Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Round 2, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

21 14
4 Pines Park
17 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If fit Schuster in my opinion will definitely be in the 17, though Seibold may bring him in slowly through the bench leaving Burbo first choice in the back row. Same forward pack with Schuster for Waddell, Humphries for Lawton. Talau or Vaega for Saab's wing.
Yep , exactly what I’d do

GIWMpblaAAAcC-6.jpg

SUNDAY MARCH 17

Manly Sea Eagles vs Sydney Roosters at 4 Pines Park, 4.05pm AEDT

Last week’s Sea Eagles team
: 1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jason Saab 3. Tolutau Koula 4. Reuben Garrick 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Luke Brooks 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Josh Aloiai 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Ben Trbojevic 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Karl Lawton 15. Corey Waddell 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Nathan Brown

Team Tips: A hamstring injury to Jason Saab looks to be the only change Anthony Seibold will be forced to make after a strong win over the Rabbitohs. Both Raymond Vaega or Tommy Talau are in line to win the wing spot, with Saab set to be sidelined for at least one round.

Last week’s Roosters team: 1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 18. Junior Pauga 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Spencer Leniu 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Siua Wong 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley 14. Sandon Smith 15. Naufahu Whyte 16. Nat Butcher 17. Terrell May

Team Tips: The Roosters are set to welcome veteran Jared Waerea-Hargreaves back into this team, serving his suspension. He will likely start in place of Spencer Leniu who is set for a lengthy suspension in the wake of the racism scandal that took place during their Las Vegas clash. Billy Smith is also battling a hamstring injury after being ruled out of the club’s Round 1 clash, but a off-season recruit is set for a return. Watching his brother Alex play Penrith in NSW Cup, superstar flyer Dom Young told spectators he was good to go for Round 2 and will likely take Junior Pauga’s spot on the wing after a neck injury kept him sidelined in Vegas. Siua Wong has been cleared of any injury and will likely remain in the backrow, while it remains to be seen whether Sitili Tupouniua will be good to go, having suffered a groin injury. If he’s ruled out Nat Butcher will take his place and Angus Crichton is a chance of coming onto the bench.

If you haven’t got tix yet and are wanting to go get in quick, very quick

Thank you @The Wheel
The 2 Vegas Winners front up !
What a Game to Watch live and feel the Great Vibe of our Home Grounds Electric Aura

Common Manly Lets Go
with Two Mighty Big Wins in a Row !

This is going to be a most interesting game , pre season I would have said “ no chance” , now , at home , and after seeing the side in round 1 we are a good chance.

The one issue I feel is the loss of Saab.

Their tall winger really knows how to score , and I fear whomever they put in to replace Jason will be heavily targeted.

Personally , I’d move Garrick back out , but I doubt he’ll be happy with that.

Dom Young always seems to play well against us, it's frightening what he may do on the end of the rooster's backline. We can't put Ray up against him, he'd be left on the ground watching the air show up above him

Dom Young always seems to play well against us, it's frightening what he may do on the end of the rooster's backline. We can't put Ray up against him, he'd be left on the ground watching the air show up above him
It's an imposing backline. Young, Manu and Suiialli, pardon the spelling, and Teddy roaming behind them. Don't think it matters who we have marking them, it was always going to be a big ask anyway.

I am going all optimist, I think Manly wins this on the back of a huge Turbo game. You could see him last week trying to put his stamp on the match but the timing just wasn't there for him. This week, he gets it right.
I actually thought he played better (and more of his natural game) than any of last year's games. His running looked more fluid and he didn't look like he was over-trying

Spencer , 8 weeks !!

Good, and not just because we play them on Sunday.

As someone in here pointed out the other day ... it doesn't matter what we or anyone else thinks about what was said, its the fact that Ezra Mam was offended by the comment that counts. After all, it was Mam the monkey comment was directed at, not any of the fans with an opinion.

Hopefully in whatever way, Spencer Leniu can learn from this and become a better person.

The bonus of course is that he won't be playing against us on Sunday.

As to who'll come in onto Saab's wing against the Chooks ... I have a feeling that Seibs will go with Ray over Talau. I hope not. I think we'd be better with Talau, but I have a feeling that's the way our coach is going to go. Either way we find out tomorrow afternoon.

While we’re struggling to work out what winger to play, they‘ll be struggling to work out which winger to drop, if Smith‘s fit, who misses out? Suaalii, Young or Tupou and here we are thinking we have a tuff decision, Rorters.

Is Lawton all good to go? It wasn’t long ago he apparently is ruled out 8 weeks + with that Ankle injury, I think we’ll see either Gordie or Humphreys take his place off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8