Good morning feathered friend @Ben and I hope you are enjoying the cool wet weather change

The Lottery luck Game Perspective ...

Teams in the rain must paly error free and disciplined footy
The three times Premiership winning Panthers have consistently proven to be a the most composed team
As far as game day Lotteries Go. I believe Good teams adapt to challenging situations and make their own luck
The team with the best game plan that can play disciplined footy will make their own luck and their way to winning this game
1712271315806.png

Looking at the BOM's predictions (and other's), there's a fair chance the rain might actually have cleared by game time. I realise relying on the (climate change obsessed) BOM to get anything right these days is fraught with danger, but hopefully they've fluked this one and got it right. Still going to be wet underfoot though I suppose - and under my arse on the hill.

If we are to have any chance against the 'heavyweight' teams one of the critical things we need to learn is to respect the football. For YEARS I have been frustrated with our inability to build pressure because we rarely manage getting repeat sets or even just completing sets consistently over a decent period of time (Even 10-15 mins) This is immaturity in our game that should have been coached out of us a long time ago but it still prevails. We are not a team yet that is willing to 'grind' out a win and we are not a top 4 team defensively. I'm happy for us to use our speedy weapons and play sexy touch footy IF we could defend those inevitable turnovers from that playing style. Sadly we don't have the right to play flashy high risk footy because as soon as we hand over possession in good field position we fold - generally on our wafer thin indecisive edges. Plenty of work to do and until I see an obvious improvement in these very basic fundamentals of good footy we are not going deep into finals. Go Manly

Looking at the BOM's predictions (and other's), there's a fair chance the rain might actually have cleared by game time. I realise relying on the (climate change obsessed) BOM to get anything right these days is fraught with danger, but hopefully they've fluked this one and got it right. Still going to be wet underfoot though I suppose - and under my arse on the hill.
Mate, with luck the rain might stop, but it has been raining non-stop all day and the northern beaches are copping a soaking. It's going to be wet tomorrow regardless.

Mate, with luck the rain might stop, but it has been raining non-stop all day and the northern beaches are copping a soaking. It's going to be wet tomorrow regardless.
It'll make for entertaining viewing watching everyone on the hill trying to get what ever cover they can get.

Mate , Mate , Mate
My Manly Mate

Bring on the Wet
Bring the on the relentless Rain
Bring on the relentless Panthers
and Bring on our Best Manly version and put up a Great Manly wet show and we will be celebrating a Manly home win with a wet sail

Dare to Believe
Desire to Achieve
1712294184528.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11