Manly v Penriff [Round 25 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SOme great photos of the game plus Members Signing back at the Club :)

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/09/01/photos_kingy_s_dream_brookvale_farewell.html

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/09/01/post_match_members_function_.html

Choc's going nowhere, this Lady is telling him in no uncertain terms :D
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

DT finally got it right - Killer Blow :exclamation:
189828-pages-monday.jpg

925356_275891959273919_1597536903_n.jpg

Last try :heart:
https://soundcloud.com/triple-m-nrl/last-set-of-the-manly-v-panthers-match-of-the-day

Ralphie said:
I watched the game last night and I thought we played pretty well. In the 2nd half particularly I saw some long missing aggression and mongrel.

A couple of points of note.
1. Penrith played their GF yesterday. They were on big time and that caught us by surprise.
2. I doubt Jamie will ever make another intercept error again, let alone 2 in one game.
3. Soward was clearly 3 metres off side when he ran up and took the intercept so should have been no try.
4. No Lawrence and Ballin & Buhrer going off with injury left us short of troops.

This was a small step in the right direction.
I reckon Moylan's tip on to Massour was forward as well, Ray Warren hinted at it too.

globaleagle said:
How was gifty's video tribute?

Fantastic, they should have it up on the web soon @"MWSE Membership" :idea:
It was underscored by Barnsey's 'Working Class Man' - a real toe tapper.
It was funny seeing Gifty clean shaven and with hair :p

Kingy's was good too :)

We forget each highlight as another one manifests, so its great to have these compilations of the Player. :angel:

I see the telecrap has an article saying Manly's win was 'controversial' because Soward whinged about the time and Cleary wanted the final try checked by the video ref.:rolleyes:
The journos just can't handle Manly winning.
No mention of Jamie Soward's intercept try possibly being a slight bit off-side.
Whatever.
Two competition points to the Mighty Sea Eagles.:D

Cleary and Soward only wanted the last try checked as it meant the clock stopped automatically, leaving an extra 45 seconds from the kick off. The whining about Manly being maybe offside is just a smother.

niccipops said:
I see the telecrap has an article saying Manly's win was 'controversial' because Soward whinged about the time and Cleary wanted the final try checked by the video ref.:rolleyes:

Put a stopwatch on the Penriff kickoff after Hasson's try - glacial speed at best - they wasted it and paid the price ;)

voicefromthehill said:
Did anyone see what happened in the North Eastern corner in the lap after the game? Someone (a Manly member) had some words to DCE, the way tough guys usually do - behind a fence and after he had gone past. Whatever it was It was enough for DCE to stop turn around and offer to have a discussion near the change rooms (can't confirm exact words but the finger pointing and facial expression doesn't usually mean 'thanks mate, let's grab a beer').

In the end Snake and Choc coaxed him away, but the question is

What was said?
Hi voicefromthehill
I was seated very close to the fan that gave DCE a serve. He was mouthing off about how bad Manly and DCE played - using very colourful language. DCE told him to keep his mouth shut as there were kids around. The guy kept saying stuff and again DCE told him not to use that language in front of the kids. My friend that was with me copped the same rant just before DCE passed by. My son actually has some of it on video on his phone - it's not very clear though.

shazza said:
voicefromthehill said:
Did anyone see what happened in the North Eastern corner in the lap after the game? Someone (a Manly member) had some words to DCE, the way tough guys usually do - behind a fence and after he had gone past. Whatever it was It was enough for DCE to stop turn around and offer to have a discussion near the change rooms (can't confirm exact words but the finger pointing and facial expression doesn't usually mean 'thanks mate, let's grab a beer').

What was said?
Hi voicefromthehill
I was seated very close to the fan that gave DCE a serve. He was mouthing off about how bad Manly and DCE played - using very colourful language. DCE told him to keep his mouth shut as there were kids around. The guy kept saying stuff and again DCE told him not to use that language in front of the kids. My friend that was with me copped the same rant just before DCE passed by. My son actually has some of it on video on his phone - it's not very clear though.

well good to know it was those players who don't like DCE were the ones looking after him! :)

The game wasn't a pretty game and manly have to improve a lot, But in saying that, i think their fitness was showing in the 2nd half, where usually manly would fade away. Penrith were shot, and manly had the energy.

Maybe this training regime of ramping up before the finals did flatten them a bit, but they are still on top of the ladder and starting to show good fitness late in the game.

shazza said:
He was mouthing off about how bad Manly and DCE played - using very colourful language. DCE told him to keep his mouth shut as there were kids around. The guy kept saying stuff and again DCE told him not to use that language in front of the kids.

What an idiot that fan is.
What a fine young man DCE is.

shazza said:
voicefromthehill said:

What was said?
Hi voicefromthehill

Hearing that makes me like DCE more. A decent young man with the moral strength to stand up for decent behaviour.

Tallis just gave a big wrap to the game yesterday first time since retired his hair on the back of his neck stood up.

He said standing room only at the fortress nothing is better

The Wheel said:
Tallis just gave a big wrap to the game yesterday first time since retired his hair on the back of his neck stood up.

Well, it wasn't going to be the hairs on the top of his head! :p

They just showed how Buhrer had come to the sideline after he hurt his knee in the 63 minute.

The Trainer/Physio sends him back :huh:
Wonder if they had strapped his leg first , would he have saved his ACL?

Gifty was also allowed back after injuring his foot :dodgy: Now he has missed most of 2014 :s

They also let Ritchie go back on in last year's match when he broke his neck. However I think our club's medical/trainers/rehab have a good reputation in the game, maybe just one of those things?? (or 3 of those things)

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
How was gifty's video tribute?

Fantastic, they should have it up on the web soon @"MWSE Membership" :idea:
It was underscored by Barnsey's 'Working Class Man' - a real toe tapper.
It was funny seeing Gifty clean shaven and with hair :p

Kingy's was good too :)

We forget each highlight as another one manifests, so its great to have these compilations of the Player. :angel:

HM, I just fixed the tag in your post for MWSE Membership.

To get the tagging to work correctly for a multi-word username, you have to enter it as such:

@""MWSE Membership""

:)

shazza said:
voicefromthehill said:

What was said?
Hi voicefromthehill

I was wondering what that was about. I was just out of earshot so couldn't hear DCE, but he wasn't happy that's for sure.

From watching it live I thought it looked like Buhrer was saying he felt it but didnt think it was that bad

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8