Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 18, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
18 4 Pines Park
02 Jul 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

That Nat (or Nate?? they change it sometimes) is good, would like him on our team.
JWH dirty eye gouge looked on purpose to me, don't think he was put on report.
Chez good, Rubes good, Jake good.
Parker had good and bad moments, Manu is tough to mark though.
Glad we got the win but it should've been easier, made it tough for themselves.
I thought he actually had 3 goes at trying to rip his fingers across Sips eyes, dead set grub, hope the MRC have a look at it, big dog or just a dog…..

Last edited:
Very happy with the win, however we had enough ball to win that game by 18 points.

We just have to look at the speed of the Roosters D to show what we need to be doing.

Woods can't run thru a wet paper bag.

Aloiai was good with zero handling errors.

Burbo was awesome after he eventually came on.

Koula was very good defensively.

Was it just me, or was Croker and DCE shutting out Schu by continually going right or passing it to Jake when they went left.
Considering Schu and Burbo won the match for Manly, it was strange.
In the few games where Schu has looked good he has had a lot of runners around him. Tonight he had a lot less support which made him an easy target.

Roosters will win plenty of more matches with that defensive form showed tonight. Round 23 could well be a defining match.
Completely agree with you, we should take anything away from the win today because they had players out.

I’ve watched most of their games this year and I thought that was up there with one of their better performances. They played far better today without their players than they have with them previously.

Shu seemed a bit off it but did what he needed to do, I don't think he cost us negatively - if not for having a quiet game. Parker was average tbh, and I say that as a fan of the future Immortal, got stood up a number of times on the outside. I don't know if that's because of the defensive structures we run or what.

I could be wrong but isn't that side of the field which has been pretty bad all season as far as defense goes? Maybe something to work on, along with our 20m attacking plays.

Decent win overall, I put that down to DCE dominating. Anyway no one will remember the specfics and it keeps us in touch with the 8, happy days for now.

Last edited:
I thought he actually had 3 goes at trying to rip his fingers across Paseka’s eyes, dead set grub, hope the MRC have a look at it, big dog or just a dog…..
He did have three goes. Where is Dexter Morgan when you need him?

152B5ABF-8CF5-4EEC-81BA-F863558040F2.jpeg

I thought that was a pretty high-quality game. Chooks looked better for a lot of it, I was only watching on TV but their line speed for the entire game was astonishing. Are they that much fitter than Manly, or better trained, or something? But to get the win was a great effort by the Manly 17, a few moments of brilliance was enough to steal it.
Producing that form on a consistent basis is our biggest problem though. Gawd I hope they don't take Jake for that dead rubber Origin circus.

I thought that was a pretty high-quality game. Chooks looked better for a lot of it, I was only watching on TV but their line speed for the entire game was astonishing. Are they that much fitter than Manly, or better trained, or something? But to get the win was a great effort by the Manly 17, a few moments of brilliance was enough to steal it.
Producing that form on a consistent basis is our biggest though. Gawd I hope they don't take Jake for that dead rubber Origin circus.
Like every other team, they know Croker hardly runs from dummy half and when he does, he's easy pickings. That's a big reason why they rush up. If we had a Brandon Smith / Harry Grant or even a Blake Brailey / Marshall King...it wouldn't happen as often.

Completely agree with you, we should take anything away from the win today because they had players out.

I’ve watched most of their games this year and I thought that was up there with one of their better performances. They played far better today without their players than they have with them previously.
Best call of the day here. Thought exactly the same thing.

Producing that form on a consistent basis is our biggest problem though. Gawd I hope they don't take Jake for that dead rubber Origin circus.
I was watching live and got the exact same impression. The Roosters line speed was exceptional. The pushed the boundaries on slowing the PTB and leaving the line early. They were doing it as a single unit, all at the same time.

I was amazed how often we got pinged for inside the 10 but it happened because there was an individual that stood out from the crowd.

Learning the refs thresholds and playing to them accurately as a team is incredibly underrated. We have individuals that can pull it off (DCE was offside for his interception IMO) but we struggle to do it as a unit. When everyone goes at the same time, only a split second early, it makes it very hard for the ref to call.

Shu seemed a bit off it but did what he needed to do, I don't think he cost us negatively - if not for having a quiet game. Parker was average tbh, and I say that as a fan of the future Immortal, got stood up a number of times on the outside. I don't know if that's because of the defensive structures we run or what.

I could be wrong but isn't that side of the field which has been pretty bad all season as far as defense goes? Maybe something to work on, along with our 20m attacking plays.

Decent win overall, I put that down to DCE dominating. Anyway no one will remember the specfics and it keeps us in touch with the 8, happy days for now.
I'll watch the game again tomorrow coz you always see things a bit different than at the game but I thought Parks was pretty good today. Pulled off a lot of good tackles and and set up the 1st try palming off Manu (not easy) and making the break, then back to Garrick for the kick thru. Tui is the one that has the problem of coming off his wing. For example, Parker had Manu covered for their 1st try but Tui came in and left the winger open. But anyway .......

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8