Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 18, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
18 4 Pines Park
02 Jul 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

When I heard Robbo complain about the bad calls (any action against him nrl? You'd fine ricky, but not the untouchables....what a surprise) - I thought I'd have another look at it.

Blobbo said:

Robinson disagreed with the call and then pointed out a couple more instances throughout the game he believed his side was hard done by.

Well Casey (Badger) the touch judge didn’t call it... she said it was fine,” Robinson said.

“Ben (Cummins) called it from a poor angle and called it forward but the touch judge that was right in line didn’t call it.

1) It wasn't the best angle, but it was far from a poor angle by cummings and we've seen refs call them from that position 1000's of times,

2) I found this to be very interesting. Casey actually hesitated / stopped when the pass was thrown as if to call it forward. But it seems that maybe it being near the end of a close game, she didn't want to make a 'contentious' call. (Or maybe she didn't think it was forward, after a split-second of thinking about it, I don't know). Though the hesitation may be so that she didn't over run the play.

Cummings on the other hand (some would say miraculously) saw the forward pass and ruled on it.

3) Referees are supposed to rule 'without fear or favour'. Even though we know in games like SOO, the whistle gets put away more than usual (have a look at any hockey game with 5 mins to go.... it's like refs have thrown their whistles away, especially in the finals).

Hopefully with more experience, all touch judges will rule on blatant indiscretions and not feel scared of any consequences. Anyway, they only get dropped for a week so big deal.

4) Blobbo, and the 3 roosters fans the team has, can go headbutt a skunk. Tossers. A strip on Bullemor wasn't called and Ola was taken out trying to score... so stop whining.

When I heard Robbo complain about the bad calls (any action against him nrl? You'd fine ricky, but not the untouchables....what a surprise) - I thought I'd have another look at it.

Blobbo said:

Robinson disagreed with the call and then pointed out a couple more instances throughout the game he believed his side was hard done by.

Well Casey (Badger) the touch judge didn’t call it... she said it was fine,” Robinson said.

“Ben (Cummins) called it from a poor angle and called it forward but the touch judge that was right in line didn’t call it.

1) It wasn't the best angle, but it was far from a poor angle by cummings and we've seen refs call them from that position 1000's of times,

2) I found this to be very interesting. Casey actually hesitated / stopped when the pass was thrown as if to call it forward. But it seems that maybe it being near the end of a close game, she didn't want to make a 'contentious' call. (Or maybe she didn't think it was forward, after a split-second of thinking about it, I don't know). Though the hesitation may be so that she didn't over run the play.

Cummings on the other hand (some would say miraculously) saw the forward pass and ruled on it.

3) Referees are supposed to rule 'without fear or favour'. Even though we know in games like SOO, the whistle gets put away more than usual (have a look at any hockey game with 5 mins to go.... it's like refs have thrown their whistles away, especially in the finals).

Hopefully with more experience, all touch judges will rule on blatant indiscretions and not feel scared of any consequences. Anyway, they only get dropped for a week so big deal.

4) Blobbo, and the 3 roosters fans the team has, can go headbutt a skunk. Tossers. A strip on Bullemor wasn't called and Ola was taken out trying to score... so stop whining.
Blobbo also said the penalty given for a leg pull on DCE which led to the winning try was a Plant, as advised by the nrl earlier in the year, looking at the replay DCE was on 2 feet when the leg pull happened, what replays do these guys watch while in the coaches box ??

Blobbo said:

100% Global, every Ref's decision was disputed by the Chook players no matter how ridiculous they sound, when it gets like that the Ref just turns off even to the ones where they might have a case. And Robbo, aka the Science teacher just whines and babbles on at his pressers. Does he not know how he comes across...lol.

Blobbo also said the penalty given for a leg pull on DCE which led to the winning try was a Plant, as advised by the nrl earlier in the year, looking at the replay DCE was on 2 feet when the leg pull happened, what replays do these guys watch while in the coaches box ??
Bet if it was a Manly player pulling the leg, he'd be spraying the coaches box window with expletives. This guy comes across as all smart and intelligent and all, but in reality he's just a shmuck.

Should have been a sin binning for a professional foul.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8