Manly v Penriff [Round 25 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon we'll cut loose successfully a bit this game: Manly 34 - Penrith 10.

Our boys need to lift and show everyone what we all know they are made of, but have been disappointingly showing so little of the past month.

The weather report isn't too bad, hopefully the sun comes out as much as possible that day!
Lookin' forward to cheering on the Maroon and White at Brookie again!

Ranger said:
Ralphie said:
What happened with Latimore, did he plea or fight?

"The news wasn't so good for Penrith, whose playing stocks have been dealt yet another blow after prop Jeremy Latimore failed to get a downgrade on his dangerous contact charge and will now miss two games.

Latimore had originally been hit with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact - Unnecessary Head/Neck Pressure on Melbourne's Bryan Norrie last Monday night."

http://www.nrl.com/manlys-king-fights-high-tackle-charge/tabid/10874/newsid/81321/default.aspx

He was unlucky. It looked accidental to me.

Penrith pack is big, young and aggressive. Soward in career best form and their backs are young, slick, fast and skilful. They'll be a handful to contain even with their injuries. I expect Gould to have influence over the video refs on this one. Manly will be Checcined. Chocolate soldiers by 4.

We haven't lost 2 in a row all year and now with Manly's Gift out and Manly's King retiring we won't lose this one.
Close game or blow out that depends more on Penriff than us.

Mitch said:
The telegraph is reporting that Dunamis Lui is pushing to be a late inclusion for Sunday's game. That would be a great boost to our forward rotation.

That is great news - don't remember when he hurt himself, but he has been missed :angel:

After watching that garbage last night I'm even keener for the Manly game. I hope the refs handle the real top of the table clash better than that ****e effort on thurs nyt.

Hoping D-Mass plays.

manlyfan76 said:
After watching that garbage last night I'm even keener for the Manly game. I hope the refs handle the real top of the table clash better than that ****e effort on thurs nyt.

True. there is a lack of creativity in many matches because the backs only get the ball on the fourth tackle. The remainder of each set is taken up with wrestle-mania then a kick-and-hope on the 5th tackle.
This style of play, plus the interference of two refs and video scrutiny, is making RL a very boring spectacle.

James Segeyaro is highly unlikely to play in #NRLMANPEN due to flights back from PNG being grounded due to Volcano eruption

Manly has to enthuse - we got dusted last year by Penriff :cool:

Its going to be a very heavy track as its been raining all nigh and most mornings this week here :s

Sunshine is forecast for Game day though :)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=glenn-stewarts-season-over_1227040115809&vc=569

#FillTheHill

Berkeley_Eagle said:
HappilyManly said:
His dad is beig buried on Sunday, so its highly unlikely :angel:
Funeral was on Wednesday
http://news.pngfacts.com/2014/08/segeyaro-leaves-memories-passes-on.html

But the interment is not till Sunday, back at his village according to the local paper.
..After the funeral service, Segeyaro was taken of a last tour of the fields (Kaugere, Murray Barracks and Unagi Oval) he frequented. Segeyaro will be buried on Sunday in his village Mohuveto No.1...

Think our boys better be on their best behaviour on Sunday. Can see the refs compensating / reacting to last night's lack of control, and small suspensions handed out after.

No wrestle , no high shots, no back chatting.

Are we really that worried about Segeyaro that we need to study PNG burial practices? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and I usually enjoy watching him, but we really should have Penrith's measure on Sunday no matter who they send out there.
(We really should. Whether we will or not remains to be seen.)

PNG Burial Practices were not discussed, merely the likelihood of one of Penriff's strike Players taking the field on Sunday. :cool:

Segeyaro is like Luke, a very fast dummy half. He has helped Penriff win as many games as young Moylan has this year.

Manly have always been challenged in containing these type of Players. :s

Lets hope for another great Brookie day and farewell our departing PLayers in style :)

Just saw how boggy ANZ stadium is. I can only imagine how much of a bog Brookie must be. Going to be heavy going tomorrow.

Its still raining here, but forecast to stop tonight.

Brookie will be slippery on the Hill and boggy in the center of the field.

Wonder if the NYC will be allowed to play as 12:45 :huh:

$30 T-shirts at Brookie tomorrow

BwQs3NbCEAAYeK8.jpg:large

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4