Manly v Parramatta [Round 17 2013] Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren said:
ha ha KE, it due at the end of next week andfocused solely on it. It's about 200 pages long and so over it. This forum keeps me sane lol I will be a bagwagon fan I think as will have time around August semis etc.

There must be another Darren out there then who is on Silvertails all the time, posting good, positive comments...

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:
Hayne seems more and more unlikley to play as time goes on.

If we can't beat a Hayneless Parra at home I will be cracking out the Gin and razor blades.
Jarryd Hayne, he's not playing tomorrow night.

@NRLNEWS: ‎#NRLmanpar @TheParraEels capt. @tim_mannah says Jarryd Hayne will not be playing this Mon. night v Manly. http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Jarryd-Hayne-wont-play-Tim-Mannah/78880”

With no Hayne, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE in this game. If we don't win and win well, then the season will be teetering on a knife edge.

CentralCoastEagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:

If we can't beat a Hayneless Parra at home I will be cracking out the Gin and razor blades.

@NRLNEWS: ‎#NRLmanpar @TheParraEels capt. @tim_mannah says Jarryd Hayne will not be playing this Mon. night v Manly. http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Jarryd-Hayne-wont-play-Tim-Mannah/78880”

With no Hayne, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE in this game. If we don't win and win well, then the season will be teetering on a knife edge.
Absolutely. The dangers are complacency, injuries, penalties, sin bins, send offs. If we don't this the boys should start shopping for onesies for an early mad Monday. George Rose in a onesie would be epic.
Push it up Manly. Play hard. Play sensible and win.

For the record.... What a beautiful afternoon today in Sydney!!! What a waste NRL!!!!! Robbing my life of great days & memories!

Darren said:
Not for me as working on an accreditation report since Christmas and due next month. Do miss not going and sitting on the beloved Brookie hill. Hope for a smashing of the Eels and to give our fans some cheer on the chilly night.

Lame arse excuse!

CentralCoastEagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:

No excuses even if Hayne was playing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Manly's problem is that their attack is too predictable and one of the primary reasons is our dummy half running.

I have the utmost respect for Ballin, who's defensive efforts save Manly a lot of angst. But I'm not sure his role at hooker is serving Manly effectively. Perhaps if he was a second row like a Bunny Reilly (ex Easts player from the 70s with excellent defence), but at hooker we need someone to vary the play.

The problem is that Ballin rarely makes a break from dummy half and Manly needs someone to be doing that to help draw defences in. Oppositions know Manly's attacking keys are Lyon, Stewart and Matai and they are setting their defences to cover those three because they dont have to cover up the guts as much except for forwards using brute force.

Now you may doubt this but this weekend (and its much the same most weekends) the three hookers in the leading clubs have made 70 metres (Rein, Syd City), 96 metres (Smith, Melb) and 93 metres (Luke, South Syd). Ballin in the past three matches has made a total of 34, 38 and 9 metres. He got in the 80s four weeks ago against Canberra and Manly won, but generally his runs total in the 30s.

What this does is allows teams far more latitude to cover the dangerous outside backs and place less emphasis on the middle of the ruck. We need someone to draw in the opposition defences to give Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Taufua, Williams etc more room to move. We really need a sharp running attacking hooker.

Jase reckons we can't score 30 so bring it on Manly. A couple of Brett specials will be nice to watch. No more grind boys.

Kiwi Eagle said:
It's 6 months since Christmas Darren, if ya haven't gotten it done yet what's 1 more day gonna hurt !!
Exactly Kiwi.
Like most teachers.... couldn't organise a ro*t in a brothel!

It's called Time Management Darren - a term used widely but never followed in the Public Service.
Try a week in Private Enterprise.

Worked in accounting for 10 years before becoming a teacher so do remember the private sector. Different job, loads of marking etc and always work after work yet shorter days (technically) but there's always parent meetings, stacks of parent emails etc. Do get a sleep in with holidays but usually work most of the term's holidays preparing etc.

Can you hear that Darren??

That was the world's smallest violin playing just for you.................

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7