Manly v Parramatta [Round 3 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jerry1 said:
Jeez I was nearly embarrassed by today :)

Nearly???

I am.....VERY (by their performance)

I am at a loss to understand how we can play like we did last week, and then one week later in a totally different way.

Anyway I'll go and watch the replay and see how I feel after that.

Yeah we were horrible, but consider we are missing Snake, K Foz, T Red and Jorge against a full strength and fired up desperate Eels its.....barely tolerable. That being said no one deserves to loss against the Eels except the Dogs, Chooks and Bunnies.

Tooves must really rip into the team and make some hard choices now.

What a **** performance. Embarrassing even though we won. We always play crap as big favorites.

We scored more points and we deserved to win. F...k the Eels.

Even with a poor performance we win.

Lucky with 5 min I threw 2 Manly teddy bears across the lounge wife wants to ring Docs ...Couldn't face the week losing to that rabble
:)

You can not expect a team to be up every week - fair enough if this is the case every week otherwise there is no need to get worried or over react

Get over it boys.2 of the spine out in modern footy means trouble.cop the two point and move on.means absolutely zilch.

We've had plenty of games in recent years where we've played well and been unlucky or ripped off. Without Snake Foz, Jorge and T-Red, early in the season and with new faces galore, new combinations etc...it's a bonus to jag this one!

Sure we were average but Brad Arthur's Parra played with purpose and inside info...lol. Bit of credit to our boys for at least winning ugly!

Will be great to hear the embittered reaction of Sterlo & Wabbits on Nein.. . . Longtime Parra supporters
Can't wait !

I would have been more confident if we'd played them away from Brookie. For some reason over the last few seasons we really seem to struggle with the expectation of a win at home. Really need an attitude adjustment for these games.

master blaster said:
does gifty need to be worried

not at all. The NRL should apologise to him for putting that tackle on report. Didn't even it the head. Tackled Moi moi cleanly.

Wasn't a pretty win but a good one.

Blair and Santini were impressive. I wonder how Santini would go in the backrow.

2 points is 2 points, my day was almost ruined but at least now I can grab a quick nap before Matilda wakes up.

It as a different experience watching a game at 5am and having the sunrise during the game.

Poetic that a hail storm hit just as Parra score that last try, only to clear when DCE cops one high.

To be honest he did get hit high, but he gets hit like that in every game, and the tough bugger he is, just gets up and gets on with it. They should be looking more closely at the way he gets hit anyway.

Geez people it's not all doom and gloom. Its early in the season. A team's form is going to be up and down - handling will be rusty and combinations gelling. We would have been up for the first two games and used up a lot of petrol in both. Then coming up against the Eels this week, as much as they would deny, there was little doubt we would suffer from a downer, with a weakened squad, we were there for the taking. Thus the amount of money coming for Parra at the odds.

I think it will take time for our pack/bench to start coming together after so many changes in the off season.

I remember watching an early season game some years ago thinking it was the worst game I'd ever seen and that both teams should just drop out. One of those teams won the comp that year.

Good to see Kingy got through a game after an age out.

Lets turn our attention to next week's game on Friday.
Hopefully we'll get some more troops on deck.
We've got some serious business to attend to.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8