Game Day: Manly v Parra [Round 7, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last week the piss poor tries just before HT put the game out of reach. TB made a point of that in the presser and what do they do this week? Let them score 2 easy tries and have basically put the game out of reach again. Disgusting

I wonder if Barrett has worked out that his selections are not working. He'll probably bring on Brown, Matt Wright and Jonno Wright next week. He just doesnt seem to be getting it. And Hastings and Co killed it in the Reggies. I've supported Barrett time and again but he doesnt seem to be learning. These guys need to know you are serious, so drop them. I knew this was about to happen after his 'no one to be dropped' remark last week. Lack of possession will be the excuse, but that comes from retaining the ball. Miopic Trent. Look around you for goodness sake.

K I’m tapping out haha. Read two pages. Way too negative for me. We’re playing **** but we’re not getting a fair run of it either. No way do I believe we’ve been offside 5 times and they haven’t been at all. I’ll be on suicide watch if I hang in this forum for the second half haha

Right about now Hasler looks like a good option. Never should have got to this point, we need to restore Manly. I like Baz, but he can royally **** off
Right with you Harry, this is a wooden spoon outfit if ever I saw one, how have we become this rabble in three weeks? Clearly Barrett can't coach and his persistence with players either clearly out of form or position is pissing me off, although I knew we would lose today this is becoming embarrassing!!!!

I can take loosing if the team has a go take it the referees have been one sided but I won’t continue to watch this dribble if The players don’t have a go I watch be watching this rubbish anymore

Hard to hope they will learn from the first half when they haven't changed anything from the last two games.
I'm happy to give them my old VCR so they can watch some replays through the week and maybe think about what they might be doing wrong.

Time for DCE TO LEAD or the team needs to be told to fick off till Wednesday next week...new team list on the wall if they cant improve...coach needs to tell em no places are guaranteed.

K I’m tapping out haha. Read two pages. Way too negative for me. We’re playing **** but we’re not getting a fair run of it either. No way do I believe we’ve been offside 5 times and they haven’t been at all. I’ll be on suicide watch if I hang in this forum for the second half haha
The penalties have been abominable, but our defense has been even worse.

This half is crucial to whether Barrett has lost the dressing room. They fight and win the half...there's hope.

We go down by 50.....goodnight!

Everything according to the script we all feared but all knew was coming. A string of penalties to gift Parramatta possession and soften us up followed by a disallowed try (why Thompson didn't keep moving is anyone's guess, but he gave them a reason to take the try off us and they took it), followed by dropped balls, penalties in possession and then, just to top it off, some comical defending out wide (even when he's catching bombs, Uate still figures out how to be a liability) and even more comical defending close to the line. Et tu, Jake? Et tu? Been a long time since I've seen the old "stand back and watch them score a try because we think we're offside" routine but it's still as hilarious as ever.
Most obvious takeaway of the game so far: Croker is not a first-grade footballer. Except for that appalling "pass" to a few blades of grass, he's been completely invisible out there.
Lack of effort and a complete lack of brains.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8