Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 2, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
21 4 Pines Park
17 Mar 2024 16:05
76:53 minute

Match Stats

Is anyone else absolutely sick to death of Dom Young scoring 100m tries against us?! And why is it always Garrick giving chase?! I never want to see that ever ever again in my life.
Loved the chase from Garrick though. Young is very, very fast, and Rueben very nearly got him. Doesn't have any quit in him, which is an excellent quality in a footy player (see Trbojevic, J.)

Ya gotta love game day threads… that was as good a performance as this team has put on in years in my opinion yet individual players have been smashed in the comments all game 🤣🤣🤣
I get it… I am stressed the f* ck out too but jeez you have to admire the way they have played the last 2 weeks… dare I say it, this looks like a red hot football side…
Im not missing it ( the GDT).

I think my favourite aspect apart from beating the chooks and starting the season 2/2, was how we come out and started the second half, whatever Seibs said and I’ll have a crack, he rightfully piled it on our forwards and they responded in kind, great opening set and well rewarded, that was probably the game defining moment for me.

And before you do Bozo you have permission to pleasure yourself while singing Eagle Rock 🦅
Thank you feathered friend
Nothing like self pleasure after a Pleasurable Manly win
Hey-ey-ey
Good old Eagle Rock is here to stay
I get crazy pleasure about the way we WIN
Doin' the Eagle Rock

Bombed so many points. That we dominated possession and got the points is such a great sign. Roosters are good team in 24.

This team has grown over the off season, but there's a lot of growth yet.

Consistency. Be ware of the drop off next week. Eels looked better than the riff for plenty of Friday nite.
Just need to Roll em in Forwards Baby.

You say that but he has 24 runs and 230 run metres according to nrl.com. Every team knows they have to cover Tom so he often gets marked out of the game.
Later on in the season for a few attacking plays it could be worth swapping Turbo and Koula around.

Refs pull up every little slap on the face these days and penalise, because you know... protecting the head and all that... and yet, Teddy can knee a winger in the head (player off for HIA), and nothing. What was that protecting? 🤔

Refs pull up every little slap on the face these days and penalise, because you know... protecting the head and all that... and yet, Teddy can knee a winger in the head (player off for HIA), and nothing. What was that protecting? 🤔
It was everything I expected today. Bunker clown joke decisions, blind ignorance of a blatant head hit , constant offside rorters and pedantic nit picking 6 agains.

As much as the defensive reads down Garrick’s edge were a problem, it’s a very isolated concern in our defence. The contact and intent of our line won us the game today, not our attack. That’s a great sign. We won the middle and tired the Roosters out, nullifying their attack. They barely had the ball in our 20 all match because we did all the basics well. Completed our yardage sets (our mistakes were mostly using the ball in attacking zones), kicked long, chased hard and cramped the Chooks in their own end.
Also, loved that set to get DCE in firing range to kick that crucial FG, showing just how fit we are as a team.

It was everything I expected today. Bunker clown joke decisions, blind ignorance of a blatant head hit , constant offside rorters and pedantic nit picking 6 agains.
I'm with you on that, Mick... they were indeed... Champagne campaigners today

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8