Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We shut Maloney out of the game on Monday night, now it's time to do it again to the young Chooks halves pairing. The boys coming in for Kapow and BJ must bring new energy to the team after our short turn around.

The @IntrustSuperPrm @NSWRL match vs @newtownrlfc at Brookvale Oval on Saturday has been moved from 3pm to 2pm kick-off time. #GoManly

This is something that I still fail to understand.
1st Grade is a 7.30 kickoff on a Saturday so why not play the NSW Cup at Allianz as well even if it's prior to U20's.
A better gate for Allianz with more incentive for people to go and saves on hire of Brooky for a crowd of what, 500 max?

I get that it's not viable for a Thurs, Fri or Monday night game to play all three grades but a Sat 7.30 kickoff is a no-brainer. I'm sure the players would prefer it too.

https://m.ticketmaster.com.au/ticket/fullcart.do?page=tmau&orddagsins=null
IMG_20160324_162314.jpg

Two games for $52 Adult GA

FIRST @7NewsSydney @LiamCox_TV reports @sydneyroosters board meeting discusses FOUR home games in Gosford in response to NRL stadia plan.

Wyong is already their feeder Club I think

I think we will win this.

Their forwards lack punch on the loss of Maloney's long kicking games and JWH. Whilst we have lost 2 of our best we have still improved our selection with Starling, Symonds and Mateo compared to weeks 1 & 2. Highly suspect Buhrer will return to fill one of those spots and Lussick the other who is pretty solid for your 5th prop and Mateo will see more game time on the left where he is far more dangerous.

In other words this team is far better than round 1 & 2 imo. Brett making up a big chunk of that.

I think we will win this.

Their forwards lack punch on the loss of Maloney's long kicking games and JWH. Whilst we have lost 2 of our best we have still improved our selection with Starling, Symonds and Mateo compared to weeks 1 & 2. Highly suspect Buhrer will return to fill one of those spots and Lussick the other who is pretty solid for your 5th prop and Mateo will see more game time on the left where he is far more dangerous.

In other words this team is far better than round 1 & 2 imo. Brett making up a big chunk of that.

And parcell playing 80mins. He"s a gun

I agree, as much as I love Matty (should have kept him and not bought Api) this guy excited me the most, far more than Taupau. He is a little bit older at 23 for a 10 gamer but Matty was 23 when he debuted as well against the tigpies at Leichardt getting MOM, it pissed down just before kickoff and we were soaked.

I still think there is another level in attack too.

Their squad is full of newbies and no-names. Our team is definitely the stronger one on paper. As long as the boys play like they did last week the Roosters shouldn't trouble us.

I agree, as much as I love Matty (should have kept him and not bought Api) this guy excited me the most, far more than Taupau. He is a little bit older at 23 for a 10 gamer but Matty was 23 when he debuted as well against the tigpies at Leichardt getting MOM, it pissed down just before kickoff and we were soaked.

I still think there is another level in attack too.

Yeah was at that game. When we arrived it was stinking hot and then the heavens opened up. I have never been so wet!

^That excited were you? lol

Ummmmm

Most previews I've read have us winning by 8-10 points, except for @KeithSheldon 's one (and that's ok.)

so do we go out and put 100k on the game like one punter did last week?

^That excited were you? lol

Ummmmm

Most previews I've read have us winning by 8-10 points, except for @KeithSheldon 's one (and that's ok.)

so do we go out and put 100k on the game like one punter did last week?
The double is the go Global
Manly win & Parcell to score a try anytime....should get 8/1 or 10/1 so only a $50 to collect $400 - $500.

It's The Battle of the Trents.
It's the 1st time in any professional sport internationally that two coaches named Trent are opposed. If not, surely the first in Australia? If not surely the 1st time in rugby league? If not, surely it's the 1st time in the nrl era? Definitely the 1st time manly v easts??

It's the 1st time in any professional sport internationally that two coaches named Trent are opposed. If not, surely the first in Australia? If not surely the 1st time in rugby league? If not, surely it's the 1st time in the nrl era? Definitely the 1st time manly v easts??
Wrong on most counts, if not all.

You should have written 'the first time in the modern era.' That would appease the purists like Ray Warren, who read through these threads.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7