Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

42 6
BB Print Stadium
17 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

we need to make some pressure through repeat sets and not try and score every single set, one thing we've stopped doing is the fourth tackle kick to the fullback with turbo running through. if we run that play 3 times were guaranteed at least one try. this is a very winnable game but I fear uncle nick has will get the last laugh

The Eagle Has Landed

Bencher
Tipping Member
I reckon throw Suli in and Harper out. Suli's runs with the ball can be devastating. Harper is busted up and out of form and cost us bigtime against the Storm. He's been terrible for a month now.

Peter C

Bencher
That NRL journo Dan Walsh stuffs up again, saying that Manly were in the Townsville dressing room after the game. What a ridiculous concept - flying up to townsville after the the game on the sunshine coast.

This is on the back of him calling Pap's drop goal a "drop punt".
This Dan Walsh guy sounds like a "dropkick"

Remy

shuu

Favorite interview this week so far. Seems motivated and hungry for revenge, seems to know where they messed up. And I love how he mentioned that the boys aren't new to this type of adversity, we've been through it at the start of the season. "It is part of our DNA, part of our character. We respond to adversity well," if that doesn't get you hyped for Friday I don't know what will. I hope they all come with that attitude and walk the walk on Friday. Go Manly!

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I wonder if the night game made any difference to our poor handling. We were playing lovely afternoon games on dry tracks for the previous month. Gotta adjust.
Also playing in the humidity of Townsville the week before also maybe was a factor of a 6 day break.

I think this plays a factor with roosters this week the games up there looked so humid last weekend

Simonmyers11

First Grader
It will be won in the forwards. Personally think we need Sipley. He's runs always seem to get us going and missing impact off the bench. Hopefully paeska gets back to his best as been off a little undestandadly having been out injured. Also Keppie and Josh are not in best form either, missing a few games of late.

I think Crocker will straighten them up and just hope to see us punch a few holes up the middle.

Manly's best attack comes off quick play the balls and dominating in the forwards first.

We do that, then there is plenty of points in Manly and Tom just needs a small platform to work off first and then its totally different looking team.

Also, want to see the extra efforts on the inside defense like Souths showed. Some of quac, shuster, harper's efforts on the edges have not been up to what they can produce. Would also like to see Walker brought on later, and have a front row rotation brought on first change and go through the middle, then getting too fancy too early.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Manly by 12+ in this one, a second half blitz will win it for US!
If we can control possession and get on a run, I also think will have too much in the second half. Once we click can go bang, bang bang. Just need to bring the effort and commitment we know they can play with.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It will be won in the forwards. Personally think we need Sipley. He's runs always seem to get us going and missing impact off the bench. Hopefully paeska gets back to his best as been off a little undestandadly having been out injured. Also Keppie and Josh are not in best form either, missing a few games of late.

I think Crocker will straighten them up and just hope to see us punch a few holes up the middle.

Manly's best attack comes off quick play the balls and dominating in the forwards first.

We do that, then there is plenty of points in Manly and Tom just needs a small platform to work off first and then its totally different looking team.

Also, want to see the extra efforts on the inside defense like Souths showed. Some of quac, shuster, harper's efforts on the edges have not been up to what they can produce. Would also like to see Walker brought on later, and have a front row rotation brought on first change and go through the middle, then getting too fancy too early.

If we can control possession and get on a run, I also think will have too much in the second half. Once we click can go bang, bang bang. Just need to bring the effort and commitment we know they can play with.
I agree with both posts we have to come with the same game plan as Parramatta match at Bankwest and no give a inch to easts.

It will be so devastating if we don't see a response from last week and really see us with finals type effort.

stoodamire

Bencher
We were so passive in defence against the Storm.

Don’t know whether it was deliberate or not. But this week we got to play with intent, run hard and hit hard.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Des will have Manly up for this weeks game against the Roosters
I believe Des was desperate to get to 4th and that's why he didn't rest any players
The team needed to play a finals game, 1/2 the team had never played a 1st grade finals game
As it turned out it showed
Now the players know what is expected to win a finals game
I'm expecting a lot better performance this week

Last edited:

malroon

Reserve Grader
Manly players felt they had "let the jersey down" during a morose aftermath to their thrashing from Melbourne as their attention now turns to avenging a similar carve up six months ago by the Roosters.

The Sea Eagles' 40-12 loss to the Storm last Friday night has put Manly's season on the line and in danger of being bookended by thumping losses at either end of an otherwise impressive year.

A miserable 46-4 defeat to the Roosters in round 1 cast doubt over Des Hasler's extension talks as Manly slumped to a 0-4 opening month, blowing out their premiership odds to beyond 100-1.

For all their pyrotechnics since then, Friday's defeat proved a "wake-up call" for six Sea Eagles making their finals debut, with the aftermath at Townsville's QCB Stadium particularly confronting.

"It wasn't pleasant," prop Taniela Paseka said of the dressing room scene.

"After the game, we had a chat in the locker room after everyone had showered, we stayed back and had a chat.

"It was very quiet. No one really spoke. We were very disappointed, I was very disappointed, we felt like we let the jersey down so it really hurt us.

"The boys put their hands up. It was done then.

"It's never easy, especially with the amount of points they put on us, we're a better team than that ... to relive that wasn't a good feeling. But it was also good so we don't let it happen again to ensure we don't let it happen again.

"We're in the same spot again and I have faith that we'll get out of this."

Captain Daly Cherry-Evans conceded an element of complacency or expectation could easily have crept into Manly's mindset against Melbourne, where a slew of early handling errors and penalties ensured they were never really matched the premiers.

Former Wests Tigers prop Josh Aloiai meanwhile played his 104th NRL game but his first finals outing in the Storm loss.

Not since the season's opening month has a Sea Eagles dressing room been so despondent.

The 42-point shellacking the Roosters inflicted in round one still lives large in Aloiai's mind, but with a focus on Manly's rise and development in the months since.

"That hurt that day and I want the opportunity to get one back," Aloiai said.

Hasler confident Sea Eagles can turn it around
"You look at our squad and all the individuals, how much they've grown and evolved, they're just totally different people.
"Some of the guys that didn't have much NRL experience are [now] high on confidence and have played so much more NRL football.
"One thing you can count on with this squad is the belief won't waiver. We're a team that has battled adversity from the start of the year from every kind of angle.
"We're a team that has huge character and you can expect us to bounce back and bounce back big this week."

grassy

Bencher
Will be leaving for Mackay on Thursday morning. The wife staying home for this one but will have the company of my daughters. Two rabid Manly fans. Not looking forward to the 5 hour drive but will be accompanied by music from The Beatles. The lengths I go to for this team. If they only knew. Go Manly

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Will be leaving for Mackay on Thursday morning. The wife staying home for this one but will have the company of my daughters. Two rabid Manly fans. Not looking forward to the 5 hour drive but will be accompanied by music from The Beatles. The lengths I go to for this team. If they only knew. Go Manly
Let’s hope your dedication is rewarded 🤞

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

5 hours of 'Eagle rock' on loop for you!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Hey Jude goes on for about 5 hours . Great song .

Enjoy the ride and drive safely feathered freind

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well look what came today

Only a week late

Will wear it proudly on Friday night here on the northern beaches.

Hope it brings us good luck or will it be the shirt never to be worn again cursed t shirt
20210914_101828.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15