Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 8, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are a better man than me in giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's his job to know everything about every player in the game. (what foot he steps off, what side he passes best etc). His friggin' name shouldn't be that hard !!!!

Yeah, maybe I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, but i see in my line of work what stress does, and he was talking, well trying to talk... but you could see in his eyes he wasn't composed and his head wasn't in the interview. His mind was ticking over about something else other than what he was trying to positively relay about his team's effort.

If i am wrong, Sticky should be the last guy to get upset about on field banter.

Quietly confident tonight.

We seem to do better when our other sides do poorly ( i.e. Against cows, dogs and chooks the reggies and 21s didn't win a game and the firsts killed em)
After that the reggies won a couple and even the 21's won a game and our first grade team got smacked

Now that the 21's are back to losing form we must be specials!!

My theory worked!!

21's and Blacktown both lose and first grade wins

Wish it was that simple to predict a winner

Just watched the post match interview with Stuart, I can't for the life of me see why he is being criticised. And I hate Ricky with a passion
Look, it ain't a biggy, but at the end of the day if you were trying to make the point that they had two shots at goal and should have won in regular time, wouldn't you just say that ? Saying "they had a bloke, can't remember his name" brings it back to personal. Just thought it lacked a bit of class, which this guy seems to deliver time and time again when he loses.

Yeah, maybe I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, but i see in my line of work what stress does, and he was talking, well trying to talk... but you could see in his eyes he wasn't composed and his head wasn't in the interview. His mind was ticking over about something else other than what he was trying to positively relay about his team's effort.

If i am wrong, Sticky should be the last guy to get upset about on field banter.
He may be displaying signs of early onset dementia. At half time he was interviewed and asked what he thought of the Paulo no-try, and he looked blank and said he couldn't remember it.

11884438.jpg

Yep, was having some late night banter with some mates regarding this "crowd engagement" ( btw - what a f#$king wank that title is?)
To me the stupid viking clap is up there with the Wanderers RBB and their 80th minute Poznan shenanigans, like, really who turns their back on their team with 10 to go?
Ask most supporters why they do what the do and they shrug their shoulders, look down at the ground and mumble "um,...it's just what we do as members".
Bunch of lemmings. Go to the footy to watch the footy FFS!

In the DT today Dylan Walker tells of what he said to Canberra players after his winning penalty goal last Friday night. But, one of the reader comments made me laugh.....

"Cocky little upstarts, how have you worked that one out? Dylan is a loud mouth who got lucky in what was a very high grade game. Lets see how the season pans out hey Megan. Oh we have won 3 premierships BTW"

3 premierships huh? Hmmmmm we've won 8 premierships, 3 of them since Canberra last appeared in a GF. And who won that Grand Final 30 years ago between Manly and Canberra? Oh yes......WE DID lol.

I wonder if we could use Matai & Bullet's money next season, and try and sign Tedesko (to play 6), or Foran, and maybe go something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. James Tedesko / Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Jackson Hastings

14. Api Koroisou / Blake Green

Can i assume that you were on the drink on sunday afternoon when you wrote this?
Teddy wants to become the best fullback in the comp, which is why is favoured to take unders and play for the roosters. Why on earth would he even consider taking a deal elsewhere to play 5/8?
But just to humour you, lets say for some reason he did consider playing 5/8 for us, do you really think that halves combination would work? Can you not see that that dce needs a structured halves partner to compliment his own playing style? Can you think of any other club that has had success with two off the cuff style running halves? The dragons experimented with it last year and it didn't work real well for them did it. Look at the improvement in garreth widdop's game now that he has a structured half to suit his off the cuff running style.

So proud of the boys efforts. Made my weekend! Few things went out way, quite a few didn't. But they showed a lot heart. Love beating Canberra, especially sweet for Dylan :) on we roll!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7